2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Hopefully a new direction for Ford
By kfnavitas on 03/28/09 09:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So I am writing this as a new buyer and plan to add to...as I progress with the car. So far the vehicle has performed well and gets very good gas mileage for it's size. Build quality is quite good for Ford seeing am used to my families Volvo's and Audi's. The only bothersome thing with this car is it has seemingly NO torque... I have to push the car to at least past 1500 to get it to move...anyway the car is nice on the highway and easily the best part is the quality of the ride and almost non-existent body roll, steering is quick and responsive...as I said I plan to keep adding as the miles add on...good job Ford US (uk models are much better)I never thought i would be saying that...

Reinstated my faith in American cars.
By hobbie2k on 03/20/09 00:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A true American competitor to the import mid-sizers. And Ford only needed to borrow a Mazda platform to make it happen. The car is roomy, comfortable, has decent material and build quality (though there are a few warts), and is somewhat fun to drive with a manual transmission. It doesn't beg to be driven hard like an Altima, and isn't as refined as the Accord, but still drives good and looks great. SYNC is a brilliant system, but I am having issues using a thumb drive to store music that Ford can't seem to solve. The engine is smooth and revs well, but it feels a little underpowered and is a little bit too noisy at highway speeds. My mileage is 27mpg mixed.

Disappointing Performance
By GingerDay on 03/17/09 09:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have used the car to commute 50 miles to Boston everyday. I anticipated the lack of power from my Olds Intrigue, but nothing like what I have experienced. The car has difficulty shifting our of first gear when it's cold (engine cold, not weather cold). When slowing from 65 miles an hour to negotiate toll boothes, the speed up is jerky and loud. When braking on exit ramps and having to merge, the same performance, it chokes on acceleration. I drove a Mazda 6, also a 4 cyl 5 speed, and its pep and response far outweighs the Fusion. I'm afraid to take the car far from home, it randomly just wont shift out of first gear easily when you need power to move forward from a stop.

Great Car!
By Happy Owner on 02/06/09 16:54 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this vehicle to whomever wants to be pleased with their purchase and price. I have had no problems with this car and love driving it. I've gone on a few long trips and had a nice, comfortable drive. It rides very smooth. I get really good gas mileage 25 in town and 33 on the highway. Go out and get this car if you are questioning it.

Awesome Car!
By Allan on 02/02/09 11:12 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ford has built a great car. I also own a 2005 Honda Accord, and the quality of the fusion is the same or better. You get more standard equipment for the price compared to the competition. Definitely consider the Ford Fusion if you are in the market to purchase a mid-size family car.

So far so good
By John on 01/27/09 14:55 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my first new car after nearly 40 years behind the wheel to take advantage of bargains. Found the Fusion to be a good fit when gussied up with a moon roof. Very well handling as two deer can testify in my first week of driving it. I expected better gas mileage than 22.5, but it gets 30 on the interstates. Overall, this is a reason I will go to Ford first when buying my next car. My previous experiences with GM and Chrysler had me looking across the ocean for my next car; a serious problem for a union man and economic nationalist.

2 Fusions Both Great
By Tom on 01/04/09 17:38 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Fusion first was an 06 SEL I4 5m, now I lease 08 SEL I4 5m with sport package. Both cars are excellent vehicles ride and drive is great, excellent room and storage. I also got the Audiophile stereo and it sounds great. My new car has Sync, this is a great option that I highly recommend. I am a mechanic and I can tell you that this is hands down the best car Ford as built in the 22 years I have been working on them.

Superb all-around car
By 1cewolf on 01/02/09 15:20 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had my eye on the new Malibu, but after looking it over in person I was a little disappointed. It was expensive, even used, and it felt unpolished in certain aspects. The Fusion I ended up buying came out to only $14k after taxes and trade-in (my old banged-up '99 Cavalier) and has the Sport Appearance package w/black & red leather seats, Moon & Tune package, Sync, auto-dimming rear mirror, and rear parking sensors...and only 7,000 miles. It's got a 5/5 JD Power reliability rating, so assuming that everything holds up, I'm convinced that the Fusion is one of the best values around. The Sport Appearance Package gives it an aggressive, masculine look that I really like.

I never thought I'd own or love a Ford!
By Happy Customer on 12/28/08 22:50 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is an amazing car that I almost passed up just because it's a Ford! All model years came up in "Most Reliable Car" lists during my research on other cars, so I took it for a test drive and love how smoothly it handles-like a Subaru with the appearance of a Lexus and the inside comfort of a much more expensive car (large,comfy seats). It feels sturdy and safe, and is very quiet. I'd never heard of Sync but love it-- I tell my car to "Call Home" and it does. I would definitely consider another Fusion. Best car in its class w/more features at a cheaper price than a Toyota. A lot of car for the money! I never thought I could afford something so nice brand new.

Best car I've ever owned
By bdr on 12/18/08 07:28 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for around 5 months and have had no problems and a ton of peole saying how much they loves this car the engine has tons of power with good gas mileage even without the AWD it does amazing in the New York winters traded it for my unreliable Camery with crappy headgaskets and transmission this car is awesome and also it was a few thousand less than all the media cars (Toyota Honda). Highly recommend best car for your money

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.