2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Surprisingly Happy!
By Very Pleased on 07/02/09 18:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the 2008 4-cylinder Fusion in February, 2008 - owned it 1 year and 4 months. Coming from an 8-cylinder Explorer, I am surprised at how pleased I am with a 4-cylinder. Although it does rev up pretty high to get up any speed, it does get up there quickly, and I have no problems keeping up with anyone on the highway. I have not had the first problem with this car. On a trip to FL, got 31 mpg. Can't beat that!

Hope she's not totaled!
By Christine on 06/23/09 17:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my '08 Fusion in October of last year and I love it more and more every day. It's an amazing car! I opted for the Sport Appearance Package with the 18" wheels and upgraded suspension. It is such a classy looking car, I have people asking me all the time, "What kind of car is that?" or my favorite, "That's a Ford???" It handles beautifully, much better than my last two Focuses. Unfortunately, I was broadsided in it this weekend by a driver going at least 40-45 mph. My Fusion kept myself and my passenger from being seriously injured. 10 for Safety! I'm hoping my insurance company decides she's a keeper and they opt to repair her! If not, I will definitely pick up an '09 Fusion!

Hopefully a new direction for Ford
By kfnavitas on 03/28/09 09:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

So I am writing this as a new buyer and plan to add to...as I progress with the car. So far the vehicle has performed well and gets very good gas mileage for it's size. Build quality is quite good for Ford seeing am used to my families Volvo's and Audi's. The only bothersome thing with this car is it has seemingly NO torque... I have to push the car to at least past 1500 to get it to move...anyway the car is nice on the highway and easily the best part is the quality of the ride and almost non-existent body roll, steering is quick and responsive...as I said I plan to keep adding as the miles add on...good job Ford US (uk models are much better)I never thought i would be saying that...

Great Car!
By Happy Owner on 02/06/09 16:54 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I would recommend this vehicle to whomever wants to be pleased with their purchase and price. I have had no problems with this car and love driving it. I've gone on a few long trips and had a nice, comfortable drive. It rides very smooth. I get really good gas mileage 25 in town and 33 on the highway. Go out and get this car if you are questioning it.

So far so good
By John on 01/27/09 14:55 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my first new car after nearly 40 years behind the wheel to take advantage of bargains. Found the Fusion to be a good fit when gussied up with a moon roof. Very well handling as two deer can testify in my first week of driving it. I expected better gas mileage than 22.5, but it gets 30 on the interstates. Overall, this is a reason I will go to Ford first when buying my next car. My previous experiences with GM and Chrysler had me looking across the ocean for my next car; a serious problem for a union man and economic nationalist.

Superb all-around car
By 1cewolf on 01/02/09 15:20 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had my eye on the new Malibu, but after looking it over in person I was a little disappointed. It was expensive, even used, and it felt unpolished in certain aspects. The Fusion I ended up buying came out to only $14k after taxes and trade-in (my old banged-up '99 Cavalier) and has the Sport Appearance package w/black & red leather seats, Moon & Tune package, Sync, auto-dimming rear mirror, and rear parking sensors...and only 7,000 miles. It's got a 5/5 JD Power reliability rating, so assuming that everything holds up, I'm convinced that the Fusion is one of the best values around. The Sport Appearance Package gives it an aggressive, masculine look that I really like.

Chevy man converted
By truckinkjm on 12/15/08 06:41 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford and I must say this is the most trouble free new car I've ever had. But first let me point out a few things that bother me a little. First I find the headroom is too low. I'm 5' 10" and my head is about a inch and 1/2 from the roof. No standard auto headlights, no standard outside temp, no standard traction control. The headlight switch down too low on the dash and so are fan and temp. switches. But that aside this is a great car very reliable and fun to drive. I highly recommend this car.

Great Ford
By bas on 11/22/08 09:04 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. No problems so far. Good fuel economy. Responsive engine with 5 speed manual. Handling is superb. Why waste several thousand more on a Toyota or Honda?

It's a Ford!
By Glueman on 11/20/08 12:47 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought dealer loaner car used with low miles and certified for 6 years. Have driven as a rental. This is the best car we have ever own in 30 years. Looked at all cars that compete with Fusion. This car compares well and is priced lower than anything else except Hyundai on price. Reliability is rated very high and no major recalls. Go easy on gas petal and the Fusion does amazingly well on gas, up to 35mpg on freeway! 4 cyl. more than enough to get this midsized car going. Love it! When it's time to replace my 01' VW Golf I'll be looking at the Fusion hybrid in the future.

What can I say? I'm totally impressed!
By ccf on 10/22/08 03:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My partner has a 07 Accord and was very skeptical when I insisted on buying this car. Now, he's wanting to borrow my car to run errands! Overall quality is wonderful, the SYNC is great, and it has a much better ride than his Accord. The best part? Dependability! His Accord has been in the shop seven times in the past year, twice within the first month, the back window and cruise control stopped working. And the very best part? The deal! 0% interest and financed for only 36 months, my payment is still under $550 and in 3 years she's all mine! His Accord is financed for five years and still has a higher payment with fewer features at 4.5% and we both have great credit!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.