2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Initial impressions

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Initial impressions
By Richard on

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The I4 is a little "raspy" on acceleration but not unduly so. Seems to have plenty of power even with four very good sized adults. Roomy and comfortable. The interior really seems exceptionally well thought out. The option did not include the automatic which we did get along with the leather seating which I highly recommend. We have dogs that shed. Seems to be quite roomy both in front and back and I'm over 6'6" tall. At highway speeds normal conversations were highly understandable and I thought the handling was great. No complaints at all. Mileage right on the money at 28 mpg per the window sticker. Getting many compliments based on the light sage color. Styling is excellent.

This car looks good to the eye. I like the location of the gauges, controls, tilt & telescoping steering wheel. I had the car the entire day and frankly, couldn't find anything I would change. The 17" wheels and Michelins really set it off. But the color is just really eye catching. Beautiful!

The only true way to suggest improvements would be to drive it many miles and see how it holds up on long trips. That will tell the tale.