2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Great Car, Competes with Imports
By Third Ford on 09/06/08 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

While we didn't intend to buy a Ford, we stopped at the dealership because it was on our way to our next stop. My wife loved the car, especially the parking assist. It compared favorably with the competition, and was much more affordable. So far, it seems sturdy and of good quality. It is fun to drive for most general use, including taking children to college. It is hard to get over the past image of Ford, but this car is a winner and certainly deserves very serious consideration. The only areas needing improvement are the night mirror (too much reflection from the map light fixture), and it is a little underpowered. The I-4 is fine for most uses, but if you can afford the V-6, get it.

Loving My Fusion!
By Karen on 08/31/08 12:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford and I could not have made a better choice. I traded in my '02 Jeep Liberty Renegade for the Fusion. Great gas mileage, roomy and comfortable interior and sporty exterior. I have had it 2 weeks and absolutely love it. Almost bought a Pontiac G6, but called my brother before driving it off the lot - he told me to check out the Fusion before I signed any papers - thank goodness I called him! Found out later that the G6 ranked #20 out of 23 cars and Fusion ranked #4. So many great features at such a low cost - couldn't believe all the standard equipment. Excellent safety rating. I can't stay out of it! I absolutely love it!

Gets better every day !
By A.R. Bowen on 08/31/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My original review was only a week or so after I purchased the car, but now with almost 4 months and 5K miles, I have a better feeling for it now. First of all let me say - I am an avid auto enthusiast and have owned over 30 cars in my 30 years of driving. I originally liked the car a lot, now I love it! Have gotten numerous compliments on it. Vapor silver with the 18" wheels and black/red interior is awesome! The best attribute is the handling. Handles almost as well as my previous Nissan Sentra SER's but has 100% better ride quality. If this car had another 50 - 75 HP , I would be in auto heaven. Upgraded audiophile package is superb! Ford skeptics - drive this car!

Excellent Car
By Mikey on 08/17/08 18:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Had the car for just over a month. Love the feel, drive, Sync, well everything about the car. My parents own a Buick and they like the ride of my Fusion better.

Love My Fusion
By rick88240 on 08/10/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love the way the car handles. It is stylish and sporty looking. I have the light sage Fusion and it is a beautiful car. The car gets 21 mpg in town and on the highway I set the cruise at 60 and get just a little over 36 mpg. The trunk is large which is good for long extended trips. The interior is well designed and the seating is comfortable. The price was fantastic for such an amazing car

Sync B Gone
By 2008 Ford Fusion on 08/06/08 22:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Ford Fusion. I loved my 06 Fusion so much, then Ford came out with the Vapor Silver Color. I fell in love. I swore I'd never go back to a domestic car, but the Fusion has been the most well built car I've owned. Excellent handling, cornering, not bad on gas, killer looks with the upgraded pkg. Lots of compliments. Would recommend to 1st time and all other buyers.

Great Car
By Dave on 07/29/08 13:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving a 2006 Mustang GT for nearly 3 years, primarily using it for commuting only. As fun as the Mustang is, the mpg was a killer in so I needed to find something fun to drive that got much better mileage. The Fusion seemed like a good alternative and after driving it, I was convinced. Although I have essentially half the horsepower of the Mustang, this car makes up for it in handling, the way it drives and substantially better gas mileage. I would recommend the Fusion to anyone that is considering an Accord, Camry or Altima. It looks better than the others and the build quality is as good or better.

Impressive given it's import competition
By John Cain on 07/25/08 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I came off of a 2005 F150 Supercrew lease and had been looking at several vehicles. They included the Camry, Accord and Sonata. I also looked at the new Taurus. All fine cars. The Taurus is just huge when compared to the rest. I found the Fusion to be well priced given it's features and reviews. It's quiet, well mannered, and generally a pleasure to drive. The gas mileage is better than rated but then again compared to an F150 almost anything car-like is. The old adage of "have you driven a Ford lately" really drives home the feeling I get with the Fusion. Try one, you just might like it.

Love it!
By 2008 Ford Fusion 5A on 07/22/08 18:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded my 2007 Explorer, have owned this car about 2 weeks and everything has gone OK. The oil filter protector (under the car) got broken in the first 5 days of having it! I don't know how it happened but some how it got snagged by something and broke! Gas mileage is alright, Im only getting 20.6 MPG but being new and mostly stop and go traffic its to be expected. Other than that its fun to drive (love taking those curves at higher speeds) good build quality, though the black interior needs special care or it will dry out and look dry/sun bleached. Have the sport package and the bigger wheels and suspension makes everyday driving a little harder but its great for the value! Overall I love the car!

Nice value.
By dambina on 07/21/08 13:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Honestly, we bought our Fusion because it was priced significantly lower than the Camary and Accord. With just over 4K miles, it has exceded all of our expectations. We've averaged over 23 mpg city and 32 mpg highway, which is a bit better than EPA estimates. It drives quite well and handles very well in traffic and on turns. Our family of four just returned from a week long vacation and we were able to fit comfortably inside with all of our stuff! We've had no problems so far, although SYNC has had bad voice recognition.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.