2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Fusion: Really Excellent Sedan

2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Fusion: Really Excellent Sedan
By sunjet44 on

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new 2009 SE 2.3L 4cyl 5speed auto in Jan09. Curently at 10,000 miles. This vehicle has had zero defects, and has performed exceptionally well. The fuel economy is remarkable for a vehicle this size. My poorest tank was 28mpg, and on long trips around 31-33 mpg. I have had numerous VW's , Saabs, and an Audi.This car does not have the cachet of those brands, but really does come very close in overall ownership experience. It is so much more reliable than those other vehicles, without all the added expenses. I am not normally a sedan driver, but this is a really good one. I'm 58,and 6ft tall, and find it comfortable for 8-10 hours all day trips.

The incredible value of this vehicle, compared to the other mid priced, and higher end brands. Good handling for the Northern california back roads.

The auto dimming rearview mirror is weak. But, friends with other brands tell me the same thing. And yes, headrests are a bit confining.