Used 2009 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Excellent Car!!
By reblehn

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for a month now, by far this is my favorite car I have ever had! I am really REALLY glad that I gave Ford a chance and went to their dealership. Everything went very smoothly in purchasing my car, if you live in MN in the metro area, please go to Coon Rapids North Country Ford, they are AWESOME! :-) My whole family fits in this car comfortably (two teenage sons over 16 and one 11 yr old girl). I absolutely love the Sync system, my kids are always asking me to call someone. Everything inside and out is very stylish! I recommend to everyone!

My favorite features is the cars color and style on the outside and inside I love the Sync system. Very comfortable seats! Warms up very quickly in the winter (a must this year!)

None!

NO problems
By Arhsdjs

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car at a dealership and the only times I've had to bring it into the shop was for oil changes which my dealership does for FREE, for LIFE. There are no complaints at all. I'm only 20 so I had to look at reviews before making a purchase for a car and this car was by far the best option for the price. RELIABILITY! Waking up and being able to start your car everyday without any problems is so nice because my previous cars, a Mazda and a BMW have both been pains when you would start them in the cold and have to wait for the car to warm up to run efficiently! FORD did an amazing job with this car and that's why they sell amazingly well!

I love SYNC. Gotta tell you when you have a friend in the car and you hear the woman's voice come on people look at you with their jaws wide open. Best feature in the world!

I got the 4cyl so the only improvements I would give this car are put into the SEL model which is obviously more bang for the buck. With any model of car when you have an additional sum of money to invest in the car you'll get better feature.

Very good car but...
By Lee McCormick

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2300 4 with a 5 speed stick shift. I'm past the age of caring much about speed, and it's fast enough for me. The tranny is a bit stiff going between 2nd and 3rd. It's fine if I shift at low rpm, but if I rap it out it frequently misses 3rd unless I double clutch it. I drive pretty sedately so it's not really a problem. My main complaint is about the fuel economy. I get all they claimed, but I know they could do much better. My last car was a 1998 Mercury Marquis with a 5.0 liter V8. It got at least as good gas mileage as my little Fusion. I think they are sand bagging. I think it should be getting at least 35-40 mpg on the highway, and that's without any fancy technology.

You should be able to get much better fuel efficiency. You also need to improve the manual transmission.

Ford Fusion = A great car!
By Wes

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Ford Fusion in May of 2009 and so far no problems. I think the car needs a little more horsepower, but I got the 4 cylinder for better fuel economy. It's a really nice looking car and the seats are comfortable. The Sun and SYNC package is great, and I love the Bluetooth hands free phone system, though I've often had to reboot my phone to make it work, but when it works its great. Its not the fastest car, but it is comfortable. I'm 6'4" and I fit comfortably in the backseat with the front seat pushed all the way back.

Sunroof/moonroof, SYNC, Bluetooth, 6-disc CD Changer, 60/40 split folding seats, fun to drive. I like the front end better in the 09 than the 2010, but I like the 2010's tail lights better.

More horsepower in the I-4, fix fit and finish issues (gap in the panel under the steering wheel), put a gas lift for the hood instead of the the old fashioned stick.

Surprisingly Nice Car
By undrgnd40

2009 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a disappointing 2005 F-150 for this nimble and comfortable sedan. Fits three child seats in the rear and still has a respectable trunk. I like the handling with the 18" wheels and tires. Car goes through snow fairly well. Interior is nice, I like simple controls. I even think the "boring" radio is nice. This car is more of a good value than the Accord and Corolla I had previously. On many occasions I have gotten over 30 mpg, even though it is rated at 29. My only real complaint is the lack of power. Acceleration is sluggish and noisy. Aside from that, this is a solid car and I hope Ford keeps improving it because I would like to buy another one in the future.

Good standard features, solid transmission, excellent handling and brakes, comfortable seats, nice trunk

smoother and more powerful engine