Used 2008 Ford Fusion S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Disappointing Performance
By GingerDay

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have used the car to commute 50 miles to Boston everyday. I anticipated the lack of power from my Olds Intrigue, but nothing like what I have experienced. The car has difficulty shifting our of first gear when it's cold (engine cold, not weather cold). When slowing from 65 miles an hour to negotiate toll boothes, the speed up is jerky and loud. When braking on exit ramps and having to merge, the same performance, it chokes on acceleration. I drove a Mazda 6, also a 4 cyl 5 speed, and its pep and response far outweighs the Fusion. I'm afraid to take the car far from home, it randomly just wont shift out of first gear easily when you need power to move forward from a stop.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a lighted key ring around the ignition switch. The rear brake light in the back window blocks the view of the driver behind you. Radio control on the steering wheel should be standard. Put the Mazda 4 cyl 5 speed engine in the Fusion-it gets the same good gas mileage, but with more pep.

Awesome Car!
By Allan

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ford has built a great car. I also own a 2005 Honda Accord, and the quality of the fusion is the same or better. You get more standard equipment for the price compared to the competition. Definitely consider the Ford Fusion if you are in the market to purchase a mid-size family car.

Favorite Features

Excellent brakes, tire pressure monitor, no wind noise and low engine noise.

Suggested Improvements

None

Just got it, ove it!
By Deb S.

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I went from a Ford F150 pick up truck to the Fusion. I had a loaner Fusion a couple months ago and fell in love with it. This is the first auto in years that has flipped my switch. I love how it looks and how it handles.

Favorite Features

How it handles, exterior sporty look, fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

None so far.

Better than I thought
By Troy Shafer

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We took a trip to Florida on vacation from KY and the car did better than advetised on fuel mileage. I checked it every time I fueled up and got 34 mpg at the best and adveraged 32.5-33 mpg. It is a Fusion S with some options and auto transmission. Simply put I would definitely buy another Ford product. No wonder all the reveiws are excellent for this car. I would rate it better than Toyota, equal with Honda, and far superior to Chevy according to people who i know have the Malibu

Favorite Features

All the features are execelent but the mpg and fun to drive are my tops, almost equal with the other features

Suggested Improvements

Maybe more colors for interior and exterior.

Fun to Drive
By jimb

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded in my 2000 Volvo S70 AWD for the Fusion S with Auto. I have not regretted this purchase. The car is extremely fun, very economical and tons of room. My best friend is 6'2" and has lots of room in the backseat. The trunk is bigger than my wife's 2003 Taurus and my old Volvo. I totally overwhelmed with the comfort and most of all the 24 mpg in town. This is my 4 Ford vehicle and the best I have ever owned. I recommend the Fusion to anyone who is looking for an economical car that has lots of room. Also, everything one could want for options is standard.

Favorite Features

Cruise control, tilt and telescoping steering wheel, autolock feature