Used 2009 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Fusion: Really Excellent Sedan
By sunjet44

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new 2009 SE 2.3L 4cyl 5speed auto in Jan09. Curently at 10,000 miles. This vehicle has had zero defects, and has performed exceptionally well. The fuel economy is remarkable for a vehicle this size. My poorest tank was 28mpg, and on long trips around 31-33 mpg. I have had numerous VW's , Saabs, and an Audi.This car does not have the cachet of those brands, but really does come very close in overall ownership experience. It is so much more reliable than those other vehicles, without all the added expenses. I am not normally a sedan driver, but this is a really good one. I'm 58,and 6ft tall, and find it comfortable for 8-10 hours all day trips.

The incredible value of this vehicle, compared to the other mid priced, and higher end brands. Good handling for the Northern california back roads.

The auto dimming rearview mirror is weak. But, friends with other brands tell me the same thing. And yes, headrests are a bit confining.

dont buy a fusion
By mathewh87

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have recently purchased this vehicle with 18000 miles and have had more problems with it than my other vehicles.

Seats sync

NEEDS SEVERE IMPROVEMENTS UNDER THE HOOD

Fusion: I love it!
By nygiants44

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car rocks!Ford has a real winner on its hands. Love the performance,a really nice,comfotrable and reliable ride.

Power,Looks,Realibilty

None right now...

Extended Review for 2009 Ford Fusion SE
By Novice Editor

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was resistant to get into this car because I thought it was low end vehicle but I was pleasantly surpised by its handling and styling. The car gives cues of a Lexus sedan, especially the front. Mine is equipped with Sport wheels and low profile tires and makes a tremendous difference in handling. 5 speed trans is good once it gets going in the higher ranges. Gas economy is great on pure highway; I got up to 42 miles p/gallon and it's not a hybrid. My usual commute is 60% highway and 40% local,traveling 100 miles roundtrip. I'm averaging 27-29 miles per gallon. Not bad. Trip commuter works well and the SYNC system is a real tribute. I don't like the cartridge filter design; too messy.

SNYC, radio controls on the wheel, gas mileage on pure highway travel is great. Good bang for the money but it needs to hold its value better! This kept Ford from buying into the Government's assistance program; more competitive against the imports.

No vanity or reading lights for the back seat area; gets pretty dark. Needs a clock in the center console inside of advertsing Fusion. A little quicker off the line would be a better mix. Lumbar area doesn't seem comfortable no matter how I adjust the seat. Toss that spring loaded paper oil filter!

It was great at first. . .
By Denise M.

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 8th car, 2nd new car and first American made car. Initially I was elated with my purchase and glad that I decided to buy American. I drive 100 miles round trip 5 days a week. The drive home in my roomy and comfortable Fusion was something I looked forward. And I only have to buy gas twice a week. Fast forward 10 months,I just had to get a new transmission and I am going online later to find a condenser. The condenser issue really could have happened to anyone,(so they say)a little rock bounced into it . It is just annoying that it happened 3 days after the transmission was replaced. Now everyday I dread the ride to and from work, wondering what will go wrong next

The 2009 Ford Fusion is a smooth roomy drive. I love the seats and the trunk space.

Mesh cover of over the condenser. A different design for the head rest.