2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Happy!

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Review

By Lou on

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Having just come from driving an 8- cylinder Ford Explorer for the past 5 years, I was a little apprehensive about moving to a 4-cylinder vehicle. With gas prices being what they are, it seemed like the thing to do. I purchased a red Fusion (pretty color), SE package, leather seats, 6- changer CD with a Moon & Tune package. I'm much happier with the car than I thought I would be. It's roomy, it's comfortable and it's got plenty of power. It's never going feel like a V8, but it's more than I need to get back and forth to work. The Fusion made downsizing bearable without paying the Honda or Accord prices. I got much more for my money than I anticipated.

I like the fact that I got leather seating, a 6-changer CD and a moon roof for much less than I would have paid for other brands. Quiet engine at idle and low speeds. Smooth pick-up.

It's hard to see out the back window when backing up. Should have gotten reverse sensor. The engine is a little loud at high speeds.