2009 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Help, I have fallen and can't get up.......
By nissandave on 01/14/14 05:22 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

09 Ford Fusion SE 2.4, Auto Bought new 9/13/08 Owned for 95k miles: Water pump out (30k miles) Starter 2 batteries Drive belt Power steering pump/fluid Oil leak/valve cover AC compressor issues Transmission fluid burns up transmission after 85k miles (manual calls for fluid change @ 150k miles) Transmission solenoid CD deck not ejecting discs Trouble code renders car un-driveable after battery change (similar known issue with 2010 models which Ford refuses recall on) 2.3 lacks power 2.3 gets horrid MPG, much less than EPA estimates Very little rear view visibility No transmission mode indicator on dashboard Constant "hissing" noise (vacuum leak) nobody could find

Enjoy the car, but...
By jmrichards on 04/29/13 11:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

While the exterior aesthetics of the car are great, and I get lots of compliments on my car, I do have some concerns with the quality of the products they used in this car. The door handles are cheap and are a fake chrome-tape that peels. I already have had to have 3 of the 4 replaced and the car isn't even 5 years old yet! The windshield spray nozzel leaks and has destroyed the clear-coat on the hood. Despite the age of the car and warranty, Ford has refused to fix them. I have written to them multiple times and always get a B.S. answer. They do not stand behind their product. Having owned Fords before & for the money, I expected better. Very disappointed & I won't buy a Ford again.

Still Excellent
By mtnman1 on 09/23/11 13:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I posted an initial review on this car back in 11/08. I now have driven it 34,000 miles and still love it. Very reliable. No problems whatsover and zero rattles after 3 years. Seats are about the most comfortable that I have ever sat in. Handles great. I have been running as high as 29 mpg on the Highway, but city can be a bit low at 17 mpg at times. Just an all around great car and I would buy it again.

Excellent Car!!
By reblehn on 12/13/10 10:08 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my car for a month now, by far this is my favorite car I have ever had! I am really REALLY glad that I gave Ford a chance and went to their dealership. Everything went very smoothly in purchasing my car, if you live in MN in the metro area, please go to Coon Rapids North Country Ford, they are AWESOME! :-) My whole family fits in this car comfortably (two teenage sons over 16 and one 11 yr old girl). I absolutely love the Sync system, my kids are always asking me to call someone. Everything inside and out is very stylish! I recommend to everyone!

NO problems
By Arhsdjs on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car at a dealership and the only times I've had to bring it into the shop was for oil changes which my dealership does for FREE, for LIFE. There are no complaints at all. I'm only 20 so I had to look at reviews before making a purchase for a car and this car was by far the best option for the price. RELIABILITY! Waking up and being able to start your car everyday without any problems is so nice because my previous cars, a Mazda and a BMW have both been pains when you would start them in the cold and have to wait for the car to warm up to run efficiently! FORD did an amazing job with this car and that's why they sell amazingly well!

Great car!
By tony on 08/30/10 18:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

i have a v6 sel with sport package and leather, w/moon and tune. an all around winner. even though i had some issues in the beginning, they were all taken care of by the dealer, and its been perfect. very comfortable seats, gas mileage right on estimates, great handling and riding car, nice stereo.overall very happy!

Happy Owner
By Tom Foley on 08/05/10 14:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5A)

Really like car great average cost family car, but looks and drives like a much higher priced car.

Lacking indicators
By Doug Philippa on 05/24/10 07:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

No way of knowing your headlights are on or off No indicator to let you know cruise control is on only when you set it. No indicator to let you know that your sunroof is open even after vehicle is shut off.Left it open the 2nd day I owned the car and it rained that night! Loud vibrating & resonating when sun roof is open while driving over 55 MPH Only 2 speed selection on transmission, I like to downshift on downgrades- if you shift to low in this car you'll probably damage the transmission and your neck!

Very good car but...
By Lee McCormick on 05/11/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2300 4 with a 5 speed stick shift. I'm past the age of caring much about speed, and it's fast enough for me. The tranny is a bit stiff going between 2nd and 3rd. It's fine if I shift at low rpm, but if I rap it out it frequently misses 3rd unless I double clutch it. I drive pretty sedately so it's not really a problem. My main complaint is about the fuel economy. I get all they claimed, but I know they could do much better. My last car was a 1998 Mercury Marquis with a 5.0 liter V8. It got at least as good gas mileage as my little Fusion. I think they are sand bagging. I think it should be getting at least 35-40 mpg on the highway, and that's without any fancy technology.

Impressive
By LastPatriot on 05/11/10 05:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After driving an Infiniti QX4 for some time, I was ready for a better fuel sadan w/o giving up the comforts of what I was used to. I had never really considered a Ford before because of past history but with the reviews on Comsumer Reports about reliability of the Fusion, I figured it was worth the look. So far, at 54K miles there has not been one problem and the comfort/quality is far beyond what I had come to expect from Ford. Fuel is about 18-20 in town and 29- 31.5 on the highway (about 70mph). Overall, the Fusion is an impressive car when considering the cost with what options Ford is offering. SYNC is a really nice touch.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Ford Fusion in VA is:

$129 per month*