2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Review: Escape from '97 Taurus to '08

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.3L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Escape from '97 Taurus to '08 Fusion
By SgtKung on

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Won't bother talking about the '97 Taurus...those who have owned one KNOW what sort of car it is, and why I got rid of it. Originally didn't even consider the Fusion - honestly, I didn't think it was in my price range. Once I realized it was, I did the research and discovered it was a very reliable car. We paid $12K for an '08 Fusion SE, 25K miles, balance of the warranty, etc. VERY pleased so far. Not the fastest car out there, but for an I-4 it is actually quite powerful. Interior/exterior styling and comfort are VERY nice and comfortable; plenty of trunk room for the size, etc. I *HIGHLY* recommend it - assuming it stays reliable, we'll drive it until the wheels fall off. :)

Interior comfort, reliability rating, features for the price ($12K got us backup sensors, auto, power everything, 6-disc MP3 CD changer, cruise, etc.).

Slightly more powerful/less buzzy I-4 (though that may be due to its being an OHV I-4, I think).