2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Switched from an accord
By Pete on 06/29/10 11:57 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2006 Accord for this because I needed an automatic transmission (Accord was manual). Enjoying it a lot so far - very comparable to an Accord in feel and handling, quieter road noise, comfortable interior. Highway MPG is great - I was just getting 35 MPG (according to the dashboard) while driving this morning. City MPG is ok, but not great. I haven't tried out the Sync yet, but hopefully it works well. Interior seems a bit roomier than the Accord. I also noticed the poor rear visibility, but it hasn't bothered me too much yet, as I'm comfortable using all my mirrors.

Never a worry
By ANTHONY WALKER on 06/07/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Much better than a Chevy or a Foreign car. Dealer could not have been more helpful. I bought this for my wife to use on the highway for work and the fuel economy and performance are world- class.

A nice surprise
By Kyle on 05/09/10 13:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 Fusion pre-owned 6 months ago, due to being in an accident with my old car. I bought a Suede White SE model with the four cylinder, the Sun and Sound package, and the back-up sensors. So far I am very pleased with my purchase. I bought it with 21k on it, and have since put on 15k problem free miles. My only complaint about the car is the trunk line comes very high and makes it difficult to see out the back window (back-up sensors help!!).

Wxcellent Ford Fusion
By Haydee on 05/05/10 14:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The wisest decision in buying cars is getting Ford Fusion excellent design comparable to Cadillac in the aspect of exterior design and the interior I am very happy having the sync program this is the best car ever for me 6 cd changer heated side mirror and that is excellent also, further it rides good smooth driving in the road good gas mileage maintain city drive to 30 mph and on the expressway from 31 to 34 mph don't know about other people but this magnificent fusion of mine is a gas saver, very roomy cargo space in the trunk and roomy in the back as well I am very proud of my Ford Fusion I always get compliment with my vehicle

Who Would Have Believed!
By Joel J. Carlson on 04/20/10 16:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I am THE last person who would ever thought I would buy a Ford car. After learning to drive in a Granada, I swore never again! I'm glad I talked to owners!! What a great car! I love my Fusion! Power, economy, fun to drive! I will always love my rotary, but for everyday, my Fusion is the choice!

great ford
By ELAW on 04/03/10 19:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the vehicle in jan. So far it's been very dependable I enjoy the SYNC, 6 speed transmisson, exterior styling 6 disc changer. I own a BMW so I was looking for something with power and the fusion has just that. (sel v6 )

The best car I'd never considered
By Kung on 03/16/10 17:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our 1997 Taurus finally had one too many malfunctions; so we set out to look for a new vehicle. I ran across a review here on Edmund's stating that Fusions are fairly reliable. Further research bore that out; and we bought a 2008 Fusion, 25K miles, I-4/auto, SE package, with warranty and other extras (backup sensors) for exactly $12K. We are VERY pleased. I've only owned it a week, so reliability reports will be coming in the future; but it rides VERY smoothly, accelerates surprisingly fast for a 4-banger, and fit and finish are definitely a notch above for Ford. Sound system (with 6-disc MP3 changer) is more than sufficient, and the car has plenty of cup holders. :D VERY satisfied.

GM Convert
By fjallion on 02/26/10 10:02 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned and driven Pontiacs for the past 15 years. My last one died recently (357,000 miles). Knowing I couldn't get another and recently being located at a Ford plant, I decided to consider a Ford. Test drove an 08 SEL V6 Fusion. Fell in love immediately. Solid car, lots of power and very comfy. Came with a ton of goodies. Liking the SYNC more each day.

Must have gotten a LEMON!!!
By Stacey on 02/14/10 15:08 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Every 4 months in the shop for repairs. Ball joints, serpentine belt, Idler pully, Wheel bearings and casing, heater blower, timing belt and pulley system for timing belt all repairs in lest than 2 years. I have 52,00 miles on it so it is very frustrating. All repairs happened before 36,000 miles except for the Idler pulley and serpentine belt that just went bad on 2/10/10. No luck what so ever with this car. Not the best gas mileage in the winter, and sync radio doesn't stay synced like it should. It is so hard to hear that so many people have had no problems and they love their car,I really with I could say the same because without all the repairs the car would be great!

Best car I have ever owned
By crocky66 on 02/10/10 19:49 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This car is amazing. It makes driving enjoyable. The handling is smooth and easy. The ride is quiet and comfortable. The extra features like synch and heated outside mirrors are very handy. This car shows that Ford is committed to improving their quality and public perception. I am getting better fuel economy than the epa ratings say you will. On the highway I am getting 32 mpg and overall its around 26 mpg. Adequate horsepower and torque for a family sedan along with style that I consider to be second to none in its class made this a no brainer for me. Very highly rated by consumer reporting agencies for excellent quality and reliability. Love my Fusion! Everyone compliments me on my ride.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Fusion in WA is:

$164 per month*