Used 2009 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Great car
By Jeff in Dallas

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car to replace a foreign sports sedan, and had a bit of trepidation because of that. However, the car has great pickup, handles well, and is extremely comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised about the amount of room inside - it is much bigger than it looks. The "SEL" series has enough luxury touches to make this seem like a much more expensive car. The only negative is that gas mileage (with the 6 cylinder engine) is not great - I average about 17 city, 21 mixed, 24 highway (although I've been told I have a lead foot)

Quietness, pickup, and handling are all good.

My car doesn't have a passenger side power seat. I don't think that was an option on the 2009. I would prefer to have that.

great price, great car!
By veruca

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My Fusion has been a great car for the last year. I researched several cars in the same class and concluded that for the money, I was getting the most options for less money. It really does have all the bells and whistles that a luxury car should have. It looks very sporty and drives fantastic. It's spacious feeling without feeling too big for most parking spots. A little disappointed with the poor gas mileage for the V6, but the power upgrade is worth it.

I love the auto lights. I am always worried I leave my lights on after I park and with this option, I don't even have to think about it! I also really like the security lights that turn on when you unlock the car. And the best is the keyless touch pad! I heart that!

better gas mileage for the v6. I have had Ford Remote Start added and there is a not a way to leave the heat/ac on for the next keyless start since the temp control is digital.

HAPPY FORD OWNER
By CALLEN

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Fusion exactly one year. I love the car and have not found one thing that I don't like about it. I t has the available Sport package, with 18" wheels and a unique spoiler which really adds class to it. Makes it look somewhat like a Lincoln. Has only been to the shop for oil changes.Am very happy that i purchased the car.

the sync system. Steering wheel controls for audio and sync moonroof great looks

none at this time

Ford has it right.
By Robert

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This car is a company car. the mpg is 28-29 combined. I can get 33 or 34mpg on a good day on the hwy. The little 4 cyl is peppy enuff for passing on two lane hwy's. Very solid car. The seats are very good for long trips. I have put 35,000 miles on it and have just had oil changes and tires rotated. Big enuff for 4 people to sit in total comfort.

Good trunk space. Sirius radio

Head rest keeps coming up from bottom position.

New Vehicle
By kaysam

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I find that the 2009 fusion is a great car in the summer. I have a long drive to work and only have to put gas in my car once a week. With my other car I was putting gas in twice a week. It saves me money. But if you have winter driving the gas mileage is not so good and it does not handle very well in the snow. I like the car but would like to see it handle better in the winter.

The look of the car

Handle better in the winter.