2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Help, I have fallen and can't get up.......
By nissandave on 01/14/14 05:22 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

09 Ford Fusion SE 2.4, Auto Bought new 9/13/08 Owned for 95k miles: Water pump out (30k miles) Starter 2 batteries Drive belt Power steering pump/fluid Oil leak/valve cover AC compressor issues Transmission fluid burns up transmission after 85k miles (manual calls for fluid change @ 150k miles) Transmission solenoid CD deck not ejecting discs Trouble code renders car un-driveable after battery change (similar known issue with 2010 models which Ford refuses recall on) 2.3 lacks power 2.3 gets horrid MPG, much less than EPA estimates Very little rear view visibility No transmission mode indicator on dashboard Constant "hissing" noise (vacuum leak) nobody could find

Happy Owner
By Tom Foley on 08/05/10 14:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Really like car great average cost family car, but looks and drives like a much higher priced car.

Ford has it right.
By Robert on 01/13/10 20:20 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

This car is a company car. the mpg is 28-29 combined. I can get 33 or 34mpg on a good day on the hwy. The little 4 cyl is peppy enuff for passing on two lane hwy's. Very solid car. The seats are very good for long trips. I have put 35,000 miles on it and have just had oil changes and tires rotated. Big enuff for 4 people to sit in total comfort.

New Vehicle
By kaysam on 01/05/10 13:41 PM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

I find that the 2009 fusion is a great car in the summer. I have a long drive to work and only have to put gas in my car once a week. With my other car I was putting gas in twice a week. It saves me money. But if you have winter driving the gas mileage is not so good and it does not handle very well in the snow. I like the car but would like to see it handle better in the winter.

Satisfied Customer
By Hoss Senior on 11/16/09 01:59 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Select the SEL I4 model to have the convenence of automatic temperature control,great sound system with Serius radio, MP3 input, extra interior creature comforts, automatic head lights, ambient interior LED lighting as well as a great ride and 30+ mpg on the highway. I also had the benefit of Ford's Z-purchase program and $3500 incentive rebate. Waiting for the more powerful 2010 I4 that's rated better for mileage would have cost at least $3500 more while the 2010 Hybrid would have costed $8000 more with the issue of replacing the storage battery since I keep my Ford's along time. 1991 Aerostar XLT van 235000 miles, 1998 Taurus 190000 miles.

She took one for the family
By Stephen Krautheim on 08/19/09 06:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2009 SEL I4 in April to replace our minivan. My wife loves the size, maneuverability, and fuel economy. I rated the performance lower, but we did pick the I4 for fuel economy. Loads of room in the back for two growing 'tweens with plenty of leg room for me in the front. Anyway, Frannie (our name for our Fusion) took a direct hit centered on the driver and rear door. The airbags deployed, the B-pillar was crushed, the C-pillar and roof line were creased, and the doors look like used aluminum foil. However, my wife walked away with only some bruises from the seat belt, which she felt clamp down. We are currently shopping for a 2010 Fusion or its sibling, the Mercury Milan.

Fusion frenzy
By hammer on 08/16/09 14:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Had my SEL for 3 weeks now. Its a a great car. I have the Blue Suede and moon and tune pkgs. The blue suede seats really dress up the interior of the car. The 18 inch aluminum rims gives the car a sporty exterior appearance too. Overall a solid car

very satisfied
By john on 05/29/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

When I saw that Consumer Reports recommended the 2009 Ford Focus and Fusion I decided to check them out. Previous cars I have owned have been Subarus and Hondas. I ended up helping my daughter purchase a new Ford Focus and I ended up getting the 09 Fusion. I have been VERY satisfied so far. Great ride and my wife and I love the room in the interior, the great sound system and the SYNC system. What really clinched the deal, however, was the $3500 incentive on top of a great deal that was just $400 above the invoice price. I ended up purchasing a new ford that had a MSRP of around $23,00 for $18,000. Good Job Ford!!

FORD U.S.A. superior
By Chad on 04/20/09 13:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

First off absolutley great car inside and out. The features are great love the navigation, Sync is so cool , ambient lighting is a neat feature. 18 inch wheels with sport suspension great handling. Safety is key 5 star across the boards beat that imports!!! The audiophile is very good sound system for factory.

Could have been a great car
By Tom on 02/22/09 02:26 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Mine is actually the SE model not the SEL, I liked the looks and handling of the Fusion, although it's a little rough on a bad road, also the price was right, it's such a shame that Ford has kept this underpowered engine for so long, it is so slow at take off and merging, I should have gotten the V6, otherwise a nice car and a good value.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$125 per month*