Used 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

So far so good
By John

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my first new car after nearly 40 years behind the wheel to take advantage of bargains. Found the Fusion to be a good fit when gussied up with a moon roof. Very well handling as two deer can testify in my first week of driving it. I expected better gas mileage than 22.5, but it gets 30 on the interstates. Overall, this is a reason I will go to Ford first when buying my next car. My previous experiences with GM and Chrysler had me looking across the ocean for my next car; a serious problem for a union man and economic nationalist.

Favorite Features

Sync is fine. Car handles well and is very comfortable for a mid size car. A very good looking car with high marks for reliability. Ford may be the savior of the US auto industry.

Suggested Improvements

I can not believe that they put no light for the back seat. When I leave something on the back seat and need to find it at night, it is really hard to find, especially with a black interior. For about $5.00, Ford could have added this small comfort.

2 Fusions Both Great
By Tom

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Fusion first was an 06 SEL I4 5m, now I lease 08 SEL I4 5m with sport package. Both cars are excellent vehicles ride and drive is great, excellent room and storage. I also got the Audiophile stereo and it sounds great. My new car has Sync, this is a great option that I highly recommend. I am a mechanic and I can tell you that this is hands down the best car Ford as built in the 22 years I have been working on them.

Favorite Features

5 speed manual trans. Try and find this in any other American car this size. Stereo and Sync. Sport package.

Suggested Improvements

6 speed manual, turbo, manual V6 or at least an auto stick. Reverse sensors with manual trans. Make a SHO or SVT model people can afford...please.

Superb all-around car
By 1cewolf

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had my eye on the new Malibu, but after looking it over in person I was a little disappointed. It was expensive, even used, and it felt unpolished in certain aspects. The Fusion I ended up buying came out to only $14k after taxes and trade-in (my old banged-up '99 Cavalier) and has the Sport Appearance package w/black & red leather seats, Moon & Tune package, Sync, auto-dimming rear mirror, and rear parking sensors...and only 7,000 miles. It's got a 5/5 JD Power reliability rating, so assuming that everything holds up, I'm convinced that the Fusion is one of the best values around. The Sport Appearance Package gives it an aggressive, masculine look that I really like.

Favorite Features

Ride is quiet, sporty w/o being too rough, and it's so much fun to drive. Exterior is slick and sophisticated. Interior is roomy and comfortable, love the seats. Stereo sounds great. SYNC rocks and Ford's going to keep releasing stuff for it for free! Parking assist makes things much easier.

Suggested Improvements

More horses in the 4-banger; it's certainly gets the job done but could be stronger. Rear visibility with spoiler is limited, so I recommend getting the rear parking sensors to compensate. Replace low tire pressure alert with tire pressure monitoring system like the Malibu.

I never thought I'd own or love a Ford!
By Happy Customer

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is an amazing car that I almost passed up just because it's a Ford! All model years came up in "Most Reliable Car" lists during my research on other cars, so I took it for a test drive and love how smoothly it handles-like a Subaru with the appearance of a Lexus and the inside comfort of a much more expensive car (large,comfy seats). It feels sturdy and safe, and is very quiet. I'd never heard of Sync but love it-- I tell my car to "Call Home" and it does. I would definitely consider another Fusion. Best car in its class w/more features at a cheaper price than a Toyota. A lot of car for the money! I never thought I could afford something so nice brand new.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, Sync for my phone, huge trunk space, Very sensitive and quick A/C and heating system, Keypad for entry, Safety lights under review mirrors when you get out, The fact the radio stays on with the car off if you're still in it for up to 10 minutes.

Suggested Improvements

Make the driver's side completely powered- "power" seats only operate the bottom position, not the back rest itself. Can't adjust it while driving! Add a place for a small trash bag, built in. MPG computer reading not accurate--my car meter reads that I get 13 mpg but I get much more.User error? ha

Best car I've ever owned
By bdr

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for around 5 months and have had no problems and a ton of peole saying how much they loves this car the engine has tons of power with good gas mileage even without the AWD it does amazing in the New York winters traded it for my unreliable Camery with crappy headgaskets and transmission this car is awesome and also it was a few thousand less than all the media cars (Toyota Honda). Highly recommend best car for your money

Favorite Features

Engine, Sync, comfort, design, price, reliablity

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really