Used 2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

dont buy a fusion
By mathewh87

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have recently purchased this vehicle with 18000 miles and have had more problems with it than my other vehicles.

Seats sync

NEEDS SEVERE IMPROVEMENTS UNDER THE HOOD

Satisfied Customer
By Hoss Senior

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Select the SEL I4 model to have the convenence of automatic temperature control,great sound system with Serius radio, MP3 input, extra interior creature comforts, automatic head lights, ambient interior LED lighting as well as a great ride and 30+ mpg on the highway. I also had the benefit of Ford's Z-purchase program and $3500 incentive rebate. Waiting for the more powerful 2010 I4 that's rated better for mileage would have cost at least $3500 more while the 2010 Hybrid would have costed $8000 more with the issue of replacing the storage battery since I keep my Ford's along time. 1991 Aerostar XLT van 235000 miles, 1998 Taurus 190000 miles.

Climate control & automatic headlights, exterior lights under mirrors, amibient interior lights and good ride.

Under back of front seats repositioning hardware face rear passenger has very share edges; bare feet of rear passengers could get cut.

Fusion: I love it!
By nygiants44

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car rocks!Ford has a real winner on its hands. Love the performance,a really nice,comfotrable and reliable ride.

Power,Looks,Realibilty

None right now...

Extended Review for 2009 Ford Fusion SE
By Novice Editor

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was resistant to get into this car because I thought it was low end vehicle but I was pleasantly surpised by its handling and styling. The car gives cues of a Lexus sedan, especially the front. Mine is equipped with Sport wheels and low profile tires and makes a tremendous difference in handling. 5 speed trans is good once it gets going in the higher ranges. Gas economy is great on pure highway; I got up to 42 miles p/gallon and it's not a hybrid. My usual commute is 60% highway and 40% local,traveling 100 miles roundtrip. I'm averaging 27-29 miles per gallon. Not bad. Trip commuter works well and the SYNC system is a real tribute. I don't like the cartridge filter design; too messy.

SNYC, radio controls on the wheel, gas mileage on pure highway travel is great. Good bang for the money but it needs to hold its value better! This kept Ford from buying into the Government's assistance program; more competitive against the imports.

No vanity or reading lights for the back seat area; gets pretty dark. Needs a clock in the center console inside of advertsing Fusion. A little quicker off the line would be a better mix. Lumbar area doesn't seem comfortable no matter how I adjust the seat. Toss that spring loaded paper oil filter!

Excellent Vehicle!
By Don Schwinn

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Gave up on Audis and decided to help out Detroit. My V6 SEL AWD Fusion has 5000 miles now and I'm totally satisfied. The Microsoft Sync system is terrific. The car handles as well as my former Audi and with all the bells and whistles was 1/2 the price of a new Audi. Sure I had to give up memory seats and mirrors, auto up-down of all windows, poewer passenger seat, homelink and cachet but I still got awd, nav, heated seats, Michelin tires, alloy wheels, reverse sensing, leather, metallic paint, fold down rear seats and premium sound. If you're looking for an American brand mid-size, this one is a winner.

Microsoft Sync connects to the iPod part of my iPhone as well as streaming music and radio stations. It's the most user friendly product Microsoft has ever done. Beats my wife's new Toyota system hands down. Handling is excellent. Plenty of power to jump out into heavy traffic. Good looking, too.

Engine hood is heavy to lift without a gas strut assist. Auto up-down on all windows would be nice. A switch at the trunk to open it would be handy.

• SUV