2010 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Strange Transmission
By lovenohate on 06/15/14 15:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I just read a review about the way the transmission shifts on that 6 speed auto. It revs hard between shifts as if I was shifting manually and downshifts hard when the car decelerates - not smooth at all! I thought there was something wrong with the transmission so I took it to the dealer. They told me they reprogrammed the transmission computer, but it still shifts the same. It has also slipped into manual shift unexpectedly. I think this is really odd. I am worried about having trouble with this transmission in the future. Someone mentioned not being able to see out of the rear deck. True!! I have replaced a turn signal light is all and have 83K on it now. I bought it with 71K for $11K.

Love to hate my car- filing a claim with BBB
By cduggan on 05/12/14 08:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

So as most of you have posted you love/hate your car as well. I love the luxury of this car in looks as the sportiness comes to mind as well. However, I have had my car less than a year! I bought it with a little less than 66,000 miles on it. Now after reading reviews, I'm not the only one having issues with this throttle problem. My car too died on the freeway while going 72 miles! After reading the reviews I'm happy I have the extended warranty, but they still want to charge me the deductible. I've gone to the BBB dept for help. I do not feel anyone should have to pay for a known issue.

brake problem
By sherbourne18 on 04/20/14 14:24 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2010 Fusion Sept.2012. Loved it. May 2013 stepped on brake and car failed to stop. Hit my Doctor's building. Car not damaged but extensive damage to building. Towed to Ford Dealership where purchased,after checking it they said no problem with car that I probably stepped on gas instead of brake. March 2014 same problem, almost sideswiped another car. This time I slammed on the brakes and luckily it stopped. Took it to my Mechanic (not to Ford)The same thing happened at the garage. Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I feel very fortunate that no one has been injured or killed including me. Now I won't feel safe in it.

Really can't complain...
By ffusion2010 on 04/14/14 17:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drove my brand new 2010 fusion right off the dealership lot and today....4yrs and 118K miles later really and truly cannot complain about it - from the perspective of what I paid and what I got. I have had some of the issues other mentioned: ie throttle body (still waiting on reimbursement from Ford) and now the transmission is starting to slip a little. I've been lucky with the dealership (afterall I am back there almost every 3 months to get the "works" service done) - thankfully haven't had to do more than the regular service.

Throttle body warranty extension program
By mwp4 on 01/27/14 15:14 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

We had a 2010 Fusion (37K miles) serviced for this throttle bottle issue last week. Our mechanic friend, who works for a Lexus dealer, was not able to diagnose or replicate the issue. We finally took it to a Ford dealer and were pleased to learn that there is a brand new warranty extension program that covers this repair. We were told it would have been a $700 repair. Hope this helps someone!

Dangerous Vehicle – do not purchase.
By hmacks on 01/12/14 18:10 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I own three vehicles with over 200K miles my 2010 Fusion has 88K miles and I do not trust it. The first dangerous failure was the throttle body. It failed at 50k miles when I was on a busy four lane freeway - the car lost all power. It could have killed my family but thankfully we coasted off the freeway and found a safe spot to land. Ford knew they had a defective part and refused to recall it. Almost immediately after the throttle body failure the transmission failed. I found out that all the 6F35 transmissions in these vehicles are ALL DOOMED to fail and again Ford is not recalling them. The transmission shop said $2000 and the repair may last 60K miles - stay away!

OK car......BEWARE OF THROTTLE BODY
By jdcort95 on 12/04/13 21:32 PM (PST)

2010 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Don't get me wrong, I like my fusion. Especially as far as the sporty yet conservative look to it. The ride is very smooth and quiet, much more like a luxurious ride than expected!!! Unfortunatley, as MANY have previously mentioned, THE THROTTLE BODY!!! Apparently this year and model have a HUGE problem with this. And it's about $415 to fix..not cheap. And as others have stated its very scary when it goes off and EXTREMELY dangerous...but for some reason ford doesn't want to recall it?!?! The throttle body is the only major repair I've had to do on it so far. The check engine light comes on a lot and the transmission seems very unpredictable.

155,000 and still going strong
By mike_in_parma on 10/18/13 04:57 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought mine new and was impressed with build quality from the start. It's just an SE with sunroof and spoiler as options. On my third set of tires and just replaced the serpentine belt. My driving is 75% highway. Change oil myself and that's about all the maintenance it has required, until recently just replaced the fuel injector throttle body at a Ford dealership. The ride is a little choppy but overall very easy to drive and park. I hope to get another 100K out her!

throttle body failure
By stilbreathing on 10/11/13 11:21 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had been mostly satisfied with my 2010 Fusion until the throttle body failed at 68,466 miles. I was driving on an interstate highway without shoulders, passing a truck, when I lost complete power. I lost speed and coasted to a stop where an on-ramp merged onto the highway. I feared for my life. Cars passing at highway speeds. No warning. AAA saved me along with city police who warned on-coming traffic. This could have been deadly. It cost $433 to fix.

My Fusion
By talms63 on 09/22/13 10:29 AM (PDT)

2010 Ford Fusion SPORT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought mine brand new in August 09 and I know have 76,000 miles on it. First the bad. The throttle body kicked the bucket after 60,000 miles, the driver side door handle broke last summer, the check engine light always seems to come on even though nothing seems to be wrong, and there seems to be a vapor lock when I fill it with gas and it will struggle to start and then it's fine. Now for the good. I've used the car more like a truck and it's done great. I've driven up and down the east coast in it filled with camping stuff and two bikes on the back and it's been great. I've driven it thru creeks, forests, on the beach, and in heavy snow and it's a beast.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$146 per month*