Used 2010 Ford Fusion S Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

214,000 miles in 6 and a half years, great car!
By Pdavidsoncycle@gmail.com

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Been great to me, I generally put 150 highway miles on each day. Comfortable and good technology as well as smooth ride for a budget car. My only complaint is that the glove compartment doesn't have a light. I would surely buy another one of these. Getting ~30 mpg for most of the time, now down to about 27 mpg.

most reliable car I've owned
By jorge

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Bought 2010 Ford fusion in 2011 with 12K miles. It is now 2016 and vehicleh has 167,262 miles on it running strong no check engine light. Oil changes every 7,000 miles (save $) spark plugs not required to be changed until 90K miles (saved $) break pads not changed until 130K yes! 130,000 miles still had plenty of life to them only changed them because I had bought everything already. Getting 29 avg mpg and 32 on the highway. Not all is perfect 1 tire air pressure sensor went out at 80k chose not to fix it. Valve cover seal replaced at 120k cost me $60 and 45 minutes of my time. 87 octane fuel (cheapest $) my Ford fusion is what I need. I also drained&filled transmission fluid at 100K &150k. A/C still perfectly cold for this Texas heat. I forgot to mention the "check fuel inlet" message common problem fixed it by cleaning area and placing a $15 gasoline locking cap.

Be prepared for repairs
By Jason Lee

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my Ford Fusion 2010 after reading the great reviews from Edmunds. After 5 years, I've already had to deal with 3 repairs (replace engine fan, faulty belt tensioner, driver side door broken). The car has never been in an accident, driven 100% in Northern California where the weather is great (never falls below freezing) and garage kept overnight. I am extremely disappointed that the car has had these issues and it's only been 5 years where as my 10 year old Mazda 3 has still yet to have any repairs.

Not enough free time to own this car
By Justin

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Nothing but problems. Axles breaking, stuff leaking, gaskets blowing out, muffler rotted from the inside out, etc.

Overall terrible car. Would NOT recommend.

Not sure about this car yet...
By jmon1

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I bought a 2010 Fusion new and it has 26,000 miles on it.
Everything was fine until the 3 year warranty expired.
In the last week I have had the A/C manifold replaced, the transmission throttle (scary when the car dies going 70 mph) and had a tire blowout.
Thank God I bought the extended warranty as it was well worth the extra $2700. I also bought the road hazard protection warranty, both good for 60,000 miles with a $100. deductible.
I would have already spent in the thousands getting this car fixed, but with the warranty I'm only out $200.
Personally, I think the car handles and rides OK and the MPG is not bad.
I think it's hard to see out of the rear deck though..

Body Style MPG

Lower the rear deck to make visibilty easier and the clock is really hard to see.