2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Some Good. Some not so Good
By Jim W. on 02/17/08 21:21 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with the seats in the sports appearance package and forgot to check the firmness of the sports tuned suspension. If I could get the harsh ride softened a bit, I would. This car looks great, is roomy, has many thoughtful features, but it has some flaws too. Some controls feel flimsy and cheap (seat recline lever, light switch, HVAC control, outside door handles) Seats are very comfy and supportive, and as I said they look great with black leather, and black/red cloth inserts. The engine lacks pick-up, and doesn't seem enthusiastic. Fuel economy so far (at two weeks ownership) is about 19mpg. Hope this improves. However, this car was very well priced and nicely appointed.

Ford swayed me from Imports
By FindlayFusion on 02/10/08 06:40 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I admit it. I'm an Import car man. I have always liked the European and Japanese way of making cars. Tight, solid, good handling & performance, decent styling. However, Ford won my heart with this car. I looked at everything available from every manufacturer and in my opinion, nothing came close to the Fusion for value. I love my car's styling. It's striking whereas to my eye, the Japanese and European cars have all the same styling excitement of a toaster. The fit, finish, and build quality is excellent. The ride & handling, standard features, options and comfort of this car is really very very good. I am 42 and finally I am truly excited and proud of my new American car!

The Best Car I ever had!
By H. Hamood on 02/01/08 10:37 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My previous vehicle was a '98 F-150. So it was about time to start looking for something else.I Started out looking for an SUV of some sort that's not so thirsty on gas.While in the ford lot I glanced over at the Fusion, took a closer look at the sticker. I noticed the abundance in features it had. Next, I took a test drive.That's all it took. I purchased a black SEL loaded with the sport appearance package.Leather seats, moon + tune package, the works! The sporty red accents on the seats are awesome!My 12 yr old son loves the car just as much! Ford did their homework on this one. The only gripe I have is better all- season performance tires for summer as well as winter driving wouldn't hurt.

Loving it
By ET on 01/28/08 20:22 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My lease was ending on my '05 Altima. I test drove Altima, Camry, Mazda 6, CX-7, and Accord. The Fusion was suggested to me and to my suprise I loved it. The ride, comfort and the equipment I got for the price made it a car to beat.

2008 Fusion SE 6 cyl
By Rock on 01/28/08 17:00 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Great car, love the look and quality. Fun car to drive and we love the satellite radio. Roomy interior and very quite ride. Would highly recommend this vehicle.

20087 Fusion is surprising
By ss100x on 01/21/08 23:43 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I downsized from a Lincoln Town Car to get better gas mileage. The Fusion 4 CYL with the 5 speed auto gets me 33MPG on the highway - 5 more than the EPA rating. It is quiet, sporty, excellent build quality and has many surprising features that you don't expect on a car in this price class

First new car in 17 years
By fredv on 11/29/07 16:52 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first new car since getting rid of by '89 Mustang. I've had good luck with Ford. No major problems. So we'll see how this one lasts.

Im a Believer
By ImAbeliever on 11/17/07 19:19 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

When I saw the commercial on TV comparing a Ford to Camry and Accord, I just laughed. I knew there was no way an American manufacturer could compete on that level. Boy was I wrong. Much to my surprise, my company selected the Fusion for this years fleet vehicle. This is a quantum leap ahead of the Taurus they issued us i years past. The car feels extremely solid. I corners and accelerates well, and is just plain fun to drive. The hidden gem is the Sync voice activation system. The voice recognition is nearly flawless. I spend a lot of time in the car. Being able to have complete control of my iPod and cell phone without taking my hands off the wheel is a huge advantage.

Ford won me over!
By 2008 Fusion sport SE on 10/15/07 12:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove 6 cars before making my choice. Mazda 6, Mazda3, Honda Civic Si, Honda Accord, Fusion I4, and Fusion SE V6. The sport package added to the SE version of the V6 Fusion was absolutely smooth and responsive. Granted the Accord is a great car, but the '08 version is just to big for my taste.

Fusion Fan
By Fusion Fan on 10/04/07 10:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Have the Fusion for 2 weeks now and I love the car! Great to drive, great to look at. I have the red color which everyone loves! I'm getting 24MPG in everyday driving with the I-4. I feel that this engine has plenty of power. Great leg room in front and in the back too!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.