2008 Ford Fusion S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Born to Be free
By ybbaw on 04/04/11 15:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Recently purchased a used Ford Fusion SEL. my first impression is that the quality of the ride is good. Heated seats are nice and duel control air works well. I'm sure as we put a few miles on it and situations change I'll have more to say about the car. But, for now it's a nice ride for the money.

Not what I expected
By pnoyes on 03/12/11 21:18 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my fusion new, while trading in my '05 F150 for it to obtain better fuel economy. The biggest thing i can't stand about the car is winter driving. The traction isn't as good as any other front wheel drive cars i've drove, and the windshield wipers rest below where the defrost blows on the windshield (causing them to freeze over when not in action). The 2.3L engine is very underpowered, and doesn't really get the gas mileage that it suppose to. The last problem I have with this car is that the whole "best resale value" is a lie. I can't get out of the fusion into a truck again, even after paying on it for 3 years. All that aside, I have racked up 48k with no major problems.

Driving it for 3 yrs, all is well
By Bill on 11/23/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I leased the car in Dec07. I am now purchasing the car to buy. The only problem has been a drivers interior door handle that broke. (dealer had it in stock and fixed in a hour). The car has great acceleration, good brakes, and handles quite well. 20k and no other problems. I drive mostly city and the mileage could be better, but it does well on the highway w/ 6 spd auto.

A College Student's Saving Grace
By Ben on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As a college student, I need something reliable and economic to get me from home to school. A 158K 1999 Explorer wouldn't cut it, so I received the family Fusion after it was replaced by a 2010 Mustang V6. One word really sums up the Fusion: UNEXPECTED. Perhaps it was the change from an SUV to a sedan, but I have been duly impressed. You wouldn't think a 160 HP FWD sedan would really pack a punch, but the Fusion can go in a hurry if you wanted it to. This car has been so much fun to drive, I've been having a hard time maxing out the mileage, which has been as high as 31 HWY/MPG. The 56,000 miles without any repairs has also minimized expenditures, making this Fusion a big win for me.

My ride
By Jonny on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Pros- This car looks great and handles very well. With a 6 speed auto trans its not too bad on gas with a 3.0 in city i get about 22 mpg. Cons- Replaced Wheel bearing $300 bill at 38,000 miles and battery with two years of manuf. date, not too bad but they came at the worse time when money was very tight. Because money is tight i am selling my car but i hopes of one day owning another fusion this has been a fun, fast, sexy looking car from the start letting go is going to be one of the hardest things i do IF i can do it. I would highly suggest this car if you're looking for something all round these are here to stay. (did hurt my back at first tho) and the inside feels cheap

Everything's Great Except the MPG
By Mark H. on 08/25/10 15:49 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a 2008 Fusion SEL V6 used with 30K miles on it (my first American car, only Honda and Toyotas before this). Great looking car, great performance, plenty of power, very nice amenities. Time will tell on the reliability. My only beef with this car is the gas mileage. I don't know how in the world people here are stating they get 25 to 32 MPG out of this V6 unless that is going 65 mph on cruise control without AC running. I am getting a horrible 19- 21 MPG with mixed city/highway driving and I drive it very easily, rarely floor it or fully utilize the V6. I will probably get an accord when I pay this off just because of the poor gas mileage.

Bad motor at 17k miles.
By ranger59 on 08/12/10 19:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle is overall a nicely styled car that handles well. Mileage is in the low to mid 20s depending on the time of year. The motor was replaced do to a factory defect of the engine block that an caused oil leak. The dealer did a great job helping me out with the problem. The big issue is that Ford will only pay for a re-manufactured engine after the first 12k miles. What a bunch of bull! I believe that at that few miles I should have got a new crate engine.

08' Fusion SEL
By vilstb on 07/30/10 11:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Thanks to my in depth review from this exact site I purchased my 08 Fusion in August 2009. I have put 25K on the Fusion since and the car has been flawless. Talk about headache free, sporty style, and great MPG with the 3.0 L. (24-30 hwy/city) Ford has really changed their image and it has definitely changed my mind about there business. I'm 25 years old and can genuinely say I believe the new styles are eye catching for my generation. Ford has me hooked!

Will i buy this car when the lease is up?
By John on 07/23/10 19:17 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I leased this great car when it had 3500 miles on it, got a GREAT DEAL.The pa winters are rough and the car with awd is fantastic. My dilemma is should i buy the car when the lease is up. Looking at the Buick lacrosse, ford taurus and Volkswagen cc all with all wheel drive.The prices are ridiculous and this has it all and only 22,000 miles, looks like a no brainer.

Escape from '97 Taurus to '08 Fusion
By SgtKung on 07/19/10 19:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Won't bother talking about the '97 Taurus...those who have owned one KNOW what sort of car it is, and why I got rid of it. Originally didn't even consider the Fusion - honestly, I didn't think it was in my price range. Once I realized it was, I did the research and discovered it was a very reliable car. We paid $12K for an '08 Fusion SE, 25K miles, balance of the warranty, etc. VERY pleased so far. Not the fastest car out there, but for an I-4 it is actually quite powerful. Interior/exterior styling and comfort are VERY nice and comfortable; plenty of trunk room for the size, etc. I *HIGHLY* recommend it - assuming it stays reliable, we'll drive it until the wheels fall off. :)