Used 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

don't get a sunroof
By smithpointjava

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about the car but the leaky sunroof that Ford can't seem to fix for the life of them. My car has been in the shop 4 times (soon to be the 5th) for the same leak that comes through the the over head console.

Favorite Features

heated seats, sync

Suggested Improvements

sunroof reconstruction

Company Car
By IndyOkie

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My V6 SE replaced a 05 Ford Taurus, which replaced a 03 Ford Taurus. This is light years from Taurus in dynamics for handleing and ride control. Also for compairson, a Steller step from what I had with a 98 Ford Contour Sport. I drive this car hard and can only list dealer unable to balance new replacment tires ( same brand and size as stock ) as the only fault in 23 months and 60,500 miles...Quite a car and worth a look over a Camry or Accord

Favorite Features

Power is much more than many expect, you can suprize folks at a stoplight or in the passenger seat.

Suggested Improvements

Looking at the 2010 models, all the suggestions I could have given Ford look like they already knew about

I can't believe I bought a Ford!
By Steve

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I typically bought Audi's, Bmw's, VW's, I haven't bought a US car for quite a few years. I test drived a couple of US cars and decieded to by this Fusion. I now have had it for 2 months and I am still impressed with it. I like the looks, the power, and the options it has. It handles very good. Even in the snow. Ford makes a nice car in the fusion. I would recommend it to anyone.

Favorite Features

Style, Performance, Nice Wheels, Stereo, Handeling, Climate control, cup holders are in nice places. I love the 6 speed transmittion.

Suggested Improvements

My main complains is fuel milage, you would think with a 6 speed auto, the mileage would be better. I also feel the road noise could be improved. There should be more insulation in the floors, and doors. The rear seating area needs heat. Lastly, the front seats need to be total power.

FORD FUSION
By MASS

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We took out ford on vacation last Sept. and drove 3700 miles. At 75 mph we were getting around 29 miles to the gallon. I never got a worry from riding. We use to have a Honda Accord EX and 600 mile trips were hard to handle on comfort. Great car Ford! My wife loves it.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, Stero system, comfort when driving.

I'm loving it!!!
By Rhe

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

By far a better value than the Honda/Toyota counterparts! SYNC, heated LEATHER seats, sleek interior/exterior, flat folding front right seat, drives & handles well, I could go on and on. For MORE money Honda & Toyota both offer FEWER features. I loved my Focus and I ADORE my Fusion. At the end of the day I always end up buying Ford and am not disappointed.

Favorite Features

The butt warmers & SYNC! LOVE IT!!!! Never thought I'd be able to afford either.

Suggested Improvements

SYNC-It reads text messages, but it would be really neat if you could dictate your text response through SYNC as well.