Used 2008 Ford Fusion Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Crash test
By kat08

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After much research 2 months ago we puchased our first new car in 20 years. I loved the car! The features, comfort, gas milage (up to 35. But the the very best we were in a multiple car accident and hit from the rear at 45mph with absolutley no bodily injury or even sore muscles. The vehicle is a total loss but it did it's job we are all OK. I can't talk up the safety enough. Now we get to fight for another one. I really loved the car we test drove the Toyota Camry, Mazada 6, Volkswagen Jetta, Chevy Malibu and Saturn Aura before we decided on the fusion. We used the market value sheet from this website to negotiate the sales price. It worked wonders, they actuallly beat that price.

Favorite Features

Microsoft Sync, heated leather seats, gas mileage, safety! The Sync is great I was just getting the hang of it. Our state had just passed a law on no hand held cell phones and I have troubles with the ear pieces, this is a great option to that.

Suggested Improvements

Motorized front passenger seat.

Great Car, Competes with Imports
By Third Ford

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

While we didn't intend to buy a Ford, we stopped at the dealership because it was on our way to our next stop. My wife loved the car, especially the parking assist. It compared favorably with the competition, and was much more affordable. So far, it seems sturdy and of good quality. It is fun to drive for most general use, including taking children to college. It is hard to get over the past image of Ford, but this car is a winner and certainly deserves very serious consideration. The only areas needing improvement are the night mirror (too much reflection from the map light fixture), and it is a little underpowered. The I-4 is fine for most uses, but if you can afford the V-6, get it.

Favorite Features

Nice ride, love the included Sirius radio and the parking assist. Seems to be of good sturdy quality. Reviews place Ford at least even with the imports, if not better, in reliability. Trunk space is great for a mid-size.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power in the I-4 needed (how can the imports make a more efficient engine?). Also, move the map lights forward so that the fixture does not show up as a reflection in the night mirror. A tire upgrade would better showcase the ride capabilities (my other car is a Nissan, tires matter)

I love this car
By judy g

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car 2 weeks ago and I love it. Test drove many others and kept coming back to the Fusion. I am currently coming out of a Camry and I was afraid that I would be disappointed in the quality of another brand, I couldnt have been more wrong. I am more than impressed with everything about this vehicle. I went with the v6 and glad that I did, for the difference in mileage from a 4 cyl, it's nice to know that you have the power if you need it and the engine noise is much more quieter.

Favorite Features

Sirius radio, sync, moonroof, and all those extra toys

Suggested Improvements

Turn signal seems to be a bit high and there is a blind spot when backing due to the spoiler.

Loving My Fusion!
By Karen

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford and I could not have made a better choice. I traded in my '02 Jeep Liberty Renegade for the Fusion. Great gas mileage, roomy and comfortable interior and sporty exterior. I have had it 2 weeks and absolutely love it. Almost bought a Pontiac G6, but called my brother before driving it off the lot - he told me to check out the Fusion before I signed any papers - thank goodness I called him! Found out later that the G6 ranked #20 out of 23 cars and Fusion ranked #4. So many great features at such a low cost - couldn't believe all the standard equipment. Excellent safety rating. I can't stay out of it! I absolutely love it!

Favorite Features

How did I live without Sync? Can't imagine not having it now!

Suggested Improvements

Only 2 suggested improvements - 4 cylinder needs a little more pep. I am 5'4" and have trouble seeing when I back out, the head rest is too high and creates a blind spot. Have to rely soley on mirrors.

Gets better every day !
By A.R. Bowen

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My original review was only a week or so after I purchased the car, but now with almost 4 months and 5K miles, I have a better feeling for it now. First of all let me say - I am an avid auto enthusiast and have owned over 30 cars in my 30 years of driving. I originally liked the car a lot, now I love it! Have gotten numerous compliments on it. Vapor silver with the 18" wheels and black/red interior is awesome! The best attribute is the handling. Handles almost as well as my previous Nissan Sentra SER's but has 100% better ride quality. If this car had another 50 - 75 HP , I would be in auto heaven. Upgraded audiophile package is superb! Ford skeptics - drive this car!

Favorite Features

Performance package, audiophile sound system with SYNC, black/red interior. Gas mileage - avg. 28. Nice!

Suggested Improvements

More HP for manual shift, split rear dual exhaust, more headroom. Also an outside temp display for SE model.