2010 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
brake problem
By sherbourne18 on 04/20/14 14:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2010 Fusion Sept.2012. Loved it. May 2013 stepped on brake and car failed to stop. Hit my Doctor's building. Car not damaged but extensive damage to building. Towed to Ford Dealership where purchased,after checking it they said no problem with car that I probably stepped on gas instead of brake. March 2014 same problem, almost sideswiped another car. This time I slammed on the brakes and luckily it stopped. Took it to my Mechanic (not to Ford)The same thing happened at the garage. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I feel very fortunate that no one has been injured or killed including me. Now I won't feel safe in it.

Really can't complain...
By ffusion2010 on 04/14/14 17:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drove my brand new 2010 fusion right off the dealership lot and today....4yrs and 118K miles later really and truly cannot complain about it - from the perspective of what I paid and what I got. I have had some of the issues other mentioned: ie throttle body (still waiting on reimbursement from Ford) and now the transmission is starting to slip a little. I've been lucky with the dealership (afterall I am back there almost every 3 months to get the "works" service done) - thankfully haven't had to do more than the regular service.

Throttle body warranty extension program
By mwp4 on 01/27/14 15:14 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We had a 2010 Fusion (37K miles) serviced for this throttle bottle issue last week. Our mechanic friend, who works for a Lexus dealer, was not able to diagnose or replicate the issue. We finally took it to a Ford dealer and were pleased to learn that there is a brand new warranty extension program that covers this repair. We were told it would have been a $700 repair. Hope this helps someone!

Dangerous Vehicle – do not purchase.
By hmacks on 01/12/14 18:10 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I own three vehicles with over 200K miles my 2010 Fusion has 88K miles and I do not trust it. The first dangerous failure was the throttle body. It failed at 50k miles when I was on a busy four lane freeway - the car lost all power. It could have killed my family but thankfully we coasted off the freeway and found a safe spot to land. Ford knew they had a defective part and refused to recall it. Almost immediately after the throttle body failure the transmission failed. I found out that all the 6F35 transmissions in these vehicles are ALL DOOMED to fail and again Ford is not recalling them. The transmission shop said $2000 and the repair may last 60K miles - stay away!

OK car......BEWARE OF THROTTLE BODY
By jdcort95 on 12/04/13 21:32 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Don't get me wrong, I like my fusion. Especially as far as the sporty yet conservative look to it. The ride is very smooth and quiet, much more like a luxurious ride than expected!!! Unfortunatley, as MANY have previously mentioned, THE THROTTLE BODY!!! Apparently this year and model have a HUGE problem with this. And it's about $415 to fix..not cheap. And as others have stated its very scary when it goes off and EXTREMELY dangerous...but for some reason ford doesn't want to recall it?!?! The throttle body is the only major repair I've had to do on it so far. The check engine light comes on a lot and the transmission seems very unpredictable.

155,000 and still going strong
By mike_in_parma on 10/18/13 04:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new and was impressed with build quality from the start. It's just an SE with sunroof and spoiler as options. On my third set of tires and just replaced the serpentine belt. My driving is 75% highway. Change oil myself and that's about all the maintenance it has required, until recently just replaced the fuel injector throttle body at a Ford dealership. The ride is a little choppy but overall very easy to drive and park. I hope to get another 100K out her!

throttle body failure
By stilbreathing on 10/11/13 11:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had been mostly satisfied with my 2010 Fusion until the throttle body failed at 68,466 miles. I was driving on an interstate highway without shoulders, passing a truck, when I lost complete power. I lost speed and coasted to a stop where an on-ramp merged onto the highway. I feared for my life. Cars passing at highway speeds. No warning. AAA saved me along with city police who warned on-coming traffic. This could have been deadly. It cost $433 to fix.

My Fusion
By talms63 on 09/22/13 10:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine brand new in August 09 and I know have 76,000 miles on it. First the bad. The throttle body kicked the bucket after 60,000 miles, the driver side door handle broke last summer, the check engine light always seems to come on even though nothing seems to be wrong, and there seems to be a vapor lock when I fill it with gas and it will struggle to start and then it's fine. Now for the good. I've used the car more like a truck and it's done great. I've driven up and down the east coast in it filled with camping stuff and two bikes on the back and it's been great. I've driven it thru creeks, forests, on the beach, and in heavy snow and it's a beast.

Throttle Body
By okiedolphin on 09/09/13 09:09 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

so after owning my 2010 fusion for 3 years the throttle body goes out. I call ford and they dont seem to care. I had my 15 month old in the back seat during rush hour traffic (going uphill) and it goes from 60 to nothing without a warning. luckily I had a slow driver behind me. So as of 9/7/13 I am no longer a ford owner and never will be again. I have owned 3 different fords in 12 years and this one was the worst. Could have hurt or killed my son badly..

Throttle Body issues
By lcorder on 09/04/13 18:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This has been a good car for us, weve had it for about 3 years now. Some issues that we have been having is with the throttle body. Going 70 miles an hour and the gas pedal stops working is a bit scary. Driving down the road and it cuts off at any point with no warning due to the throttle body is even more scary. Ford charges $400.00 for the part to fix even though its a safety issue and several have been having the same issue. Also minor things like chrome pealing off the interior door handles, parking break button. Paint wearing off interior pieces. Note: That my car gets detailed about once every two weeks so its not from a lack of care just bad quality.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion Sedan in NJ is:

$249 per month*