Used 2008 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews - 56 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

A nice surprise
By Kyle

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 Fusion pre-owned 6 months ago, due to being in an accident with my old car. I bought a Suede White SE model with the four cylinder, the Sun and Sound package, and the back-up sensors. So far I am very pleased with my purchase. I bought it with 21k on it, and have since put on 15k problem free miles. My only complaint about the car is the trunk line comes very high and makes it difficult to see out the back window (back-up sensors help!!).

Audiophile sound, exterior styling, interior space, back-up sensors, and how the headlights turn on when you unlock with the fob!

Improve back window, make the 4 cyl a little less sluggish

The best car I'd never considered
By Kung

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our 1997 Taurus finally had one too many malfunctions; so we set out to look for a new vehicle. I ran across a review here on Edmund's stating that Fusions are fairly reliable. Further research bore that out; and we bought a 2008 Fusion, 25K miles, I-4/auto, SE package, with warranty and other extras (backup sensors) for exactly $12K. We are VERY pleased. I've only owned it a week, so reliability reports will be coming in the future; but it rides VERY smoothly, accelerates surprisingly fast for a 4-banger, and fit and finish are definitely a notch above for Ford. Sound system (with 6-disc MP3 changer) is more than sufficient, and the car has plenty of cup holders. :D VERY satisfied.

Fit and finish, features, projected reliability, mileage (worst so far is 28 MPG).

Possibly add a few more HP to the engine, make the SYNC package able to be retrofitted. The I-4 is slightly buzzy, but hey, it's a 4-banger.

Must have gotten a LEMON!!!
By Stacey

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Every 4 months in the shop for repairs. Ball joints, serpentine belt, Idler pully, Wheel bearings and casing, heater blower, timing belt and pulley system for timing belt all repairs in lest than 2 years. I have 52,00 miles on it so it is very frustrating. All repairs happened before 36,000 miles except for the Idler pulley and serpentine belt that just went bad on 2/10/10. No luck what so ever with this car. Not the best gas mileage in the winter, and sync radio doesn't stay synced like it should. It is so hard to hear that so many people have had no problems and they love their car,I really with I could say the same because without all the repairs the car would be great!

Steering Wheel controls, Back up sensors are great! Sync is great when it works right.

Have a separate key and key fob. Auto lights on/off on all makes of fusions. More head room all over.

I love the ford fusion
By naterater

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have 34,000 miles on my fusion and it still runs and looks great i recentlu took it on a 600 mile road trip and it handled great. i was impressed how it handled and accelerated on the heavy traffic highways. I got good gas mileage as well. I enjoy the fusion and think ford did a good job. only problem i am having is a ticking sound whrnever i run the air and heat but im sure its an easy fix and still under warranty but i totally reccomend this car to anyone. its just a fun clean looking car and the premium sound package is amazing

comfortable sold ride. i got the I4 SE and it actually has a little umph to it people as well as myself love yhe ambient/mood lighting what a nice feature

i dont like how the door panels rattle a little bit with the bass ford needs to do something about that and i'm sure it wouldnt take much to improve

a can-do car
By altinnova

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a dealer demo with 4000 miles on the odometer almost one year ago, and have no regrets. We were looking for a mid-size sedan that could accomodate five adults and their luggage comfortably and that would handle well on snowy and icy roads. The 2008 Fusion fits the bill. Ride is smooth and quiet. Handling is effortless. Very responsive brakes. Took the car out a month ago after a monster snowstorm (18"), and the car absolutely refused to slide around (NB: my Fusion came with Continental all-weather tires). Many other drivers got stuck on the back roads, but the Fusion kept on going. High back limits rear view a bit. Only getting 22 mpg, but we live in a city.

Roomy trunk, ABS, MPG and "miles-to- empty" options on the odometer

reduce blind spots in back and driver side, improve fuel economy