Used 2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Best car I have ever owned
By crocky66

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is amazing. It makes driving enjoyable. The handling is smooth and easy. The ride is quiet and comfortable. The extra features like synch and heated outside mirrors are very handy. This car shows that Ford is committed to improving their quality and public perception. I am getting better fuel economy than the epa ratings say you will. On the highway I am getting 32 mpg and overall its around 26 mpg. Adequate horsepower and torque for a family sedan along with style that I consider to be second to none in its class made this a no brainer for me. Very highly rated by consumer reporting agencies for excellent quality and reliability. Love my Fusion! Everyone compliments me on my ride.

Favorite Features

Synch, tire pressure monitors, auto dimming on rearview mirror, heated outside mirrors, digital heating/cooling controls, bluetooth connectivity, fog lights...

Suggested Improvements

Traction control and stability control needs to be standard, which it is in the new models. We did test four cylinder fusions and they didn't have any pep or get up. The 2010 inline fours have more zip though. Overall, I can't think of much to improve as Ford is way ahead of me.

I Love it!
By CH

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I LOVE my 2008 Fusion which I purchased with 38k miles. I love the performance, ride, SYNC is fantastic, the styling of the car and especially the solid feel. Never had a problem with the Ford and they're still much in demand today. I expect to have years of pleasurable driving in my Fusion.

Favorite Features

SYNC is my number one favorite feature. Being in sales and spending lots of time in my car this is a wonderful technology. Styling is great - I have the V6 SEL with sunroof and spoiler. Smooth, quiet ride and V6 acceleration are also much appreciated.

Suggested Improvements

At this time I cannot think of any suggested improvements. Rearward vision is not the best but this is a result of the body styling more than anything else but I'm happy to live with it given the nice lines of the car.

I love the ford fusion
By naterater

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have 34,000 miles on my fusion and it still runs and looks great i recentlu took it on a 600 mile road trip and it handled great. i was impressed how it handled and accelerated on the heavy traffic highways. I got good gas mileage as well. I enjoy the fusion and think ford did a good job. only problem i am having is a ticking sound whrnever i run the air and heat but im sure its an easy fix and still under warranty but i totally reccomend this car to anyone. its just a fun clean looking car and the premium sound package is amazing

Favorite Features

comfortable sold ride. i got the I4 SE and it actually has a little umph to it people as well as myself love yhe ambient/mood lighting what a nice feature

Suggested Improvements

i dont like how the door panels rattle a little bit with the bass ford needs to do something about that and i'm sure it wouldnt take much to improve

Better than an Accord.
By Peter

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car because I got to a choice between an Accord or the Fusion. The Fusion won because it was more economic and had better trunk space. The first day I loaded it with tons of stuff and that was amazing. My kids loved the back seat as well.

Favorite Features

Large trunk. It has get up and go when needed.

Suggested Improvements

Already done on the 2010.

a can-do car
By altinnova

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a dealer demo with 4000 miles on the odometer almost one year ago, and have no regrets. We were looking for a mid-size sedan that could accomodate five adults and their luggage comfortably and that would handle well on snowy and icy roads. The 2008 Fusion fits the bill. Ride is smooth and quiet. Handling is effortless. Very responsive brakes. Took the car out a month ago after a monster snowstorm (18"), and the car absolutely refused to slide around (NB: my Fusion came with Continental all-weather tires). Many other drivers got stuck on the back roads, but the Fusion kept on going. High back limits rear view a bit. Only getting 22 mpg, but we live in a city.

Favorite Features

Roomy trunk, ABS, MPG and "miles-to- empty" options on the odometer

Suggested Improvements

reduce blind spots in back and driver side, improve fuel economy