2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Not what I expected

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Not what I expected
By pnoyes on

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my fusion new, while trading in my '05 F150 for it to obtain better fuel economy. The biggest thing i can't stand about the car is winter driving. The traction isn't as good as any other front wheel drive cars i've drove, and the windshield wipers rest below where the defrost blows on the windshield (causing them to freeze over when not in action). The 2.3L engine is very underpowered, and doesn't really get the gas mileage that it suppose to. The last problem I have with this car is that the whole "best resale value" is a lie. I can't get out of the fusion into a truck again, even after paying on it for 3 years. All that aside, I have racked up 48k with no major problems.

I do have to say that I love the Sync and bluetooth. The cornering is the top of my list for a car that I didn't expect to handle like it does. For a smaller car it also has great leg room, and the seats are very comfortable (good for the long trips).

The 2.3L needs more power or gas mileage, pick one. I think that the wipers also need to be relocated. The sound system could really use an upgrade.