Great car
By Brian Jarvis on
2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)
I enjoy driving this car. It has adequate power, exceptionally good handling, lots of room, a good sized trunk, an easily accessible information system including a compass and outside temperature, I like the moon roof but do not like the way that it intrudes into my head space. I have to adjust the seat more than I would like to avoid having my head make contact with the roof. I get around 8 litres/100k on the highway. Most of my city driving has taken place in a Canadian winter and has averaged 11.5 litres/100k, less than the computer showed. Four adults traveled from Canada to Myrtle Beach in comfort. We all packed light for the trip. The car was useless in snow until I bought snow tires.
Favorite Features
I like the message center with the average gas mileage displayed. The moon roof adds to driving pleasure. It handles well, has great styling, especially the front grille and fog lights, a quality sound system, and a fully adjustable steering wheel. It is well equipped at a reasonable price.
Suggested Improvements
I would like a little more head room. The moon roof takes up a couple of inches. My Focus has traction control but the Fusion does not have it. It should be included as standard equipment on the Fusion SEL. Ford, put chrome tips on the exhaust of the 4 cyl. SEL like you do on the 6 cyl. SEL.