2009 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
I've only had this car for 1 week!
By Sarah on 01/31/09 07:27 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

When you sit in the car it snuggles you in and prepares you for a smooth ride. Acceleration is quick and smooth. The hum of the engine sounds similar to the Mustang. I really like this car. I've owned a 2000 Camry, 2004 Dodge Stratus & 2004 Nissan Sentra--none comes close to the sleek and smoothness of the Ford Fusion. I look forward to buying a new one when this one is paid for! The Ford incentives are great right now. Don't let this car slip by you!

First car in 20 years
By brb923 on 01/27/09 14:19 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After 20 years of regular cab 2wd trucks, I could finally buy myself a car. Ink Blue Fusion with the Blue Suede package,4 cyl, 5 speed and Sync. At 1500 miles it's fun to drive, laid out well, gets 29 mpg on the hiway and is just plain comfortable to be in. Everything feels tight. It handles well and the suspension is firm enough without being rough. Drove 780 miles in a single day and never hurt anywhere or really had to stop other than for the normal reasons

Great
By saber1251 on 01/25/09 03:39 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2006 Honda Accord EX on a 2009 Ford Fusion SE with Sport Package. The Fusion handles better than the Accord, has just as much power, and the build quality is just as good if not better than the Accord. In addition, the car is fun to drive. For the price you cannot beat the Fusion.

Best Car I Ever Had
By KD on 01/21/09 21:39 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I drove several brands and decided to try a Ford last of all as I wasn't really convinced I would want one. The dealer cash incentives were too big to ignore however, and once I drove the car, I fell in love with it. The SYNC is just amazing and I love the traction control and 4 wheel disk brakes. The acceleration is smooth and the braking firm. The Fusion has the best handling I have ever driven in a sedan and it looks really sharp in the driveway. 5* crash ratings and a 10.0 from JD Power for reliability sealed the deal. No other brand has anywhere near the 'bang for the buck' that Ford does currently. As good as an import, has SYNC and costs thousands less.

Ford is back
By brett65 on 01/20/09 19:50 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have stayed away from Ford for a few years and have been driving a Mazda 3. Decided to go up a size and looked at the Mazda 6 first. However, I could not beat the price on the Fusion with all of the features. It was no contest. Once I test drove Fusion it sealed the deal. Definitely the best car I have driven in a long time. Hopefully others take note and give Fusion a chance before sticking with Honda or Toyota.

Certified Pre-Owned
By jandpwags on 01/17/09 10:10 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my wife an 09 V6 SEL. I bought it with 7,000 miles and it is CPO. I got the car cheaper than a new one with all the rebates and employee pricing, but more importantly, it is under warranty for 6/100 K. Because the vehicle has only been in use for 6 months and 7000 miles, that leaves us with 66 months and 93k miles on the warranty. The car is fun, looks great, and my wife really loves it. She had an 06 EB Expedition and did not think she would like the car, but her mind has changed very quickly.

Great car
By guy salt on 01/11/09 19:42 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in a Lincoln LS for a smaller car. This unit was a surprise. More rear leg room,about same size trunk, only deeper. I'm 6' and no problem at all. Ordered without sun roof and with the heated seats. The heating and air are simply fantastic. Quiet, comfy, great on gas, roomy and great on both highway and city driving. Would not hesitate to recommend

Love My 09 SE V6
By virioncr on 01/10/09 22:05 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a blue ink 09 v6 se in late Dec 08 with sync and I love the car, and sync. I have about 500 miles on the car and have no complaints at all. The car handles very well after two fill ups i am avg about 20 mpg in combined driving. If you are on the fence about getting SYNC get it. SYNC is amazing and hands free driving is nice as well as being able to use your ipod with the SYNC feature. Take a look at this car if in the market for a similar car.

Great Power
By Fla3573 on 01/10/09 04:59 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My 2009 Fusion SE V-6 with Sport Package has great power and I really like the sport suspension. That option is well worth 800 dollars for what Ford gives. Great car for the money.

2009 Ford Fusion is a Good Value!
By Ron from Honolulu on 01/08/09 00:11 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2009 Ford Fusion after testing the 2009 Camry, 2009 Altima, 2009 Sonata and 2009 Accord. The Fusion was more comfortable for me, rode smoother and handled the road better. I got the 4 cyl SE, automatic, with leather trim interior, sun roof and SYNC, spoiler and rear sensor. The Fusion performs above average and looks pretty good. I've enjoyed owing the car so far and have actually gotten several compliments on its appearance. Overall, very good job, Ford!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$129 per month*