2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Very Satisfying Purchase

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Review

Very Satisfying Purchase
By TheDuck on

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was planning to buy a Pontiac Vibe. I only test drove the Fords so that I could tell my auto worker friend that I gave it a chance. The Pontiac was a great car but the Fusion was just more comfortable and much quieter on these rough Detroit area roads. I tried the Focus too. But when I tried the V6 Fusion I was in love. Driven thoughtfully and with luck with traffic, I can get upt to 22.7 miles while 20.5 is what I get being my agressive self on city streets. On the highway with no air I have gotten just short of 31. I have SYNC and it is a great feature since the local laws forbid driving and using a cell. The Sirius is another unexpected delight but a bit pricey.

6-speed transmission, just as smooth as can be! Headlights bright with great pattern. (High beams are good for re- educating dunderheads who never dim!)

Would Like to see the USB and power connection in the consold to be pointed up and covered by spring loaded covers. They are horizontal and using them is awkward. I worry about metal pens or other metal objects entering the power recepticle during breaking and shorting out.