2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
OK car......BEWARE OF THROTTLE BODY
By jdcort95 on 12/04/13 21:32 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Don't get me wrong, I like my fusion. Especially as far as the sporty yet conservative look to it. The ride is very smooth and quiet, much more like a luxurious ride than expected!!! Unfortunatley, as MANY have previously mentioned, THE THROTTLE BODY!!! Apparently this year and model have a HUGE problem with this. And it's about $415 to fix..not cheap. And as others have stated its very scary when it goes off and EXTREMELY dangerous...but for some reason ford doesn't want to recall it?!?! The throttle body is the only major repair I've had to do on it so far. The check engine light comes on a lot and the transmission seems very unpredictable.

Comfortable But.....
By thekonz on 12/10/12 07:43 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in September with 55K miles on it (SE fully loaded, Auto Trans.). I fell in love with the SYNC system, moonroof, and general level of comfort and build quality in the interior. About a month after purchase however, this car showed its true colors. It has had the stalling issue fixed twice, and still has intermittent issues. On left turns it makes a loud grinding noise, and on heavy acceleration the engine knocks. The rear quarter panel comes loose at high speeds and the headlights fog worse than london. I had to take out an extended warranty from my credit union in hopes of not being wiped clean financially because of this junk pile, hopefully it will get better.

Horrible Car
By kriswe80 on 05/30/12 19:57 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Highly disappointed! Have had this car for 2 years and have had it in the shop so much. The arm rest broke requiring the whole door panel to be replaced, the A/C switch broke requiring the entire dashboard taken apart, serpentine belt shredded and never made any noise before happening now there's a recall on the wheel stud & rear brake disc inspection and lug nut replacement and sure enough I had a lug nut break before I even got the notice. The drivers seat is also electric and is very temperamental also.

2010 Fusion SE Auto Sun+Sync
By thom1486 on 04/15/12 09:46 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought mine used with 22,500 miles in August 2010; now has 27,500. I love the car. The ride is comfortable, yet athletic. The stereo is awesome; no mechanical issues, still a very solid vehicle. Easy to attain EPA fuel economy ratings. Have not had any of the transmission issues I have heard much about, hopefully they don't pop up. Great car, I'd recommend to anybody. I chose it over the Civic, Camry, Cruze, and Malibu

Best American car i ever owned
By hopefulone on 10/25/11 13:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased car April 2 2010 and right out of the box until now October 25 2011 the car is perfect. Not one thing has gone wrong "Yet".With time i may experience something but until then i have no complaints about the Fusion SE with Stick Shift. Some cars purchased during the economic downturn (2008 thru 2009) seem to be the cars people are complaining about.These cars were mostly sold during the "cash for clunkers" government program and i know of others on the Ford Fusion forum who have had some silly to some serious setbacks in their cars.

6 Speed Manual
By mnfusion on 01/12/11 20:37 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Fusion 8 monthes ago and have already racked up 26,000 miles. So far I have had no problems to speak of. Gas mileage with the 4cyl. manual has been between 26mpg and 32mpg. Overall very nice vehicle. It runs quiet and smooth down the road and gets up and goes well for a 4 cyl.

Not the quality I expected
By charly on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

We liked the sync system and the styling, that's why we bought it. Right off we noticed that the 4cylnder engine is under-powered. If I were to do it again I would spring for the v6 but I won't be. I am really disappointed in the build quality. I passed up on a Camry because of the high ratings of the fusion and now I am regretting it. After 8 months of ownership and 6 trips to the service department not including scheduled maintenance, I'm taking a loss and getting out as soon as I can. An 8 month old car should not have weather stripping and window seals failing. only 2 reasons for this, poor quality or poor craftsmanship.

Love my Fusion
By Megan on 11/04/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my fusion for a little over a month now and I love it. I was deciding between it and the Accord. In the end the Fusion won hands down because of all the cool features the car has. It is a nice smooth ride and I love the SYNC system and bluetooth. It is the prefect size sedan where it is not too big. It looks great on the outside and inside. So glad I bought a Ford!

Ford Fusion SE V6 Select Shift Automatic
By Bob on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I am pleased with my 2010 Ford Fusion SE with V6, select shift automatic, appearance package, and sync system. It handles great, has more than enough power, and gets better mileage than expected. In mostly suburban driving I average 23.5 MPG. One complaint would be that the transmission could shift smoother, especially from second to third. It shifts a little like a stick even in fully automatic and after a recall to adjust the shift controller. Another complaint would be rear visibility. The trunk is deep reducing height of rear window, making it hard to see when backing up, even for someone of average height.

Camry killer
By Ford Tough on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Just bought the 2010 Ford Fusion to replace a 2004 Toyota Camry. Test drove new Camry, Prius, Sonata, and Accord. Fusion beat them all hands down!! Car is very solidly built fit and finish is excellent! Ride quality is very smooth and cabin is quiet. Steering feel is much better than vague Toyota steering. Averaging 32 mpg in mostly highway driving Engine is perfect mix of efficiency and power. Very glad we bought this over another Camry! It's very nice to have a car with some character to it again!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$120 per month*