2009 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Best Car I Ever Had
By KD on 01/21/09 21:39 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I drove several brands and decided to try a Ford last of all as I wasn't really convinced I would want one. The dealer cash incentives were too big to ignore however, and once I drove the car, I fell in love with it. The SYNC is just amazing and I love the traction control and 4 wheel disk brakes. The acceleration is smooth and the braking firm. The Fusion has the best handling I have ever driven in a sedan and it looks really sharp in the driveway. 5* crash ratings and a 10.0 from JD Power for reliability sealed the deal. No other brand has anywhere near the 'bang for the buck' that Ford does currently. As good as an import, has SYNC and costs thousands less.

2009 Ford Fusion is a Good Value!
By Ron from Honolulu on 01/08/09 00:11 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2009 Ford Fusion after testing the 2009 Camry, 2009 Altima, 2009 Sonata and 2009 Accord. The Fusion was more comfortable for me, rode smoother and handled the road better. I got the 4 cyl SE, automatic, with leather trim interior, sun roof and SYNC, spoiler and rear sensor. The Fusion performs above average and looks pretty good. I've enjoyed owing the car so far and have actually gotten several compliments on its appearance. Overall, very good job, Ford!

Just as good, but cheaper than imports
By 1sttimeford on 01/07/09 20:41 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Due to lots of bad experiences, my family is anti-domestics as far as cars go. I test drove a Fusion and couldn't get past how much less expensive it was for more options. It has been a great car so far. It's amazingly quiet and smooth, easily the best car I've owned so far.

Great Car
By Doug on 12/20/08 20:20 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I went on our first road trip. I was surprised at how quiet, comfortable, and efficient the car was. I didn't get tired driving at all. We averaged 33mpg going 70mph on the freeway. The 4 cylinder isn't like a V6, but it is very adequate. When I had to pass it had no problem getting up to speed. The only thing is that I'm 6' and I have to lower the seat to have adequate head room. I love the sync.

Fusion rocks!
By Jim on 12/02/08 10:50 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great mid size car, fuel efficient, comfortable, fun daily transportation. Longest trip so far was 4 hours, very comfortable, no back stifness after long trip. Drove through 2 snow storms already, tracked very well and handled "slush" between lanes very well, great head light illumination.

Sweet ride
By matt3319 on 10/25/08 19:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have always enjoyed looking at the Fusion, mainly the SEL models. Now that Ford has slapped the sport appearance package on the SE its a sweet ride. I traded my 08 Tribute 2.3L for a 2.3L SE. What a difference with the same engine and a 5 speed auto makes. This car is so loaded and the rebates made it a no-brainer. I had X plan and a $3500 rebate. I bought a $23500 car for $17800. Vapor silver is so sleek looking with the 18" wheels. Mileage should be a better than 26mpg on my tribute. All my friends love the aggressive look. Honda, Toyota, Nissan and even the new Mazda6 just can't compare. Interested to see what the refreshened Fusion looks like, but the deals wont be as good!

Cheaper than 1995
By Back to Cars on 10/12/08 19:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was leasing a Dodge Dakota (14mpg). Made the decision to not get another pickup pretty easy. Had been watching the Ford Fusion for sometime. Reliability ratings are excellent, most reviews are above average, it's somewhat an American vehicle, I think. When Ford announced the rebates of $3000 on Sept. 10, it made the decision very easy. A brand new Ford Fusion SE with sunroof and sync for around $16000 is simply amazing. I paid $18000 for a new Mazda MX-6 in 1994 with less features than today, obviously. I have the 5-speed, I4. I have always loved 5-speed cars, and this one is no exception. Very forgiving clutch, and the power is not bad. Very fun to drive. 26mpg ave. 60-hwy/40-city

Best Buy Ever
By JeffJJackson on 09/30/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I knew this was the car for me from the first time I sat in it..lol.. The test drive was my comfirmation. I got about 35 mpg on my trip and did have to refuel until I made it back home..awesome.. Driving this car is an experience.. just test drive one, you'll understand..oh yeah..I have the 5 speed manuel..so much fun to drive..

Fun and Practical
By Tony W on 09/30/08 04:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking at the Altima because it was firmer than the base Fusion, but drove a "Sport Appearance Package" car with the tire and suspension upgrade. It has a much different feel. The manual transmission gives you control over the engine the automatic can't. It is a blast to drive and reminds me of a mid-80's Shelby Charger I used to have a long, long time ago, except this car has six airbags, room for 5, etc. Mileage is about 25 in mixed driving. My commutes to work and home are now much more fun.

Ford...who knew
By DDRI on 09/23/08 05:14 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This purchase was a hard one for us. We have had 2 cars over the past 20 years and both were Camry's. Of course we first test drove an 09 Camry and when we walked away we were not impressed. We then drove a slew of other mid-size sedans and last on our list was the Ford Fusion, all I can say is that it really should have been first. If you are considering this car test drive it first, you will not be disappointed. We bought the SE with auto and 4cyl for the MPG. Very smooth ride and plenty of power. Add in the Sync and you have a perfect car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$121 per month*