Used 2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

She took one for the family
By Stephen Krautheim

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2009 SEL I4 in April to replace our minivan. My wife loves the size, maneuverability, and fuel economy. I rated the performance lower, but we did pick the I4 for fuel economy. Loads of room in the back for two growing 'tweens with plenty of leg room for me in the front. Anyway, Frannie (our name for our Fusion) took a direct hit centered on the driver and rear door. The airbags deployed, the B-pillar was crushed, the C-pillar and roof line were creased, and the doors look like used aluminum foil. However, my wife walked away with only some bruises from the seat belt, which she felt clamp down. We are currently shopping for a 2010 Fusion or its sibling, the Mercury Milan.

Well built safety cage SYNC

A more refined I4 engine with a little more pep and fuel economy. The 2010 model looks like a good start.

Fusion frenzy
By hammer

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Had my SEL for 3 weeks now. Its a a great car. I have the Blue Suede and moon and tune pkgs. The blue suede seats really dress up the interior of the car. The 18 inch aluminum rims gives the car a sporty exterior appearance too. Overall a solid car

Sync, Blue Suede Pkg, Ambient lighting, 18 inch Rims

Better fuel economy, also why would you paint aluminum rims

My second Fusion
By DanielTink

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a Fusion since they came out in 2006 and one of the bestest cars I have ever had!SYNC is great

SYNC is great!

Maybe a cheaper GPS system standard!

A complete pleasure to own and drive
By Dennis

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Since 1999 My wife and I have owned 3 Honda Accords, 1 Toyota Camry and I can confidently say the Fusion is the most comfortable, best handling and performing of them all. I would not think twice to make this purchase again. Our other car is due for replacement next year and we will be closely looking at another Fusion as well as the new Taurus.

Interior layout and SYNC system. Smooth shifting transmission and very quiet interior. Extremely comfortable ride, especially compared to our former 2007 Camry which I felt was harsh.

I could do without the clear tail light lenses on our '09. But I see this was addressed in the 2010 model. Other than that cosmetic change all else is very well thought out.

My First Ford...Again!
By ScottH

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The quality of my 2009 Fusion has been extremely good so far. The ride is very nice and the performance is great. Fuel economy on my I4-SE has been slightly above what the sticker stated and I do not drive like my grandfather....although I use the cruise consistently. The more I drive this car, the more I like it. I know that sounds corny, but I drive a miriad of vehicles and the Fusion is my favorite. We looked at several other makes and actually decided on the Fusion because of price. After getting the car, driving it and feeling the quality of the ride, I am totally happy with the car. I think Ford hit a home run with the Fusion.

I really like the phone sync system and I love the Moon Roof. I have it tilted up all the time...hot or cold.

Only thing I wish my Fusion had was day time running lights....I have the I4-SE, so I turn my lights on manually for safety...I can live with that! I manually straightened the head rests when I got the car...did not like the angle. I presume the angle was for improved safety. OK, don't turn me in!!