Used 2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews - 148 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

The best car I'd never considered
By Kung

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our 1997 Taurus finally had one too many malfunctions; so we set out to look for a new vehicle. I ran across a review here on Edmund's stating that Fusions are fairly reliable. Further research bore that out; and we bought a 2008 Fusion, 25K miles, I-4/auto, SE package, with warranty and other extras (backup sensors) for exactly $12K. We are VERY pleased. I've only owned it a week, so reliability reports will be coming in the future; but it rides VERY smoothly, accelerates surprisingly fast for a 4-banger, and fit and finish are definitely a notch above for Ford. Sound system (with 6-disc MP3 changer) is more than sufficient, and the car has plenty of cup holders. :D VERY satisfied.

Fit and finish, features, projected reliability, mileage (worst so far is 28 MPG).

Possibly add a few more HP to the engine, make the SYNC package able to be retrofitted. The I-4 is slightly buzzy, but hey, it's a 4-banger.

GM Convert
By fjallion

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned and driven Pontiacs for the past 15 years. My last one died recently (357,000 miles). Knowing I couldn't get another and recently being located at a Ford plant, I decided to consider a Ford. Test drove an 08 SEL V6 Fusion. Fell in love immediately. Solid car, lots of power and very comfy. Came with a ton of goodies. Liking the SYNC more each day.

6 disc CD changer/MP3 player, Sync

Fuel econ. could be better, avg 25 mpg. but this sees a lot of 75mph e- way. Locate USB port more openly.

Must have gotten a LEMON!!!
By Stacey

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Every 4 months in the shop for repairs. Ball joints, serpentine belt, Idler pully, Wheel bearings and casing, heater blower, timing belt and pulley system for timing belt all repairs in lest than 2 years. I have 52,00 miles on it so it is very frustrating. All repairs happened before 36,000 miles except for the Idler pulley and serpentine belt that just went bad on 2/10/10. No luck what so ever with this car. Not the best gas mileage in the winter, and sync radio doesn't stay synced like it should. It is so hard to hear that so many people have had no problems and they love their car,I really with I could say the same because without all the repairs the car would be great!

Steering Wheel controls, Back up sensors are great! Sync is great when it works right.

Have a separate key and key fob. Auto lights on/off on all makes of fusions. More head room all over.

Best car I have ever owned
By crocky66

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is amazing. It makes driving enjoyable. The handling is smooth and easy. The ride is quiet and comfortable. The extra features like synch and heated outside mirrors are very handy. This car shows that Ford is committed to improving their quality and public perception. I am getting better fuel economy than the epa ratings say you will. On the highway I am getting 32 mpg and overall its around 26 mpg. Adequate horsepower and torque for a family sedan along with style that I consider to be second to none in its class made this a no brainer for me. Very highly rated by consumer reporting agencies for excellent quality and reliability. Love my Fusion! Everyone compliments me on my ride.

Synch, tire pressure monitors, auto dimming on rearview mirror, heated outside mirrors, digital heating/cooling controls, bluetooth connectivity, fog lights...

Traction control and stability control needs to be standard, which it is in the new models. We did test four cylinder fusions and they didn't have any pep or get up. The 2010 inline fours have more zip though. Overall, I can't think of much to improve as Ford is way ahead of me.

I Love it!
By CH

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I LOVE my 2008 Fusion which I purchased with 38k miles. I love the performance, ride, SYNC is fantastic, the styling of the car and especially the solid feel. Never had a problem with the Ford and they're still much in demand today. I expect to have years of pleasurable driving in my Fusion.

SYNC is my number one favorite feature. Being in sales and spending lots of time in my car this is a wonderful technology. Styling is great - I have the V6 SEL with sunroof and spoiler. Smooth, quiet ride and V6 acceleration are also much appreciated.

At this time I cannot think of any suggested improvements. Rearward vision is not the best but this is a result of the body styling more than anything else but I'm happy to live with it given the nice lines of the car.