2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
One generation newer, many steps up
By twoblondes on 05/09/08 06:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

What a step up this car has been. I am that point in my life I want a nice car and for me that is the Fusion. This car gets 22 mpg overall, as long as I don't drive too hard. The power is excellent, the handling is great and it looks awesome. This is not the perfect car, but it is the best for the price. The fully loaded V-6 (less nav.) went out the door for less than $24,000. This for a car that is safe, relaiable and fun to drive. Fellow Sync users will say "how did we live without Sync till now", I agree. A car without Sync is barbaric at best.

A real nice better Accord
By Tom on 05/08/08 12:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2004 Accord EX V6 coupe, with navi and my Fusion is equipped the same way. It has every available option. I love it! I am 6'3 240 and have plenty of room while driving.

Ford built a Honda beater
By murdog on 05/03/08 04:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Fusion with the intent of parking my fullsize truck. I went for the 4cyl with a stick. And a moon roof, as well as the audiophile stereo. Great car on the highway averaging 31.5mpg HWY. I tested the Accord and equally equipped it was $10K more than my fusion. for $10 grand I will give up 190HP. After 7 years solidly in the Chevy camp I am happily moving back to the Ford one. The price style and fuel economy not to mention the 2.3L for its never quit attitude. Keep it up Ford.

Best deal in class
By testcase4321 on 05/02/08 15:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I spent about 2 weeks shopping and test driving family sedans (Camry, Accord, Malibu, Altima, Impala, and Fusion). All were highly rated here and in Consumer Reports. Overall, I found the value provided by the Ford Fusion beat out all of the other competitors. The Fusion was about $4K cheaper than the best deals on the Camry and Impala, and about $5K cheaper than the best deals on the Altima, Accord, and Malibu. I dont regret my decision at all

Great
By JennZ on 05/01/08 06:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got my Fusion because of rising gas prices. I traded my SUV and was prety apprehensive about giving it up. This car has not made me regret that decision yet.

Fusion
By BHagar on 04/28/08 13:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Just recently purchased a Fusion. Traded in a truck for fuel mileage. Family loves the new car and I love the savings. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Fusion SEL AWD - More car for your $
By D. Amsler on 04/26/08 21:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought an '08 Fusion SEL AWD recently to replace an '05 Focus that met its maker as a result of a red light runner. Though I walked away with only a few bumps & bruises, after seeing the aftermath in the light of day, I decided then and there that I wanted a larger car for my next one. Wanted to stay with Ford as the Fords I've owned in the past have never given me issues so the Fusion was the logical choice as a "step up" Went with the AWD model because the weather up here in Canada tends to vary widely and in Canada only the SEL trim has the AWD option.

Luxury and fun in one
By markoor on 04/24/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded my 2004 Audi A4 for my Fusion and don't regret it one bit. The Audi was always in the garage. I drove the Fusion from Michigan to Virginia the first weekend I bought it and was comforatable the whole way there. I got terrible back aches half way there with the Audi but was feeling just as good as the second I left with the Fusion. Stiched black leather and heated seats are very nice looking. Car is very fun to drive.

Drive a Fusion
By Lovemyfusion on 04/23/08 18:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 4th Ford. And I love this car most of all! I got smart with gas prices the way they are. I traded in my 05 Dodge Ram quad cab HEMI. Gas hog. I love my Fusion so much I can't stop driving it. At 65mph. I'm getting 34mpg. That 25 more than my old truck. I love it. I think I'll get more when the engine gets broke in. It looks like A 30,000 dollar car for 19,000. The audiophile sound system is ear ringing and sync is so cool. And the black and red leather is a nice look. And the car handles like a slot car.

Great car value
By Fusionator on 04/22/08 20:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This care is absolutely one of the best deals around for the price. The rebates Ford gives right now are amazing, I got $3500 back. It may not have the interior of a BMW, but it doesn't have the sticker either. The car is absolutely wonderful, shifting is very easy and smooth. Looks like a luxury car, drives like one too.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Ford Fusion in WA is:

$164 per month*