2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Ford built a Honda beater
By murdog on 05/03/08 04:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fusion with the intent of parking my fullsize truck. I went for the 4cyl with a stick. And a moon roof, as well as the audiophile stereo. Great car on the highway averaging 31.5mpg HWY. I tested the Accord and equally equipped it was $10K more than my fusion. for $10 grand I will give up 190HP. After 7 years solidly in the Chevy camp I am happily moving back to the Ford one. The price style and fuel economy not to mention the 2.3L for its never quit attitude. Keep it up Ford.

Fusion
By BHagar on 04/28/08 13:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just recently purchased a Fusion. Traded in a truck for fuel mileage. Family loves the new car and I love the savings. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Great car value
By Fusionator on 04/22/08 20:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This care is absolutely one of the best deals around for the price. The rebates Ford gives right now are amazing, I got $3500 back. It may not have the interior of a BMW, but it doesn't have the sticker either. The car is absolutely wonderful, shifting is very easy and smooth. Looks like a luxury car, drives like one too.

Great car for the price
By Htein on 04/21/08 04:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a choice between going with 07 SEL w/ leather & spoiler and a 08 SE for the same price. I went with the 08 SE since it had better safety ratings. The car is beautiful on the outside and inside. The only few points off is: 1) the plastic inside look somewhat cheap, especially noticeable at the fan grilles. 2) the phone bluetooth button does not work without sync, which I did not know otherwise I would have bought a model with sync. (I never asked) The maintenance is nice, oil schedule is every 7500 which is a plus from every 3000 miles that I'm used to. The car handles and rides very smoothly. It's power output is definitely better than our other 4cyl Saturn.

Fusion = Fun, Function, & Style
By Tom Reece on 04/12/08 07:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Glad I happened to stop by the Ford dealer after shopping the usual far- east candidates. The Fusion's design, quality, and finish and on par with the competition and a quantum leap from my wife's 04 Mustang. 4-cyl motor and five speed auto trans are a good combination with decent power (25 mpg), and are smoother and quieter than the powertrain of my 06 Honda Element. The chassis delivers a combination of great ride and sharp handling. Highway speeds are quiet, and the sound system delivers subtle symphony notes to my 50 year-old ears at 70 mph! Styling is classy and distinctive-I really like just looking at it! Price plus incentives make the Fusion by far the best value in the segment.

Ford wins again!
By Mike on 04/09/08 15:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After spending a few weeks test driving several small to medium sized sedans from Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Mazda I decided to run by a local Ford dealership to try out the Fusion after reading a few good reviews online. The first model I tried out was an SEL, but it was from the first 2008 production run so it didn't have sync on it. We found an SE model that had Sync and also featured the sports appearance package. I've been driving it for almost 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it. And after all the "test drives" that I've taken my friends and coworkers on, I'm sure that there will be quite a few more Ford converts in the future.

I love my Fusion
By spybgl on 03/28/08 07:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded in my 2004 Ford F150 for a 2008 Fusion 4cyl SE. I dont miss the V8 like I though I would, but i love my current fuel economy. The 4cyl engine has a lot of power considering the size. Great overall comfort too. Almost got leather, but didnt really need it. Handles great in traffic and on the curves.

Great deal!
By mwv on 03/14/08 22:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was planning to buy a certified '05 Accord LX with 30k miles from the local Honda dealer to replace my trouble-free '97 Accord, but bought a new '08 Fusion SE instead. The Fusion has a lot more stuff - leather, alloy wheels, 6x CD, trip computer, etc. and gets as good or better reliability ratings. Gas mileage is already as good as the '97 Accord in daily commute. Couldn't get the Honda dealer to give much discount on the Accord, but got a great deal on the Fusion. With the incentive from Ford, it was within $1000 of the price of the '05 Accord. Easy decision.

Ford build a car to compete in Europe
By Bill Stammers on 03/14/08 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As an Englishman living in Canada, having to travel 80k to work 5 days a week, after a lot of research I settled for the Fusion, my wife had a 2004 Focus Wagon and that was really reliable so that influenced my choice, test drove a used Mazda6 which I found really good but had rust problems. The Fusion is excellent the gearbox a delight, the engine so,so flexible, comfort superb, only fault is the special spare which are really useless in rural Canada, we have to cover such vast distances they are impractical at certain times. I have not got SYNC but really pleased with the 6 CD changer and sound system, up to my move to Canada, I have always driven Volvos, this Fusion compares favourably

Happy!
By Lou on 03/13/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Having just come from driving an 8- cylinder Ford Explorer for the past 5 years, I was a little apprehensive about moving to a 4-cylinder vehicle. With gas prices being what they are, it seemed like the thing to do. I purchased a red Fusion (pretty color), SE package, leather seats, 6- changer CD with a Moon & Tune package. I'm much happier with the car than I thought I would be. It's roomy, it's comfortable and it's got plenty of power. It's never going feel like a V8, but it's more than I need to get back and forth to work. The Fusion made downsizing bearable without paying the Honda or Accord prices. I got much more for my money than I anticipated.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.