2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews 5

2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Great deal for the money
By triple john on 06/16/09 21:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased a 09 4 cyl Fusion for 18K...I know the 4 cyl is not the fastest, but not bad for a four...especially with the 5 speed automatic. I just drove drove 500 miles home and averaged 32 mpg @ 70 mph, This engine not even broken in yet, so mileage should improve a bit. The car is very quite on the highway and quite comfortable. My last car was a Cadillac, so I appreciate quality. This car was loaded with the sun & sync package, black leaather interior with blue suede inserts, ambient lighting, travel computer with compass sport package with 18" rims, cruise, 8 speaker premium sound system with 6 cd changer, satelite radio with steering wheel controls, power seats, rear spoiler.

Your money goes a long way
By DJ2BIG on 06/16/09 03:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My mom says it feels like a magic carpet, she is 71. My dad says the fusion is the best car Ford has ever made, he is 73. This is my second Ford an upgrade from my 2007 Focus. All I can say is the Ford Fusion should be renamed Ford Sweetness! I test drove so many cars, but the formula that Ford used to blend horsepower, comfort, style, entertainment and yes I need to say it, grace have me in ecstasy just enjoying every mile, every street, every highway and the endless road.

Nice ride
By Black sheep on 05/31/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After 1,350 miles no problems. 27.5 mpg overall 40/60 city/highway. Car handles great, traded a 2003 corolla. Fit and finnish is ok but not as good as the toyota. This is better than the last ford I had 1996 Taurus. Handles and drove much better than the Camery I test drove. Sound system is great, price was even better under $17,000 with automatic, sun and sync package.

very satisfied
By john on 05/29/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

When I saw that Consumer Reports recommended the 2009 Ford Focus and Fusion I decided to check them out. Previous cars I have owned have been Subarus and Hondas. I ended up helping my daughter purchase a new Ford Focus and I ended up getting the 09 Fusion. I have been VERY satisfied so far. Great ride and my wife and I love the room in the interior, the great sound system and the SYNC system. What really clinched the deal, however, was the $3500 incentive on top of a great deal that was just $400 above the invoice price. I ended up purchasing a new ford that had a MSRP of around $23,00 for $18,000. Good Job Ford!!

2009 SEL V-6
By Bob on 05/27/09 14:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was advised to buy the V-6 vs the V-4 for more power. This vehicle gets up to speed very quickly. Steering and handling is very good. Other reviews disliked the turn indicator position (high on column) and height of seat head rests. I do not find this a negative. A great car and my wife loves it.

Good Buy
By SK on 05/26/09 15:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I switched to Ford since they didn't take bailout money and I am happy so far. The engine is noisy when accelerating but smooth on the highway. It seems like 1st gear is too low since it shifts to 2nd at about 10 MPH in normal driving. Gas mileage has averaged 22.5 in mixed driving. My kids like the ambient interior lighting, moonroof, and sirius radio. The maintenance manual shows oil changes every 7,500 miles which is more convenient than 3,000. This is one of the best rated american cars for reliability so I am looking forward to years of hassle free driving

Drive one
By 4Fordgarage on 05/23/09 06:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We traded our 2006 Ford 500 for the Fusion and it was a great switch.Just turned 1000 on the odometer on have enjoyed the car tremendously. We went with v-6 after trying the 4, just to noisy.The ride quality is better than the 500.The only negative so far its been pulling to the right when braking will contact dealer for fix.Other than that I would say give it a try.

Love my baby
By Jack D on 05/22/09 22:44 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought the Fusion 09 and LOVE IT! Compared it to Lex 250, Toyota Solora, Audi A4, Volvo s30....LOVE IT! Absolutely saw it and was speechless....

Unimpressive but not disappointing
By guncarr on 05/12/09 12:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall, the car is a good choice, however. I would put it in the top 10 in mid-size sedans, but it would be hard to squeeze it into the top 5. Consider the Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, Chevrolet Malibu, Hyundai Sonata, or KIA Optima as better alternatives. The ride is smooth and fairly quiet. The engine is powerful enough, and the transmission shifts, precisely. Some of the controls are a little oddly placed, and not so easy to use on the steering wheel. I much prefer controls that feel natural to use. Gas mileage is good for a six cylinder in this category. I averaged 24 mpg, combined. Fordís SYNC system is nice, but not the most user-friendly equipment.

2009 Ford Fusion V6-6speed auto
By pkracing on 05/01/09 15:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Awesome car, very well built, fun to drive, when you lay on the gas this little v-6 roars and keeps on pulling all the way up to the redline(6500 and sometimes 7000 yikes)hope it has good strong rods in it lol.