2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: After 6000 miles

2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

After 6000 miles
By Marlin on

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Was looking for gas mileage (priority) in a sporty fun car. Considered the Honda Fit, Civic, Toyota Corolla all with the sport package option. When I looked at the Focus it didn't fit me well. The salesman directed me to the midsized Fusion, I knew it was my car! The only hesitation was the advertised MPG. I drive rural, highway and city about 60 miles a day. Now after 6000 miles I get about 27.5 MPG combined driving. Highway alone about 31.5 MPG. I am very happy with the Fusion. It looks good and it is fun to drive.

The red stitching on the steering wheel and seats got me! Tuxedo black really shines. 4 wheel disc brakes, moon roof and great stereo, Sync is cool. Sport package (wheels and rear deck lip) Handles great with the "sport tuned suspension". Auto dim rear view mirror.

The high headrest makes it difficult to see out the passenger side at times. For the DIY the oil filter is a cartridge type not a spin on so it is a little more messy to change.