Used 2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2009 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Most Helpful|
HAPPY FORD OWNER
By CALLEN

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Fusion exactly one year. I love the car and have not found one thing that I don't like about it. I t has the available Sport package, with 18" wheels and a unique spoiler which really adds class to it. Makes it look somewhat like a Lincoln. Has only been to the shop for oil changes.Am very happy that i purchased the car.

Favorite Features

the sync system. Steering wheel controls for audio and sync moonroof great looks

Suggested Improvements

none at this time

Great car!
By tony

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

i have a v6 sel with sport package and leather, w/moon and tune. an all around winner. even though i had some issues in the beginning, they were all taken care of by the dealer, and its been perfect. very comfortable seats, gas mileage right on estimates, great handling and riding car, nice stereo.overall very happy!

Favorite Features

very comfortable car, handles great w/sport package

Suggested Improvements

a little more hp would be fun, and a locking gas cap

Enjoy the car, but...
By jmrichards

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

While the exterior aesthetics of the car are great, and I get lots of compliments on my car, I do have some concerns with the quality of the products they used in this car. The door handles are cheap and are a fake chrome-tape that peels. I already have had to have 3 of the 4 replaced and the car isn't even 5 years old yet! The windshield spray nozzel leaks and has destroyed the clear-coat on the hood. Despite the age of the car and warranty, Ford has refused to fix them. I have written to them multiple times and always get a B.S. answer. They do not stand behind their product. Having owned Fords before & for the money, I expected better. Very disappointed & I won't buy a Ford again.

Favorite Features

Exterior look. Runs smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Don't put cheap parts on the car that break and then refuse to fix them.

Best car i've ever owned hands down!
By captain_fluffy

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 09 SE Fusion w/Sport Appearance package (18" low profile tire/wheels) with 23k miles on it. It was a lease out of Michigan and driven by some woman I can tell. It now has close to 70k on it, and it hasn't ever skipped a beat! I did get it stuck in the snow twice, so having FWD with no traction control can be a PITA, but other than that, the car is wonderful to drive. Handles corners beautifully, takes bumps just fine (even with the low profile tires). I'm personally 6'1" and I fit into it like a glove.

Favorite Features

The dependability, gas mileage, and ride.

Suggested Improvements

The sport seats with the suede inserts can be a little bit of a pain to keep clean from time to time, but overall very nice seats. The sound system suits me just fine, but i'm sure for some of the pop music loving crowd, the bass won't be enough to keep up. The 2.3L is a GREAT engine, but it can be a bit of a dog, especially if you're converting from a faster car. It does pretty good to get out of it's own way, but it is in no way shape or form a fast car. The gas mileage is great for a fairly large mid-size car though.

By Warren

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love the car except for the uncomfortable seats and headrest. I also have a Taurus and Ford Freestyle and have never had a problem with seat comfort before this. The head rest (for my height at least) creates an uncomfortable angle, have turned the headrest around but this defeats the purpose of having it. Tough on the back after about an hour of driving, great for short trips. Mileage in the city o.k. at around 22.

Favorite Features

Nice handling and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

The seat and head rest need to have another option.