Used 2009 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

A complete pleasure to own and drive
By Dennis

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Since 1999 My wife and I have owned 3 Honda Accords, 1 Toyota Camry and I can confidently say the Fusion is the most comfortable, best handling and performing of them all. I would not think twice to make this purchase again. Our other car is due for replacement next year and we will be closely looking at another Fusion as well as the new Taurus.

Interior layout and SYNC system. Smooth shifting transmission and very quiet interior. Extremely comfortable ride, especially compared to our former 2007 Camry which I felt was harsh.

I could do without the clear tail light lenses on our '09. But I see this was addressed in the 2010 model. Other than that cosmetic change all else is very well thought out.

My First Ford...Again!
By ScottH

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The quality of my 2009 Fusion has been extremely good so far. The ride is very nice and the performance is great. Fuel economy on my I4-SE has been slightly above what the sticker stated and I do not drive like my grandfather....although I use the cruise consistently. The more I drive this car, the more I like it. I know that sounds corny, but I drive a miriad of vehicles and the Fusion is my favorite. We looked at several other makes and actually decided on the Fusion because of price. After getting the car, driving it and feeling the quality of the ride, I am totally happy with the car. I think Ford hit a home run with the Fusion.

I really like the phone sync system and I love the Moon Roof. I have it tilted up all the time...hot or cold.

Only thing I wish my Fusion had was day time running lights....I have the I4-SE, so I turn my lights on manually for safety...I can live with that! I manually straightened the head rests when I got the car...did not like the angle. I presume the angle was for improved safety. OK, don't turn me in!!

Great Car Ford is back
By Bob

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my new Fusion in January after driving the Focus and I4 Fusion. I miss my Ranger but I love this car. I fell in love with the handling, interior design, great looks during the test drive.It has many nice features, including the heated seats ,that my wife loves, and the dashboard storage and sunglass compartments. I drive 75 miles round trip to work and I am averaging 27 MGH week in and week out. I love the way it handles. It hugs the road. The V6/six speed is very responsive and smooth shifting. For those of you who are considering a mid-size foreign car I highly recommend you test drive the Fusion before you decide. You won't be disappointed

Looks, Ride, Handling, Responsiveness

None

2009 V6 SE
By Snoman

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought as a daily driver to work and back. After 4000 miles it has become a great car to own. This car replaced my 1998 Taurus. With a V6 I average 29-30 miles to the gallon, if using 10% ethanol blended gas then 26-27. 0% for 72 and invoice pricing made it a great deal.

Price, comfort, and ride quality.

Headrest stink!!! Sync has some shortcomings also.

GREAT BUY!!!!!
By JM

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a 2000 Cadillac Eldorado in the past and MY 2009 Ford Fusion is a more smooth and fun to drive car! I recommend a Ford Fusion to any and everyone!!!!

sync, moonroof, cargo space, comfort and handleing.......etc I LOVE this car!!

none that I can think of!