Used 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Better than an Accord.
By Peter

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car because I got to a choice between an Accord or the Fusion. The Fusion won because it was more economic and had better trunk space. The first day I loaded it with tons of stuff and that was amazing. My kids loved the back seat as well.

Large trunk. It has get up and go when needed.

Already done on the 2010.

a can-do car
By altinnova

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a dealer demo with 4000 miles on the odometer almost one year ago, and have no regrets. We were looking for a mid-size sedan that could accomodate five adults and their luggage comfortably and that would handle well on snowy and icy roads. The 2008 Fusion fits the bill. Ride is smooth and quiet. Handling is effortless. Very responsive brakes. Took the car out a month ago after a monster snowstorm (18"), and the car absolutely refused to slide around (NB: my Fusion came with Continental all-weather tires). Many other drivers got stuck on the back roads, but the Fusion kept on going. High back limits rear view a bit. Only getting 22 mpg, but we live in a city.

Roomy trunk, ABS, MPG and "miles-to- empty" options on the odometer

reduce blind spots in back and driver side, improve fuel economy

don't get a sunroof
By smithpointjava

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about the car but the leaky sunroof that Ford can't seem to fix for the life of them. My car has been in the shop 4 times (soon to be the 5th) for the same leak that comes through the the over head console.

heated seats, sync

sunroof reconstruction

Company Car
By IndyOkie

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My V6 SE replaced a 05 Ford Taurus, which replaced a 03 Ford Taurus. This is light years from Taurus in dynamics for handleing and ride control. Also for compairson, a Steller step from what I had with a 98 Ford Contour Sport. I drive this car hard and can only list dealer unable to balance new replacment tires ( same brand and size as stock ) as the only fault in 23 months and 60,500 miles...Quite a car and worth a look over a Camry or Accord

Power is much more than many expect, you can suprize folks at a stoplight or in the passenger seat.

Looking at the 2010 models, all the suggestions I could have given Ford look like they already knew about

I can't believe I bought a Ford!
By Steve

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I typically bought Audi's, Bmw's, VW's, I haven't bought a US car for quite a few years. I test drived a couple of US cars and decieded to by this Fusion. I now have had it for 2 months and I am still impressed with it. I like the looks, the power, and the options it has. It handles very good. Even in the snow. Ford makes a nice car in the fusion. I would recommend it to anyone.

Style, Performance, Nice Wheels, Stereo, Handeling, Climate control, cup holders are in nice places. I love the 6 speed transmittion.

My main complains is fuel milage, you would think with a 6 speed auto, the mileage would be better. I also feel the road noise could be improved. There should be more insulation in the floors, and doors. The rear seating area needs heat. Lastly, the front seats need to be total power.