2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Chevy man converted
By truckinkjm on 12/15/08 06:41 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford and I must say this is the most trouble free new car I've ever had. But first let me point out a few things that bother me a little. First I find the headroom is too low. I'm 5' 10" and my head is about a inch and 1/2 from the roof. No standard auto headlights, no standard outside temp, no standard traction control. The headlight switch down too low on the dash and so are fan and temp. switches. But that aside this is a great car very reliable and fun to drive. I highly recommend this car.

Great Ford
By bas on 11/22/08 09:04 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. No problems so far. Good fuel economy. Responsive engine with 5 speed manual. Handling is superb. Why waste several thousand more on a Toyota or Honda?

It's a Ford!
By Glueman on 11/20/08 12:47 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought dealer loaner car used with low miles and certified for 6 years. Have driven as a rental. This is the best car we have ever own in 30 years. Looked at all cars that compete with Fusion. This car compares well and is priced lower than anything else except Hyundai on price. Reliability is rated very high and no major recalls. Go easy on gas petal and the Fusion does amazingly well on gas, up to 35mpg on freeway! 4 cyl. more than enough to get this midsized car going. Love it! When it's time to replace my 01' VW Golf I'll be looking at the Fusion hybrid in the future.

What can I say? I'm totally impressed!
By ccf on 10/22/08 03:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My partner has a 07 Accord and was very skeptical when I insisted on buying this car. Now, he's wanting to borrow my car to run errands! Overall quality is wonderful, the SYNC is great, and it has a much better ride than his Accord. The best part? Dependability! His Accord has been in the shop seven times in the past year, twice within the first month, the back window and cruise control stopped working. And the very best part? The deal! 0% interest and financed for only 36 months, my payment is still under $550 and in 3 years she's all mine! His Accord is financed for five years and still has a higher payment with fewer features at 4.5% and we both have great credit!

Great car
By Ella on 09/20/08 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I was used to driving a Subaru. I was a bit shy of buying this vehicle at first. After 4 months, I am glad I choose this car. It handles well and gas mileage is good 24-27 with local travel. I have been to the beach and back about 600 miles one way. It performed great and lots of positve comments. So all you Subaru lovers try the Fusion AWD.

Crash test
By kat08 on 09/13/08 09:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After much research 2 months ago we puchased our first new car in 20 years. I loved the car! The features, comfort, gas milage (up to 35. But the the very best we were in a multiple car accident and hit from the rear at 45mph with absolutley no bodily injury or even sore muscles. The vehicle is a total loss but it did it's job we are all OK. I can't talk up the safety enough. Now we get to fight for another one. I really loved the car we test drove the Toyota Camry, Mazada 6, Volkswagen Jetta, Chevy Malibu and Saturn Aura before we decided on the fusion. We used the market value sheet from this website to negotiate the sales price. It worked wonders, they actuallly beat that price.

Great Car, Competes with Imports
By Third Ford on 09/06/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

While we didn't intend to buy a Ford, we stopped at the dealership because it was on our way to our next stop. My wife loved the car, especially the parking assist. It compared favorably with the competition, and was much more affordable. So far, it seems sturdy and of good quality. It is fun to drive for most general use, including taking children to college. It is hard to get over the past image of Ford, but this car is a winner and certainly deserves very serious consideration. The only areas needing improvement are the night mirror (too much reflection from the map light fixture), and it is a little underpowered. The I-4 is fine for most uses, but if you can afford the V-6, get it.

I love this car
By judy g on 09/04/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car 2 weeks ago and I love it. Test drove many others and kept coming back to the Fusion. I am currently coming out of a Camry and I was afraid that I would be disappointed in the quality of another brand, I couldnt have been more wrong. I am more than impressed with everything about this vehicle. I went with the v6 and glad that I did, for the difference in mileage from a 4 cyl, it's nice to know that you have the power if you need it and the engine noise is much more quieter.

Loving My Fusion!
By Karen on 08/31/08 12:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford and I could not have made a better choice. I traded in my '02 Jeep Liberty Renegade for the Fusion. Great gas mileage, roomy and comfortable interior and sporty exterior. I have had it 2 weeks and absolutely love it. Almost bought a Pontiac G6, but called my brother before driving it off the lot - he told me to check out the Fusion before I signed any papers - thank goodness I called him! Found out later that the G6 ranked #20 out of 23 cars and Fusion ranked #4. So many great features at such a low cost - couldn't believe all the standard equipment. Excellent safety rating. I can't stay out of it! I absolutely love it!

Gets better every day !
By A.R. Bowen on 08/31/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My original review was only a week or so after I purchased the car, but now with almost 4 months and 5K miles, I have a better feeling for it now. First of all let me say - I am an avid auto enthusiast and have owned over 30 cars in my 30 years of driving. I originally liked the car a lot, now I love it! Have gotten numerous compliments on it. Vapor silver with the 18" wheels and black/red interior is awesome! The best attribute is the handling. Handles almost as well as my previous Nissan Sentra SER's but has 100% better ride quality. If this car had another 50 - 75 HP , I would be in auto heaven. Upgraded audiophile package is superb! Ford skeptics - drive this car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.