2009 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Bought an American Car!
By Mike Klaber on 03/18/09 17:31 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After 32 years I thought it was time to try another American car. I've been driving Toyota, Honda, and Lexus all these years. Since Ford's quality has improved significantly over the past few years, I thought I would take a serious look and drive one. Well, I was impressed and bought the SEL pretty well loaded including 18 inch wheels. The V6 and 6-speed auto are very smooth and I'm averaging 22 MPG after six weeks of driving half city, half freeway. The sport tuned suspension makes handling very acceptable and the car has a very solid feel. In summary, this is a very nice car and a great value. It also feels good to drive a car made by an American company.

Update - Cheaper than 1995
By back to cars on 03/18/09 06:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Originally reviewed after one month. So thought I might give a 6 month update to let people know what I thought after the "newness" has wore off. Currently have 8000 miles and have not had to take the vehicle in for warranty work, but I do have a few rattles and one clunk that will probably be warranty repairs at some point. My "clunk/rattle" sound is the most annoying at this point and only happens when going over somewhat larger bumps/humps in the road and seems to originate from the passenger front when I do hear it(my wife calls me a freak for rattles). Other than that the vehicle is still fun to drive and I'm getting 27mpg with 50/50 highway/city driving. I still get excited to drive it

Great Buy!
By Jay on 03/15/09 08:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car has put the word fun back into driving especially for a family mid-size sedan. I love the way it handles. It has great pick and go. I normally lease cars and have leased 8 different cars (both domestic and foreign) over the last 12 years and this is by far the best vehicle I have driven in the mid-size category. Ford has made a great mid-size car and it's about time. I purchased this vehicle and plan on keeping it.

Ya Baby
By MGSoldy on 03/08/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We've owned the car since November and continue to be impressed with it more as time goes on. Fun to drive, plenty of power, front seats are excellent, built tight, looks great, lots of extras, terrific value for the money. At 50 years old, I've owned well over a dozen vehicles in my life and this Fusion is my favorite by far. It's a welcome suprise after all these years.

Yes, Virginia, Camry has a competitor!
By 01Stang on 03/02/09 14:13 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car to replace my venerable 2001 Mustang, which I loved dearly for 120,000 miles. The Fusion will not turn heads like the ol' Pony, but it will give you a quiet, comfortable, and reasonably sporty ride, plenty of toys, and good passing power with the V6. It also comes with a heaping portion of practicality. The trunk is vast, rear seating is comfortable, and I have been able to squeeze 31 MPG out of the V6 in pure highway driving. This is a great car for long road trips. If you're looking at mid-size sedans, don't forget to try a Fusion. You're in for a pleasant surprise.

Could have been a great car
By Tom on 02/22/09 02:26 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Mine is actually the SE model not the SEL, I liked the looks and handling of the Fusion, although it's a little rough on a bad road, also the price was right, it's such a shame that Ford has kept this underpowered engine for so long, it is so slow at take off and merging, I should have gotten the V6, otherwise a nice car and a good value.

I love this car
By 2666loco on 02/20/09 11:33 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

It is fun to drive, feels solid, and I would recommend it and would buy another. I'm getting 21-22mpg in town and 29 highway but haven't put a lot of miles on it. 4 cylinder engine has plenty of power for me, 16 valves move! Lots of standard features that used to cost extra. Standard CD is great system. It did well on ice with FWD. It corners very well at 60mph. I disagree with most nit picks by other reviewers. Prices good now with 2010's out soon. My only option is automatic transmission. Controls good, well placed and easy to use.

After 6000 miles
By Marlin on 02/15/09 21:56 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Was looking for gas mileage (priority) in a sporty fun car. Considered the Honda Fit, Civic, Toyota Corolla all with the sport package option. When I looked at the Focus it didn't fit me well. The salesman directed me to the midsized Fusion, I knew it was my car! The only hesitation was the advertised MPG. I drive rural, highway and city about 60 miles a day. Now after 6000 miles I get about 27.5 MPG combined driving. Highway alone about 31.5 MPG. I am very happy with the Fusion. It looks good and it is fun to drive.

I love this car!
By Tara on 02/14/09 19:55 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I am in love with this car. My Fusion is Tuxedo Black. It looks amazing. It rides beautifully. Sync is just incredible. Your IPod plugs right in for Sync. You don't even need the six CD changer. It handles well. I feel so safe in this car. I have test driven the Camry and the Accord and this car just blows them out of the water. I have never felt this way about any car I have owned in the past.

Thanks Ford
By Mark w. Todd on 02/01/09 05:10 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Looked at several cars. The Fusions sporty looks, ride, and handling stole my heart.Wife came out of a Impala and is very impressed. MPG and ride very competitive. I drag race a 6 second car and think it has great power considering, I'm not putting it on the dragstrip. Plenty passing power. Lot of car for the money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Fusion Sedan in NJ is:

$222 per month*