Used 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

I never thought I'd own or love a Ford!
By Happy Customer

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is an amazing car that I almost passed up just because it's a Ford! All model years came up in "Most Reliable Car" lists during my research on other cars, so I took it for a test drive and love how smoothly it handles-like a Subaru with the appearance of a Lexus and the inside comfort of a much more expensive car (large,comfy seats). It feels sturdy and safe, and is very quiet. I'd never heard of Sync but love it-- I tell my car to "Call Home" and it does. I would definitely consider another Fusion. Best car in its class w/more features at a cheaper price than a Toyota. A lot of car for the money! I never thought I could afford something so nice brand new.

Heated leather seats, Sync for my phone, huge trunk space, Very sensitive and quick A/C and heating system, Keypad for entry, Safety lights under review mirrors when you get out, The fact the radio stays on with the car off if you're still in it for up to 10 minutes.

Make the driver's side completely powered- "power" seats only operate the bottom position, not the back rest itself. Can't adjust it while driving! Add a place for a small trash bag, built in. MPG computer reading not accurate--my car meter reads that I get 13 mpg but I get much more.User error? ha

Best car I've ever owned
By bdr

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for around 5 months and have had no problems and a ton of peole saying how much they loves this car the engine has tons of power with good gas mileage even without the AWD it does amazing in the New York winters traded it for my unreliable Camery with crappy headgaskets and transmission this car is awesome and also it was a few thousand less than all the media cars (Toyota Honda). Highly recommend best car for your money

Engine, Sync, comfort, design, price, reliablity

Nothing really

Chevy man converted
By truckinkjm

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Ford and I must say this is the most trouble free new car I've ever had. But first let me point out a few things that bother me a little. First I find the headroom is too low. I'm 5' 10" and my head is about a inch and 1/2 from the roof. No standard auto headlights, no standard outside temp, no standard traction control. The headlight switch down too low on the dash and so are fan and temp. switches. But that aside this is a great car very reliable and fun to drive. I highly recommend this car.

Fun to drive, sound system, smooth transmission.

More headroom, more standard equipment, more 4 cyl. power

Great Ford
By bas

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great car. No problems so far. Good fuel economy. Responsive engine with 5 speed manual. Handling is superb. Why waste several thousand more on a Toyota or Honda?

Fuel economy. Averaging 29mpg with 70% highway 30% city. Very comfortable interior. Excellent handling.

5 speed manual is geared a little low in 5th gear-good for hilly country roads but a bit too much gear for the interstate. Original tires are awful in the snow.

It's a Ford!
By Glueman

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought dealer loaner car used with low miles and certified for 6 years. Have driven as a rental. This is the best car we have ever own in 30 years. Looked at all cars that compete with Fusion. This car compares well and is priced lower than anything else except Hyundai on price. Reliability is rated very high and no major recalls. Go easy on gas petal and the Fusion does amazingly well on gas, up to 35mpg on freeway! 4 cyl. more than enough to get this midsized car going. Love it! When it's time to replace my 01' VW Golf I'll be looking at the Fusion hybrid in the future.

SE nicely equipped. Comfortable, quiet & excellent ride. Steering wheel mounted controls. Telescoping steering wheel. understated dashboard is clean and uncluttered. Great stock stereo.

Blind spots take a little bit to get use to. Mounting place for GPS other than windshield. Blinker stock could be lower. Standard splash guards would be nice.