Yes, Virginia, Camry has a competitor!
By 01Stang on
2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I bought this car to replace my venerable 2001 Mustang, which I loved dearly for 120,000 miles. The Fusion will not turn heads like the ol' Pony, but it will give you a quiet, comfortable, and reasonably sporty ride, plenty of toys, and good passing power with the V6. It also comes with a heaping portion of practicality. The trunk is vast, rear seating is comfortable, and I have been able to squeeze 31 MPG out of the V6 in pure highway driving. This is a great car for long road trips. If you're looking at mid-size sedans, don't forget to try a Fusion. You're in for a pleasant surprise.
Favorite Features
Comfortable and well styled SEL interior. Audiophile stereo (which I believe is made by Pioneer) sounds far better than Chevy's upgrade or Toyota. Full iPod integration via USB is almost perfect. Navigation is a pricey option, but it really completes the car and it's not available in the Malibu.
Suggested Improvements
Stereo lacks a way to "Play Genre ____" from the touch screen. You can only do that via voice activation. A little less chrome up front would be nice (already done for 2010), and build this car in the United States instead of Mexico. We need good jobs, too!