2009 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Excellent Car!!
By reblehn on 12/13/10 10:08 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for a month now, by far this is my favorite car I have ever had! I am really REALLY glad that I gave Ford a chance and went to their dealership. Everything went very smoothly in purchasing my car, if you live in MN in the metro area, please go to Coon Rapids North Country Ford, they are AWESOME! :-) My whole family fits in this car comfortably (two teenage sons over 16 and one 11 yr old girl). I absolutely love the Sync system, my kids are always asking me to call someone. Everything inside and out is very stylish! I recommend to everyone!

NO problems
By Arhsdjs on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car at a dealership and the only times I've had to bring it into the shop was for oil changes which my dealership does for FREE, for LIFE. There are no complaints at all. I'm only 20 so I had to look at reviews before making a purchase for a car and this car was by far the best option for the price. RELIABILITY! Waking up and being able to start your car everyday without any problems is so nice because my previous cars, a Mazda and a BMW have both been pains when you would start them in the cold and have to wait for the car to warm up to run efficiently! FORD did an amazing job with this car and that's why they sell amazingly well!

Very good car but...
By Lee McCormick on 05/11/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2300 4 with a 5 speed stick shift. I'm past the age of caring much about speed, and it's fast enough for me. The tranny is a bit stiff going between 2nd and 3rd. It's fine if I shift at low rpm, but if I rap it out it frequently misses 3rd unless I double clutch it. I drive pretty sedately so it's not really a problem. My main complaint is about the fuel economy. I get all they claimed, but I know they could do much better. My last car was a 1998 Mercury Marquis with a 5.0 liter V8. It got at least as good gas mileage as my little Fusion. I think they are sand bagging. I think it should be getting at least 35-40 mpg on the highway, and that's without any fancy technology.

Ford Fusion = A great car!
By Wes on 12/29/09 20:38 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Ford Fusion in May of 2009 and so far no problems. I think the car needs a little more horsepower, but I got the 4 cylinder for better fuel economy. It's a really nice looking car and the seats are comfortable. The Sun and SYNC package is great, and I love the Bluetooth hands free phone system, though I've often had to reboot my phone to make it work, but when it works its great. Its not the fastest car, but it is comfortable. I'm 6'4" and I fit comfortably in the backseat with the front seat pushed all the way back.

Surprisingly Nice Car
By undrgnd40 on 12/19/09 09:26 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a disappointing 2005 F-150 for this nimble and comfortable sedan. Fits three child seats in the rear and still has a respectable trunk. I like the handling with the 18" wheels and tires. Car goes through snow fairly well. Interior is nice, I like simple controls. I even think the "boring" radio is nice. This car is more of a good value than the Accord and Corolla I had previously. On many occasions I have gotten over 30 mpg, even though it is rated at 29. My only real complaint is the lack of power. Acceleration is sluggish and noisy. Aside from that, this is a solid car and I hope Ford keeps improving it because I would like to buy another one in the future.

Fusion: Really Excellent Sedan
By sunjet44 on 11/29/09 10:26 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased a new 2009 SE 2.3L 4cyl 5speed auto in Jan09. Curently at 10,000 miles. This vehicle has had zero defects, and has performed exceptionally well. The fuel economy is remarkable for a vehicle this size. My poorest tank was 28mpg, and on long trips around 31-33 mpg. I have had numerous VW's , Saabs, and an Audi.This car does not have the cachet of those brands, but really does come very close in overall ownership experience. It is so much more reliable than those other vehicles, without all the added expenses. I am not normally a sedan driver, but this is a really good one. I'm 58,and 6ft tall, and find it comfortable for 8-10 hours all day trips.

dont buy a fusion
By mathewh87 on 11/26/09 05:49 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have recently purchased this vehicle with 18000 miles and have had more problems with it than my other vehicles.

Fusion: I love it!
By nygiants44 on 10/30/09 09:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car rocks!Ford has a real winner on its hands. Love the performance,a really nice,comfotrable and reliable ride.

Extended Review for 2009 Ford Fusion SE
By Novice Editor on 10/29/09 09:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was resistant to get into this car because I thought it was low end vehicle but I was pleasantly surpised by its handling and styling. The car gives cues of a Lexus sedan, especially the front. Mine is equipped with Sport wheels and low profile tires and makes a tremendous difference in handling. 5 speed trans is good once it gets going in the higher ranges. Gas economy is great on pure highway; I got up to 42 miles p/gallon and it's not a hybrid. My usual commute is 60% highway and 40% local,traveling 100 miles roundtrip. I'm averaging 27-29 miles per gallon. Not bad. Trip commuter works well and the SYNC system is a real tribute. I don't like the cartridge filter design; too messy.

It was great at first. . .
By Denise M. on 08/21/09 17:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 8th car, 2nd new car and first American made car. Initially I was elated with my purchase and glad that I decided to buy American. I drive 100 miles round trip 5 days a week. The drive home in my roomy and comfortable Fusion was something I looked forward. And I only have to buy gas twice a week. Fast forward 10 months,I just had to get a new transmission and I am going online later to find a condenser. The condenser issue really could have happened to anyone,(so they say)a little rock bounced into it . It is just annoying that it happened 3 days after the transmission was replaced. Now everyday I dread the ride to and from work, wondering what will go wrong next

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Fusion Sedan in VA is:

$121 per month*