Used 2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

A College Student's Saving Grace
By Ben

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As a college student, I need something reliable and economic to get me from home to school. A 158K 1999 Explorer wouldn't cut it, so I received the family Fusion after it was replaced by a 2010 Mustang V6. One word really sums up the Fusion: UNEXPECTED. Perhaps it was the change from an SUV to a sedan, but I have been duly impressed. You wouldn't think a 160 HP FWD sedan would really pack a punch, but the Fusion can go in a hurry if you wanted it to. This car has been so much fun to drive, I've been having a hard time maxing out the mileage, which has been as high as 31 HWY/MPG. The 56,000 miles without any repairs has also minimized expenditures, making this Fusion a big win for me.

Black leather seats with red inserts, 18" alloy wheels (this is all with the sports appearance package). Great factory sound system. Throttle response, crisp shifter (5-speed manual), quick pedals. Above all, a fun car to drive!

While the seats are comfortable and stylish, the rest of the interior is covered with PLASTIC! It all LOOKS nice, but after driving for a while, you will hear the plastic pieces rubbing against each other. Very annoying. But, that's what music's for, right?

My ride
By Jonny

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Pros- This car looks great and handles very well. With a 6 speed auto trans its not too bad on gas with a 3.0 in city i get about 22 mpg. Cons- Replaced Wheel bearing $300 bill at 38,000 miles and battery with two years of manuf. date, not too bad but they came at the worse time when money was very tight. Because money is tight i am selling my car but i hopes of one day owning another fusion this has been a fun, fast, sexy looking car from the start letting go is going to be one of the hardest things i do IF i can do it. I would highly suggest this car if you're looking for something all round these are here to stay. (did hurt my back at first tho) and the inside feels cheap

clock lights up, smooth ride, informative dash, cheap repair, will last, fast

i would stay strong wheel bearings but i did hit a pothole very hard, but better battery $110 expense on a car not even 2 years old

Everything's Great Except the MPG
By Mark H.

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a 2008 Fusion SEL V6 used with 30K miles on it (my first American car, only Honda and Toyotas before this). Great looking car, great performance, plenty of power, very nice amenities. Time will tell on the reliability. My only beef with this car is the gas mileage. I don't know how in the world people here are stating they get 25 to 32 MPG out of this V6 unless that is going 65 mph on cruise control without AC running. I am getting a horrible 19- 21 MPG with mixed city/highway driving and I drive it very easily, rarely floor it or fully utilize the V6. I will probably get an accord when I pay this off just because of the poor gas mileage.

Looks, leather, wheels/tires, MS Synch.

Needs a more efficient V6 engine.

Bad motor at 17k miles.
By ranger59

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle is overall a nicely styled car that handles well. Mileage is in the low to mid 20s depending on the time of year. The motor was replaced do to a factory defect of the engine block that an caused oil leak. The dealer did a great job helping me out with the problem. The big issue is that Ford will only pay for a re-manufactured engine after the first 12k miles. What a bunch of bull! I believe that at that few miles I should have got a new crate engine.

Car has nice styling, drives well, and the mileage is pretty good for an awd car. Comfort level is good.

Need better quality control over engine assembly. You have to buy the top of the line SLE package to get some items such as dual temperature controls and compass/outside temperature reading.

08' Fusion SEL
By vilstb

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Thanks to my in depth review from this exact site I purchased my 08 Fusion in August 2009. I have put 25K on the Fusion since and the car has been flawless. Talk about headache free, sporty style, and great MPG with the 3.0 L. (24-30 hwy/city) Ford has really changed their image and it has definitely changed my mind about there business. I'm 25 years old and can genuinely say I believe the new styles are eye catching for my generation. Ford has me hooked!

Interior, Sporty