The Camry-killer!
By misterzero on
2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
I have owned two Fords in the past and two Camrys ('00, '03), all of which have essentially been completely trouble-free. The Camrys have had excellent rides, but the thigh support and awkward steering wheel placement always left me very uncomfortable, especially on long drives. I test drove a number of cars on the market, including the Accord and Altima, and came back to the Fusion, as it has a ride very comparable to the Camry, and the interior is much better than the Camry's....much more comfortable. I bought an SEL V6 with Moon & Tunes and leather interior. I now have 1,200 miles on it, and the car has not developed any rattles or squeaks.
Favorite Features
Love the line-in jack...took these car companies long enough to catch on to that one. Telescopic/tilt steering wheel is also a main reason I bought the car. I do wish it tilted a bit further down, though. No rattles/squeaks after 1,200 miles...which is very important to me
Suggested Improvements
The leather seat bolstering is very weak and will smoosh to nothingness after a few weeks. Luckily, my dealership fixed this under warranty. Also, the moonroof takes away a good 2-3 inches of headroom...so 6' folks' hair will be rubbing the headliner. Aux power jacks don't turn off with the car.