Extended Review for 2009 Ford Fusion SE
By Novice Editor on
2009 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I was resistant to get into this car because I thought it was low end vehicle but I was pleasantly surpised by its handling and styling. The car gives cues of a Lexus sedan, especially the front. Mine is equipped with Sport wheels and low profile tires and makes a tremendous difference in handling. 5 speed trans is good once it gets going in the higher ranges. Gas economy is great on pure highway; I got up to 42 miles p/gallon and it's not a hybrid. My usual commute is 60% highway and 40% local,traveling 100 miles roundtrip. I'm averaging 27-29 miles per gallon. Not bad. Trip commuter works well and the SYNC system is a real tribute. I don't like the cartridge filter design; too messy.
Favorite Features
SNYC, radio controls on the wheel, gas mileage on pure highway travel is great. Good bang for the money but it needs to hold its value better! This kept Ford from buying into the Government's assistance program; more competitive against the imports.
Suggested Improvements
No vanity or reading lights for the back seat area; gets pretty dark. Needs a clock in the center console inside of advertsing Fusion. A little quicker off the line would be a better mix. Lumbar area doesn't seem comfortable no matter how I adjust the seat. Toss that spring loaded paper oil filter!