Used 2010 Ford Fusion SPORT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

2010 Fusion Sport
By Maurice Lemmond

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I really enjoy my Fusion. It has great power, fun to drive and very comfortable. The 3.5 liter engine has all the power anyone would ever need and gets respectable fuel mileage. I get about 16-18 in town and mid to high twenties on the highway.

Power, comfortable seats, quite and smooth ride. Mine is red and it really looks good inside and out.

None

'limp' mode
By fisheye3

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I did not learn that the engine powering this car is well-documernted for going into limp mode. This means you suddenly have no throttle response, just steering and brakes to get you to the side of the road. Ford dealer replaced the throttle body-3 days later, same problem. The service advisor informed that that nothing more would be done, since they couldn't 'replicate' the condition, despite having found codes (they didn't say what codes). Bottim line-I have to pay off this car and buy another. Hopefully, I won't get screwed again.

Lively performance for what it is-until 'limp' mode strikes.

Don't buy a Ford.

My Fusion
By talms63

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine brand new in August 09 and I know have 76,000 miles on it. First the bad. The throttle body kicked the bucket after 60,000 miles, the driver side door handle broke last summer, the check engine light always seems to come on even though nothing seems to be wrong, and there seems to be a vapor lock when I fill it with gas and it will struggle to start and then it's fine. Now for the good. I've used the car more like a truck and it's done great. I've driven up and down the east coast in it filled with camping stuff and two bikes on the back and it's been great. I've driven it thru creeks, forests, on the beach, and in heavy snow and it's a beast.

Treated more like a truck then a car. I've driven it up and down the east coast loaded with camping stuff and bikes on the back and it's been fine. I've driven it thru creeks, state forests, and on the beach. The traction control and slap shift is a beast in the snow and it's done better then suv's and trucks. The V6 also has a lot of power to it and has a lot of get up. Despite all it's defects its held up strong through all the abuse I put it through.

2010 Ford Fusion 6 cyl Sport
By dideerooster

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my fusion 2 1/2 yrs ago with 3000 miles on it. At 18000 miles had to replace the brakes all around. Now at 25000 miles it's in the shop for the transmission. While on a trip, the tach would rev back and forth while loosing power when "trying" to shift into high gear. When it finally did shift, it shifted hard. Did this 7 times before we got it home. Took it right to garage and it sat there exactly 7 days before they even pulled it inside. Now they have it torn apart trying to find the problem.. Really shocked at the problems. My husband has had 3 as company cars and never had an ounce of trouble with them.

It's looks

More room on the drivers side.

Performance and Tire Wear
By rjpii

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I am shopping ahead of time for new tires for my 2010 Ford Fusion Sport. In doing so I ran across this site and other with a variety of comments and ratings. I bought my car in Jan of 2010 and have 45,500 miles on it. My tires are good for another 5000 - 7500 miles. And they have at times been put to the test. Rotated every 7000 miles along with oil service. This car kills every other 3.5 I have run against. The average mileage up and down my 27 mile communte is between 24 and 26 MPG. I am surprised that it has been 100% reliable with no additional service needs. I have owned 3 BMW's and this car is more fun to drive. Not as "secure" in high speed turns but good enough. Love it.

Great appearance (RED) Surprizing performance for the money Top end speed well in excess of 110 Decent handling Interior is a C+ Tier wear has been a surprise ....over 45K and still not close to the replace indicator