Used 2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

2009 Ford Fusion SEL v6
By J

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

First off I love this car! The leather interior is very comfortable and soft. Seat warmers work great and the radio control with and without the sync system are easy to use. The ride of the car is fantastic. It's powerful yet nice and quiet on the inside. The engine can run a bit high on start up so allow some time for the car to warm up and settle down a bit. Gas mileage is ok, but I honestly expected a little more out of the car. The only bad thing I can say about this car is the 18" wheels. The wheels are extremely soft and trust me I have dented them already and not on a memorable pot hole either. The Goodyear tires have a soft sidewall and bubble pretty easily.

Tougher alloy wheels and better tires. I know they are low profile but maybe thats not the best idea if Ford wants to use these rims.

Fusion: Really Excellent Sedan
By sunjet44

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new 2009 SE 2.3L 4cyl 5speed auto in Jan09. Curently at 10,000 miles. This vehicle has had zero defects, and has performed exceptionally well. The fuel economy is remarkable for a vehicle this size. My poorest tank was 28mpg, and on long trips around 31-33 mpg. I have had numerous VW's , Saabs, and an Audi.This car does not have the cachet of those brands, but really does come very close in overall ownership experience. It is so much more reliable than those other vehicles, without all the added expenses. I am not normally a sedan driver, but this is a really good one. I'm 58,and 6ft tall, and find it comfortable for 8-10 hours all day trips.

The incredible value of this vehicle, compared to the other mid priced, and higher end brands. Good handling for the Northern california back roads.

The auto dimming rearview mirror is weak. But, friends with other brands tell me the same thing. And yes, headrests are a bit confining.

Pleasantly surprised from a Honda family
By lh

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I come from a Honda family. We own a 95 Civic, 04 & 08 Accords. My mother has owned three Camrys, including an 09. I regularly drive the Camry. The Fusion is right up there with the Hondas and the Camry. In fact, it's quieter than the Hondas and the Camry. Totally trouble free with over 20k miles in the year+ I've owned it. You would make a mistake buying a midsize care without checking out the Fusion.

Speed control can be set/increased/decreased incrementally. Very quiet and controlled under all driving conditions.

V6 engine could be more refined, like the Accord. Mileage is not bad(26-27 mpg) but could be better.

dont buy a fusion
By mathewh87

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have recently purchased this vehicle with 18000 miles and have had more problems with it than my other vehicles.

Seats sync

NEEDS SEVERE IMPROVEMENTS UNDER THE HOOD

Satisfied Customer
By Hoss Senior

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Select the SEL I4 model to have the convenence of automatic temperature control,great sound system with Serius radio, MP3 input, extra interior creature comforts, automatic head lights, ambient interior LED lighting as well as a great ride and 30+ mpg on the highway. I also had the benefit of Ford's Z-purchase program and $3500 incentive rebate. Waiting for the more powerful 2010 I4 that's rated better for mileage would have cost at least $3500 more while the 2010 Hybrid would have costed $8000 more with the issue of replacing the storage battery since I keep my Ford's along time. 1991 Aerostar XLT van 235000 miles, 1998 Taurus 190000 miles.

Climate control & automatic headlights, exterior lights under mirrors, amibient interior lights and good ride.

Under back of front seats repositioning hardware face rear passenger has very share edges; bare feet of rear passengers could get cut.