2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Used to be scared of 4 doors. Love it.
By raptor2002 on 03/27/08 11:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

After getting past the 4 door aspect, and taking it for a test drive I actually fell in love with the handling, comfort, and interior layout out. Dumb things made sense, and access and storage is everywhere. Leather stitched seats are wonderful, just right and high quality, something almost no one would ever have said about a Ford car in the past. Driving: Handling! Man with the sport package corners on rails, balanced, smooth, very quite interior, and just a blast on twisty roads. I will suggest this car to anyone for a test drive!

Comments after driving 1800 miles
By willy on 03/24/08 10:56 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I drove it to Tennesse and back immediately after buying it. 1449 miles at 70 mph and a little city driving in Knoxville. Used exactly 44.1 gallons of 87 octane fuel. Very nice indeed. Four wheel disc brakes are very nice. Rear wheel independent suspension is "sports car like" in feel. This car seats 5 adults comfortably and the fold down split banch rear seat is very nice for carrying bulky items. I really enjoy driving this Fusion.

Great deal!
By mwv on 03/14/08 22:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I was planning to buy a certified '05 Accord LX with 30k miles from the local Honda dealer to replace my trouble-free '97 Accord, but bought a new '08 Fusion SE instead. The Fusion has a lot more stuff - leather, alloy wheels, 6x CD, trip computer, etc. and gets as good or better reliability ratings. Gas mileage is already as good as the '97 Accord in daily commute. Couldn't get the Honda dealer to give much discount on the Accord, but got a great deal on the Fusion. With the incentive from Ford, it was within $1000 of the price of the '05 Accord. Easy decision.

Ford build a car to compete in Europe
By Bill Stammers on 03/14/08 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As an Englishman living in Canada, having to travel 80k to work 5 days a week, after a lot of research I settled for the Fusion, my wife had a 2004 Focus Wagon and that was really reliable so that influenced my choice, test drove a used Mazda6 which I found really good but had rust problems. The Fusion is excellent the gearbox a delight, the engine so,so flexible, comfort superb, only fault is the special spare which are really useless in rural Canada, we have to cover such vast distances they are impractical at certain times. I have not got SYNC but really pleased with the 6 CD changer and sound system, up to my move to Canada, I have always driven Volvos, this Fusion compares favourably

Happy!
By Lou on 03/13/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Having just come from driving an 8- cylinder Ford Explorer for the past 5 years, I was a little apprehensive about moving to a 4-cylinder vehicle. With gas prices being what they are, it seemed like the thing to do. I purchased a red Fusion (pretty color), SE package, leather seats, 6- changer CD with a Moon & Tune package. I'm much happier with the car than I thought I would be. It's roomy, it's comfortable and it's got plenty of power. It's never going feel like a V8, but it's more than I need to get back and forth to work. The Fusion made downsizing bearable without paying the Honda or Accord prices. I got much more for my money than I anticipated.

Great car
By Brian Jarvis on 03/12/08 21:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoy driving this car. It has adequate power, exceptionally good handling, lots of room, a good sized trunk, an easily accessible information system including a compass and outside temperature, I like the moon roof but do not like the way that it intrudes into my head space. I have to adjust the seat more than I would like to avoid having my head make contact with the roof. I get around 8 litres/100k on the highway. Most of my city driving has taken place in a Canadian winter and has averaged 11.5 litres/100k, less than the computer showed. Four adults traveled from Canada to Myrtle Beach in comfort. We all packed light for the trip. The car was useless in snow until I bought snow tires.

Surprising -- won me over vs. Accord!
By Michelle on 03/11/08 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

OK, I admit it. I was leaning toward the Accord. But the Fusion won me over. It's a lot of car for the money! Handling is crisp and clean. Comfortable but a good feel for the road. Interior appointments (leather, dash, etc.) are very nice and stylish. The car looks beautiful too. Many of my friends are impressed and surprised it's a Ford. Given the savings over the Accord (I saved thusands), I am more than happy with this car. The 4-cylinder has plenty of power, but the fuel economy could be a little better. other than that, I am very heppy. It's peppy and fun to drive.

Great Family Sedan
By Texas Mom on 03/05/08 13:17 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We just bought our new 2008 Fusion, and it's a winner! We all love the great interior with Sirius satellite radio, and the 4 cylinder engine is impressive - much better pep than the 2008 Camry we test drove. The interior design is also more luxurious than the Camry LE we looked at. The spoiler makes the car look sporty, and it has a European, BMW vibe. Overall, it is a great, fun-to-drive, spacious, and stylish car at a great price!

The Camry-killer!
By misterzero on 02/29/08 19:55 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned two Fords in the past and two Camrys ('00, '03), all of which have essentially been completely trouble-free. The Camrys have had excellent rides, but the thigh support and awkward steering wheel placement always left me very uncomfortable, especially on long drives. I test drove a number of cars on the market, including the Accord and Altima, and came back to the Fusion, as it has a ride very comparable to the Camry, and the interior is much better than the Camry's....much more comfortable. I bought an SEL V6 with Moon & Tunes and leather interior. I now have 1,200 miles on it, and the car has not developed any rattles or squeaks.

Fusion dollars and sense
By fastrider0507 on 02/23/08 11:30 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

As a foreign car fan I must say; for the dollar Fusion is the best deal, If you want a Camry or Accord and are willing to pay almost $30k then the Fusion is not in your market. My opinion is Camry is a lot less dependable car since 2001 and Honda well Honda is a great car but it is steep in price. Fusion is far and away a great deal for the money. If I was going to pay $30k for a car I would buy a Maxima and since I paid $20k I got a Fusion. Well beyond price Ford created a fine machine that will last you for years I have never liked Ford cars because of comfort and reliability but I am the first to admit they have come a long way and deserve consideration when shopping for a new vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan in WA is:

$164 per month*