2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Some Good. Some not so Good
By Jim W. on 02/17/08 21:21 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with the seats in the sports appearance package and forgot to check the firmness of the sports tuned suspension. If I could get the harsh ride softened a bit, I would. This car looks great, is roomy, has many thoughtful features, but it has some flaws too. Some controls feel flimsy and cheap (seat recline lever, light switch, HVAC control, outside door handles) Seats are very comfy and supportive, and as I said they look great with black leather, and black/red cloth inserts. The engine lacks pick-up, and doesn't seem enthusiastic. Fuel economy so far (at two weeks ownership) is about 19mpg. Hope this improves. However, this car was very well priced and nicely appointed.

Ford swayed me from Imports
By FindlayFusion on 02/10/08 06:40 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I admit it. I'm an Import car man. I have always liked the European and Japanese way of making cars. Tight, solid, good handling & performance, decent styling. However, Ford won my heart with this car. I looked at everything available from every manufacturer and in my opinion, nothing came close to the Fusion for value. I love my car's styling. It's striking whereas to my eye, the Japanese and European cars have all the same styling excitement of a toaster. The fit, finish, and build quality is excellent. The ride & handling, standard features, options and comfort of this car is really very very good. I am 42 and finally I am truly excited and proud of my new American car!

20087 Fusion is surprising
By ss100x on 01/21/08 23:43 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I downsized from a Lincoln Town Car to get better gas mileage. The Fusion 4 CYL with the 5 speed auto gets me 33MPG on the highway - 5 more than the EPA rating. It is quiet, sporty, excellent build quality and has many surprising features that you don't expect on a car in this price class

Fusion Fan
By Fusion Fan on 10/04/07 10:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have the Fusion for 2 weeks now and I love the car! Great to drive, great to look at. I have the red color which everyone loves! I'm getting 24MPG in everyday driving with the I-4. I feel that this engine has plenty of power. Great leg room in front and in the back too!

Fusion Summary
By Arthur on the Bay on 07/28/07 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I'm a person who buys a lot of cars to try them out and compare. I've found that the Fusion hits a sweet spot for me with a combination of performance, handling, and economy that's hard to beat. I like to drive hard and the Fusion is very responsive. The inline four winds out nicely, the understeer is predicable, and the brakes are good. Its truly a hoot to push on a country road. Fuel economy in evenly mixed city and highway driving is 23 mpg when pushed and 25 at normal acceleration. The comfort level is high; it's essentially a Mazda6 in American clothes. Only the Accord is better and its slightly higher refinement is not worth the higher price to me.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.