2009 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
My second Fusion
By DanielTink on 07/25/09 18:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a Fusion since they came out in 2006 and one of the bestest cars I have ever had!SYNC is great

A complete pleasure to own and drive
By Dennis on 07/18/09 07:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Since 1999 My wife and I have owned 3 Honda Accords, 1 Toyota Camry and I can confidently say the Fusion is the most comfortable, best handling and performing of them all. I would not think twice to make this purchase again. Our other car is due for replacement next year and we will be closely looking at another Fusion as well as the new Taurus.

My First Ford...Again!
By ScottH on 07/15/09 20:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The quality of my 2009 Fusion has been extremely good so far. The ride is very nice and the performance is great. Fuel economy on my I4-SE has been slightly above what the sticker stated and I do not drive like my grandfather....although I use the cruise consistently. The more I drive this car, the more I like it. I know that sounds corny, but I drive a miriad of vehicles and the Fusion is my favorite. We looked at several other makes and actually decided on the Fusion because of price. After getting the car, driving it and feeling the quality of the ride, I am totally happy with the car. I think Ford hit a home run with the Fusion.

GREAT BUY!!!!!
By JM on 06/28/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a 2000 Cadillac Eldorado in the past and MY 2009 Ford Fusion is a more smooth and fun to drive car! I recommend a Ford Fusion to any and everyone!!!!

Great deal for the money
By triple john on 06/16/09 21:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just purchased a 09 4 cyl Fusion for 18K...I know the 4 cyl is not the fastest, but not bad for a four...especially with the 5 speed automatic. I just drove drove 500 miles home and averaged 32 mpg @ 70 mph, This engine not even broken in yet, so mileage should improve a bit. The car is very quite on the highway and quite comfortable. My last car was a Cadillac, so I appreciate quality. This car was loaded with the sun & sync package, black leaather interior with blue suede inserts, ambient lighting, travel computer with compass sport package with 18" rims, cruise, 8 speaker premium sound system with 6 cd changer, satelite radio with steering wheel controls, power seats, rear spoiler.

Nice ride
By Black sheep on 05/31/09 14:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After 1,350 miles no problems. 27.5 mpg overall 40/60 city/highway. Car handles great, traded a 2003 corolla. Fit and finnish is ok but not as good as the toyota. This is better than the last ford I had 1996 Taurus. Handles and drove much better than the Camery I test drove. Sound system is great, price was even better under $17,000 with automatic, sun and sync package.

1st new car purchase at 18 :]
By megan09 on 04/21/09 12:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car brand new this month. I'm eighteen & was thoroughly afraid of the whole picking what I want process. The fusion has it all & I will definately be stickin to FORD vehicles for a long while.

Excellent Car and Value
By sbycarbuyer on 04/06/09 12:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

very comfortable, stylish and execllent milage 28 to 29 so far. Commute over 60 miles each way everyday. Car is not as quiet as some but not that noticable. The turn signal is a bit high on the wheel but again I am being very critical. Ride is smooth and confortable and the preformance from a 4 cyc is great.

Update - Cheaper than 1995
By back to cars on 03/18/09 06:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Originally reviewed after one month. So thought I might give a 6 month update to let people know what I thought after the "newness" has wore off. Currently have 8000 miles and have not had to take the vehicle in for warranty work, but I do have a few rattles and one clunk that will probably be warranty repairs at some point. My "clunk/rattle" sound is the most annoying at this point and only happens when going over somewhat larger bumps/humps in the road and seems to originate from the passenger front when I do hear it(my wife calls me a freak for rattles). Other than that the vehicle is still fun to drive and I'm getting 27mpg with 50/50 highway/city driving. I still get excited to drive it

First car in 20 years
By brb923 on 01/27/09 14:19 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After 20 years of regular cab 2wd trucks, I could finally buy myself a car. Ink Blue Fusion with the Blue Suede package,4 cyl, 5 speed and Sync. At 1500 miles it's fun to drive, laid out well, gets 29 mpg on the hiway and is just plain comfortable to be in. Everything feels tight. It handles well and the suspension is firm enough without being rough. Drove 780 miles in a single day and never hurt anywhere or really had to stop other than for the normal reasons

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$121 per month*