2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Outstanding Value!
By Fusion Excels on 04/22/08 19:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Delightful and well thought out describes the Fusion. Road handling and braking give this car a Euro feel and provides enough power for secure driving. The value of the SEL w/4 cylinder pulled me away from the perrenial favorite of this class - the Accord. Dollar for dollar and overall build quality has my family all smiles about this car. Driver visibility is outstanding and the car maneuvers through turns with ease. The sporty and aggressive design is supported by the cars performance. Smart features from seat fold down to custom stereo features for driver or passenger and SYNC make this car a worthy investment!

Ford Fusion
By Greg Ploof on 04/22/08 17:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my 05' Chrysler Sebring for this Ford Fusion and its the best trade I ever made! This car is awesome! You can really tell the quality, handles great, lots of room, trunk has more space then any other car I've owned. Most of all is comfort and the great looks of this 08' Fusion. I would recommend this to anyone needing room for a mid size car. Hopefully as I go along here I can update this in time, give more updates on this Fusion.

Great car for the price
By Htein on 04/21/08 04:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I had a choice between going with 07 SEL w/ leather & spoiler and a 08 SE for the same price. I went with the 08 SE since it had better safety ratings. The car is beautiful on the outside and inside. The only few points off is: 1) the plastic inside look somewhat cheap, especially noticeable at the fan grilles. 2) the phone bluetooth button does not work without sync, which I did not know otherwise I would have bought a model with sync. (I never asked) The maintenance is nice, oil schedule is every 7500 which is a plus from every 3000 miles that I'm used to. The car handles and rides very smoothly. It's power output is definitely better than our other 4cyl Saturn.

Wow!
By Stacie on 04/18/08 10:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

What a car! I never thought I would own a Ford, but boy was I wrong! I had looked at the Accord and the Camry and decided on the Fusion. It's much more fun to drive and came with many options for the $25,000 price tag. I'd recommend this car to anybody! From start to finish, buying this car was such a pleasant experience. Ford has come leaps and bounds in it's styling, handling, and performance. Way to go Ford!

Mr.
By Jimmyd on 04/14/08 06:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My 2008 Fusion SEL V-6 Sport Package is fun to drive. It looks sporty and runs great and the fit & finish more than expected. I'm impressed with the power and 6 speed automatic transmission. It's great looking and fun to drive. Ford did a fine job on this one

Fusion = Fun, Function, & Style
By Tom Reece on 04/12/08 07:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Glad I happened to stop by the Ford dealer after shopping the usual far- east candidates. The Fusion's design, quality, and finish and on par with the competition and a quantum leap from my wife's 04 Mustang. 4-cyl motor and five speed auto trans are a good combination with decent power (25 mpg), and are smoother and quieter than the powertrain of my 06 Honda Element. The chassis delivers a combination of great ride and sharp handling. Highway speeds are quiet, and the sound system delivers subtle symphony notes to my 50 year-old ears at 70 mph! Styling is classy and distinctive-I really like just looking at it! Price plus incentives make the Fusion by far the best value in the segment.

Nice Job Ford!
By Fusion Fan on 04/10/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Our Fusion is the base S model, and it is a terrific car for the money. The ride/handling compromise is just right, and the powerful brakes have excellent pedal feel. The body is solid and is quiet at speed for a mid-priced sedan. I was concerned that the 4 cylinder with automatic would be underpowered, but it revs freely and is just fine for a family car. Plus, the 4 gets respectable mileage and its light weight contributes to the nimble handling. The 5 speed automatic is good. We shopped Accord, Malibu, and Camry, but the actual selling price for those comparably equipped would have been $5,000 to $6,000 higher! The Sonata costs a bit more and lacks the sharp handling of the Fusion.

Ford wins again!
By Mike on 04/09/08 15:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After spending a few weeks test driving several small to medium sized sedans from Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Mazda I decided to run by a local Ford dealership to try out the Fusion after reading a few good reviews online. The first model I tried out was an SEL, but it was from the first 2008 production run so it didn't have sync on it. We found an SE model that had Sync and also featured the sports appearance package. I've been driving it for almost 2 weeks now and I absolutely love it. And after all the "test drives" that I've taken my friends and coworkers on, I'm sure that there will be quite a few more Ford converts in the future.

Sweet
By rvrichardson on 04/06/08 16:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Walked onto the lot looking for a Focus for my daughter and then I saw it. Silver Birch, black leather red stiched and cloth combo, moon and tune plus sports package. The wheels and low slung look. I was in love. I would have liked Sync. I was a little concerned about the sticker fuel consumption, however I am pleasantly suprised for a 3L/6 it is not that bad. Driving from Jacksonville to Delray Beach the computer showed just over 30mpg. Average from Delray Beach to Dallas was 27.7 mpg. After 4000 miles I still am glad I bought it. If there was an SEL on the lot with the same package I would have considered that for the extras.

I love my Fusion
By spybgl on 03/28/08 07:33 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded in my 2004 Ford F150 for a 2008 Fusion 4cyl SE. I dont miss the V8 like I though I would, but i love my current fuel economy. The 4cyl engine has a lot of power considering the size. Great overall comfort too. Almost got leather, but didnt really need it. Handles great in traffic and on the curves.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.