Used 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Not what I expected
By dmw82

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

When I saw this car come out in 2006, it stole my heart! Traded in my 2007 ford focus for a 2008 fusion. The first three years of having the car was great. By the fourth year things started going on the car. The leather was ripping and noticed harsh shiffting. Come to find out there is a problem with the valve body which is inside the transmission. Then my ac went in the car. Had to replace the air temperature sensor, evaporator core, and heater core. In Florida you can't be without ac. Total cost was $1600.00. Now looking for a diffferent car and it won't be a ford. Thats why they nicknamed Ford (Fix Or Repair Daily)!

Automatic lights, aux plug, controls are all reach for driver, big trunk.

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED!
By bmerrr06

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We got this car new in 2008. Ford was so confident in the car's performance they gave us a 5 year or 100,000 mile warranty on it! My wife put over 20k miles on it a year and it never had a problem except battery went out at 80k miles. The car is awesome on gas 30 mpg highway and like 27 city. Even with 89,000 miles we got 8k for trade in. I am not typically a big fan of American sedans but this car was roomy, reliable, inexpensive, maneuvered well, and out-performed my expectations! I would def buy another someday :)

Gas mileage and reliability

Darker interior, we were not happy with a tan interior and many of their colors have the tan interior....

Very impressed so far!!
By benzcrazy1

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased a 2008 Fusion SE with 44k miles from the dealer that I work at. I own 5 cars already so trying to find number 6, I was going to be picky, this was going to be my daily driver but I wanted to have something fun, reliable but efficient. I am completely impressed with everything so far! The gas milage is great! so far its staying right around 25. It is so comfortable and fun and easy to drive as well! Amazing trunk space and such a smooth ride, almost as equal as my Mercedes! I am a huge Ford truck guy but never thought much about their cars, I am definitely converted! Great job Ford!! You definitely reeled me in with this one!

The reliability, look, comfort, mpg, the list goes on and on!!

The headlight switch is a little too far down on the dash.

Nice surprise from US brand auto
By bruceocala

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car in May. I thought I'd buy Camry again, but got this Fusion w/automatic trans. It was cheaper than Camry and frankly fit me - a big guy - like a glove. So far, smart move. It has some dumb little design annoyances, but the conveniences outweigh them. It's as economical and reliable as a Camry, offering more space in leg room, overhead, front area storage, back seat seating, and a huge trunk. The handling on turns is like a race car, yet the turning radius getting into a parking space is poor; always an extra maneuver for a tight spot.

Even this no frills model has AUX plug inside console box for iPod. It has all the features I wanted. Great AC for me in FL. Like I said above, cornering is just awesome, better than son's Scion tC. Lots of varied and generous storage. I get 25-27mpg in mixed city-highway driving. Once at 5th gear, it sails along with very low RPMs. Highway runs about 30+mpg - great car if you do mostly highway driving. Solid and consistent with no mechanical issues in my 12k miles; now car has almost 50k. At 6'5" 250lbs 55yo, I'm very comfy. I really like this car.

Yes, 4 cyl is underpowered, especially compared to Camry, but I've adapted. I'm sure 6cyl is better but don't make it a requirement. You'll do fine with 4cyl. Yes, it's a bit loud; engine noise and at high speeds. Not that it's a real problem, but you will wish you could get a bit more volume from the stereo sometimes. Yes, it's got a weird left handedness and other quirky designs. I'm used to headlights and wiper control on the column sticks. Not here; only one column stick w/wipers only, plus push forward hi-beams. Headlight dial is on lower left dash. I'm always turning on wipers when I want lights. The complaints are minor. Ford Fusion is aces on the major items.

Buying at end of lease
By lga2

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I did alot of research when I leased the fusion and the reviews were great. Now I am here for research after driving the car for 3 years and 54,000 miles. It has a new battery and now needs tires but other than that it has not been in the shop except for routine maintenance. It looks and drives like it did when it was new and the gas miliage is still in the high 20's to low 30's. Based on the reviews I read today I understand why my residual value is far below wholesale and retail value. There don't seem to be many used fusions on the lot so I guess most people are keeping them after the lease is done. Kudos Ford, I have never fealt the need to review a car before.

leather seats, moon roof, sound system, fold down back seats for hauling things you really shouldn't haul in a car.

none