Used 2008 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

luv my Fusion
By b

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

great car, I4 with manual trans is tons of fun. Fuel economy is great ~34 mpg hwy. Very quick. I was looking at a used 07 A4 for 26000 and found this new 08 Fusion for 14 and change. What a value. Ford is back.

I4 with manual is fantastic- Ford please don't get rid of the manual

addition of a compass and outdoor temperature on the SE model

Surprisingly Happy!
By Very Pleased

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 4-cylinder Fusion in February, 2008 - owned it 1 year and 4 months. Coming from an 8-cylinder Explorer, I am surprised at how pleased I am with a 4-cylinder. Although it does rev up pretty high to get up any speed, it does get up there quickly, and I have no problems keeping up with anyone on the highway. I have not had the first problem with this car. On a trip to FL, got 31 mpg. Can't beat that!

Size, sun roof, 6-changer CD player. Nice extras for the cost, as compared to other sedans we looked at.

None.

Hope she's not totaled!
By Christine

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '08 Fusion in October of last year and I love it more and more every day. It's an amazing car! I opted for the Sport Appearance Package with the 18" wheels and upgraded suspension. It is such a classy looking car, I have people asking me all the time, "What kind of car is that?" or my favorite, "That's a Ford???" It handles beautifully, much better than my last two Focuses. Unfortunately, I was broadsided in it this weekend by a driver going at least 40-45 mph. My Fusion kept myself and my passenger from being seriously injured. 10 for Safety! I'm hoping my insurance company decides she's a keeper and they opt to repair her! If not, I will definitely pick up an '09 Fusion!

Sync, Power everything, stereo, wheels, red stitching, leather seats, I love everything on this car!

Difficult to see out back window when reversing.

Hopefully a new direction for Ford
By kfnavitas

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So I am writing this as a new buyer and plan to add to...as I progress with the car. So far the vehicle has performed well and gets very good gas mileage for it's size. Build quality is quite good for Ford seeing am used to my families Volvo's and Audi's. The only bothersome thing with this car is it has seemingly NO torque... I have to push the car to at least past 1500 to get it to move...anyway the car is nice on the highway and easily the best part is the quality of the ride and almost non-existent body roll, steering is quick and responsive...as I said I plan to keep adding as the miles add on...good job Ford US (uk models are much better)I never thought i would be saying that...

Very easy to use internal controls, 6 disc changer and wheel controls. Excellent ride and steering, styling is unique and different than every other mid-sized sedan out today...

A diesel option in America please...or give the gas engine a little more oomph...then again I have the 4cyl and have never tried the 6cyl, they could be quite different...seats are way to thin in the SE model...

Great Car!
By Happy Owner

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this vehicle to whomever wants to be pleased with their purchase and price. I have had no problems with this car and love driving it. I've gone on a few long trips and had a nice, comfortable drive. It rides very smooth. I get really good gas mileage 25 in town and 33 on the highway. Go out and get this car if you are questioning it.

I love how it handles and the stereo rocks.

I have none at this time.