2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
My Fusion
By talms63 on 09/22/13 10:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine brand new in August 09 and I know have 76,000 miles on it. First the bad. The throttle body kicked the bucket after 60,000 miles, the driver side door handle broke last summer, the check engine light always seems to come on even though nothing seems to be wrong, and there seems to be a vapor lock when I fill it with gas and it will struggle to start and then it's fine. Now for the good. I've used the car more like a truck and it's done great. I've driven up and down the east coast in it filled with camping stuff and two bikes on the back and it's been great. I've driven it thru creeks, forests, on the beach, and in heavy snow and it's a beast.

2010 Ford Fusion 6 cyl Sport
By dideerooster on 05/14/13 15:32 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my fusion 2 1/2 yrs ago with 3000 miles on it. At 18000 miles had to replace the brakes all around. Now at 25000 miles it's in the shop for the transmission. While on a trip, the tach would rev back and forth while loosing power when "trying" to shift into high gear. When it finally did shift, it shifted hard. Did this 7 times before we got it home. Took it right to garage and it sat there exactly 7 days before they even pulled it inside. Now they have it torn apart trying to find the problem.. Really shocked at the problems. My husband has had 3 as company cars and never had an ounce of trouble with them.

Performance and Tire Wear
By rjpii on 11/11/12 23:04 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am shopping ahead of time for new tires for my 2010 Ford Fusion Sport. In doing so I ran across this site and other with a variety of comments and ratings. I bought my car in Jan of 2010 and have 45,500 miles on it. My tires are good for another 5000 - 7500 miles. And they have at times been put to the test. Rotated every 7000 miles along with oil service. This car kills every other 3.5 I have run against. The average mileage up and down my 27 mile communte is between 24 and 26 MPG. I am surprised that it has been 100% reliable with no additional service needs. I have owned 3 BMW's and this car is more fun to drive. Not as "secure" in high speed turns but good enough. Love it.

Electrical and Transmission problems
By yoc on 11/03/12 06:07 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Car in shop several times due to transmission slippage that always has to be adjusted. Shifting from reverse to drive causes a big jerk..and the latest is intermittent battery dying - dealer says battery bad and replaced for $200.00! ...First time owning ford and not happy with it at all! All reviews seem to be consistent and Ford not doing anything but raping pockets! Last one for me! Here I come Chevrolet and may be consider Honda - also the head rest and seat is poorly designed.

up date HAPPY DUDE
By bluefalcon on 04/16/12 18:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

29700 miles and still happy. still love styling sport blue outside and blue insert seats. The 3.5 V6 still pulls strong, a sleeper but don't expect to take Corvette. Average about 22 mpg and need to replace first set of tires and will not go with the Good Year RS A tires again. Ok tire but not great.

My Best Car Yet!
By Erik on 07/27/10 22:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is by far my best business commuter/ travel car yet! I'm now going on 10 months of ownership and I'm coming up on nearly 50,000 miles and not one issue yet. I drive about 80k miles a year usually, and this car so far is super reliable. I love how comfy it is on the really really long trips (longest so far is 9 days and 3100 miles). The only thing I've replaced so far is the tires at 29k. I can just go on and on about how much I love this car! My last 4 commuters were all Accords but no more, Fusions from here on out.

Rockin' Car!
By Erik on 07/15/10 01:38 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

What a great and amazing car! I pretty much drive for a living (I drive close to 80K miles every year). When I bought this car it was down to the Acura TL and this Fusion Sport and the bang for the buck was in the end unbeatable. I was really worried if the car would have the fun to drive factor in the twisties and retain the comfort over long hauls. I've made both of those trips dozens of times so far (Longest trip was 2500 miles in 9 days) and this car is brilliant. No regrets about not buying the acura I have nearly 45k trouble free miles! Will buy another one for sure.

Love it but room for improvement
By roy on 07/04/10 04:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great car - quiet at all speeds as long as Windows and sunroof closed. Not a good car for Windows down driving at highway speeds. Great gas mileage (had an explorer before). I get 30 mpg on highway at 70 mph w/ Cruise and low 20's in town. Strong engine but exhaust too muted - looking for aftermarket. Wish it was a manual stick. Interior is very nice - love SYNC and Sony sound system. Seats could be more comfortable but decent. Lots of people like the looks of the car.

So Far, So Good
By WestTenn on 05/15/10 19:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my 2010 Ford Fusion Sport for nearly 4 months and I have no regrets about my purchase. I continue to enjoy the power of the 3.5L V-6, crisp handling, and quiet ride. It's a nimble-enough of a car in-town and a smooth performer on open highways. The leather-upholstered seats are fairly comfortable. I have found the EPA fuel mileage estimates to be very accurate for both city and highway driving (21/26 mpg). It's an attractive car; my friends really like it and strangers have come up to ask me (in a nice way) to find out what kind of car it is! The main "disappointment" would be the brakes -- they could be a bit more resolute.

A really enjoyable car to drive!
By A.R. on 04/10/10 08:51 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've got a long drive to work and put 40,000 miles a year on my cars. I tried buying used but got burned, so after A LOT thought I decided to buy a Fusion Sport. I think I made the right choice b/c this is enjoyable to drive, very comfortable, and reliable. I got the sport blue w/ black leather & I've received more compliments on it than the BMW 3 Series I used to drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$139 per month*