Used 2008 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Superb all-around car
By 1cewolf

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had my eye on the new Malibu, but after looking it over in person I was a little disappointed. It was expensive, even used, and it felt unpolished in certain aspects. The Fusion I ended up buying came out to only $14k after taxes and trade-in (my old banged-up '99 Cavalier) and has the Sport Appearance package w/black & red leather seats, Moon & Tune package, Sync, auto-dimming rear mirror, and rear parking sensors...and only 7,000 miles. It's got a 5/5 JD Power reliability rating, so assuming that everything holds up, I'm convinced that the Fusion is one of the best values around. The Sport Appearance Package gives it an aggressive, masculine look that I really like.

Ride is quiet, sporty w/o being too rough, and it's so much fun to drive. Exterior is slick and sophisticated. Interior is roomy and comfortable, love the seats. Stereo sounds great. SYNC rocks and Ford's going to keep releasing stuff for it for free! Parking assist makes things much easier.

More horses in the 4-banger; it's certainly gets the job done but could be stronger. Rear visibility with spoiler is limited, so I recommend getting the rear parking sensors to compensate. Replace low tire pressure alert with tire pressure monitoring system like the Malibu.

Chevy man converted
By truckinkjm

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford and I must say this is the most trouble free new car I've ever had. But first let me point out a few things that bother me a little. First I find the headroom is too low. I'm 5' 10" and my head is about a inch and 1/2 from the roof. No standard auto headlights, no standard outside temp, no standard traction control. The headlight switch down too low on the dash and so are fan and temp. switches. But that aside this is a great car very reliable and fun to drive. I highly recommend this car.

Fun to drive, sound system, smooth transmission.

More headroom, more standard equipment, more 4 cyl. power

Great Ford
By bas

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. No problems so far. Good fuel economy. Responsive engine with 5 speed manual. Handling is superb. Why waste several thousand more on a Toyota or Honda?

Fuel economy. Averaging 29mpg with 70% highway 30% city. Very comfortable interior. Excellent handling.

5 speed manual is geared a little low in 5th gear-good for hilly country roads but a bit too much gear for the interstate. Original tires are awful in the snow.

It's a Ford!
By Glueman

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought dealer loaner car used with low miles and certified for 6 years. Have driven as a rental. This is the best car we have ever own in 30 years. Looked at all cars that compete with Fusion. This car compares well and is priced lower than anything else except Hyundai on price. Reliability is rated very high and no major recalls. Go easy on gas petal and the Fusion does amazingly well on gas, up to 35mpg on freeway! 4 cyl. more than enough to get this midsized car going. Love it! When it's time to replace my 01' VW Golf I'll be looking at the Fusion hybrid in the future.

SE nicely equipped. Comfortable, quiet & excellent ride. Steering wheel mounted controls. Telescoping steering wheel. understated dashboard is clean and uncluttered. Great stock stereo.

Blind spots take a little bit to get use to. Mounting place for GPS other than windshield. Blinker stock could be lower. Standard splash guards would be nice.

What can I say? I'm totally impressed!
By ccf

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My partner has a 07 Accord and was very skeptical when I insisted on buying this car. Now, he's wanting to borrow my car to run errands! Overall quality is wonderful, the SYNC is great, and it has a much better ride than his Accord. The best part? Dependability! His Accord has been in the shop seven times in the past year, twice within the first month, the back window and cruise control stopped working. And the very best part? The deal! 0% interest and financed for only 36 months, my payment is still under $550 and in 3 years she's all mine! His Accord is financed for five years and still has a higher payment with fewer features at 4.5% and we both have great credit!

SYNC, trunk space, ride quality, dependability.

The I4 automatic is a bit sluggish but I can live with it. I'm driving, not qualifying!