2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
2009 Ford Fusion SEL v6
By J on 12/11/09 11:16 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

First off I love this car! The leather interior is very comfortable and soft. Seat warmers work great and the radio control with and without the sync system are easy to use. The ride of the car is fantastic. It's powerful yet nice and quiet on the inside. The engine can run a bit high on start up so allow some time for the car to warm up and settle down a bit. Gas mileage is ok, but I honestly expected a little more out of the car. The only bad thing I can say about this car is the 18" wheels. The wheels are extremely soft and trust me I have dented them already and not on a memorable pot hole either. The Goodyear tires have a soft sidewall and bubble pretty easily.

Fusion: Really Excellent Sedan
By sunjet44 on 11/29/09 10:26 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new 2009 SE 2.3L 4cyl 5speed auto in Jan09. Curently at 10,000 miles. This vehicle has had zero defects, and has performed exceptionally well. The fuel economy is remarkable for a vehicle this size. My poorest tank was 28mpg, and on long trips around 31-33 mpg. I have had numerous VW's , Saabs, and an Audi.This car does not have the cachet of those brands, but really does come very close in overall ownership experience. It is so much more reliable than those other vehicles, without all the added expenses. I am not normally a sedan driver, but this is a really good one. I'm 58,and 6ft tall, and find it comfortable for 8-10 hours all day trips.

Pleasantly surprised from a Honda family
By lh on 11/26/09 09:44 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I come from a Honda family. We own a 95 Civic, 04 & 08 Accords. My mother has owned three Camrys, including an 09. I regularly drive the Camry. The Fusion is right up there with the Hondas and the Camry. In fact, it's quieter than the Hondas and the Camry. Totally trouble free with over 20k miles in the year+ I've owned it. You would make a mistake buying a midsize care without checking out the Fusion.

dont buy a fusion
By mathewh87 on 11/26/09 05:49 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have recently purchased this vehicle with 18000 miles and have had more problems with it than my other vehicles.

Satisfied Customer
By Hoss Senior on 11/16/09 01:59 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Select the SEL I4 model to have the convenence of automatic temperature control,great sound system with Serius radio, MP3 input, extra interior creature comforts, automatic head lights, ambient interior LED lighting as well as a great ride and 30+ mpg on the highway. I also had the benefit of Ford's Z-purchase program and $3500 incentive rebate. Waiting for the more powerful 2010 I4 that's rated better for mileage would have cost at least $3500 more while the 2010 Hybrid would have costed $8000 more with the issue of replacing the storage battery since I keep my Ford's along time. 1991 Aerostar XLT van 235000 miles, 1998 Taurus 190000 miles.

Fusion: I love it!
By nygiants44 on 10/30/09 09:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car rocks!Ford has a real winner on its hands. Love the performance,a really nice,comfotrable and reliable ride.

Extended Review for 2009 Ford Fusion SE
By Novice Editor on 10/29/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was resistant to get into this car because I thought it was low end vehicle but I was pleasantly surpised by its handling and styling. The car gives cues of a Lexus sedan, especially the front. Mine is equipped with Sport wheels and low profile tires and makes a tremendous difference in handling. 5 speed trans is good once it gets going in the higher ranges. Gas economy is great on pure highway; I got up to 42 miles p/gallon and it's not a hybrid. My usual commute is 60% highway and 40% local,traveling 100 miles roundtrip. I'm averaging 27-29 miles per gallon. Not bad. Trip commuter works well and the SYNC system is a real tribute. I don't like the cartridge filter design; too messy.

Excellent Vehicle!
By Don Schwinn on 10/25/09 10:02 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Gave up on Audis and decided to help out Detroit. My V6 SEL AWD Fusion has 5000 miles now and I'm totally satisfied. The Microsoft Sync system is terrific. The car handles as well as my former Audi and with all the bells and whistles was 1/2 the price of a new Audi. Sure I had to give up memory seats and mirrors, auto up-down of all windows, poewer passenger seat, homelink and cachet but I still got awd, nav, heated seats, Michelin tires, alloy wheels, reverse sensing, leather, metallic paint, fold down rear seats and premium sound. If you're looking for an American brand mid-size, this one is a winner.

Decent Car - Take a Look at One
By Jeff on 09/11/09 13:34 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned my Fusion for over a month now and have 1,200 miles on it. Ride is nice and has a very responsive steering system. The trunk is large and the gas mileage has been decent @ 25mpg. The V6 has good power and the transmission shifts smoothly. The headrests are not comfortable and need to be redesigned, hopefully they got it right on the 2010 model. Overall, I am very happy with it and we chose it over the Camry, Accord and Sonata. It was a tough decision but so far so good.

It was great at first. . .
By Denise M. on 08/21/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 8th car, 2nd new car and first American made car. Initially I was elated with my purchase and glad that I decided to buy American. I drive 100 miles round trip 5 days a week. The drive home in my roomy and comfortable Fusion was something I looked forward. And I only have to buy gas twice a week. Fast forward 10 months,I just had to get a new transmission and I am going online later to find a condenser. The condenser issue really could have happened to anyone,(so they say)a little rock bounced into it . It is just annoying that it happened 3 days after the transmission was replaced. Now everyday I dread the ride to and from work, wondering what will go wrong next

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$129 per month*