2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
Not what I expected
By pnoyes on 03/12/11 21:18 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my fusion new, while trading in my '05 F150 for it to obtain better fuel economy. The biggest thing i can't stand about the car is winter driving. The traction isn't as good as any other front wheel drive cars i've drove, and the windshield wipers rest below where the defrost blows on the windshield (causing them to freeze over when not in action). The 2.3L engine is very underpowered, and doesn't really get the gas mileage that it suppose to. The last problem I have with this car is that the whole "best resale value" is a lie. I can't get out of the fusion into a truck again, even after paying on it for 3 years. All that aside, I have racked up 48k with no major problems.

Never a worry
By ANTHONY WALKER on 06/07/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Much better than a Chevy or a Foreign car. Dealer could not have been more helpful. I bought this for my wife to use on the highway for work and the fuel economy and performance are world- class.

Wxcellent Ford Fusion
By Haydee on 05/05/10 14:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The wisest decision in buying cars is getting Ford Fusion excellent design comparable to Cadillac in the aspect of exterior design and the interior I am very happy having the sync program this is the best car ever for me 6 cd changer heated side mirror and that is excellent also, further it rides good smooth driving in the road good gas mileage maintain city drive to 30 mph and on the expressway from 31 to 34 mph don't know about other people but this magnificent fusion of mine is a gas saver, very roomy cargo space in the trunk and roomy in the back as well I am very proud of my Ford Fusion I always get compliment with my vehicle

don't get a sunroof
By smithpointjava on 01/14/10 09:56 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about the car but the leaky sunroof that Ford can't seem to fix for the life of them. My car has been in the shop 4 times (soon to be the 5th) for the same leak that comes through the the over head console.

FORD FUSION
By MASS on 11/19/09 13:41 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We took out ford on vacation last Sept. and drove 3700 miles. At 75 mph we were getting around 29 miles to the gallon. I never got a worry from riding. We use to have a Honda Accord EX and 600 mile trips were hard to handle on comfort. Great car Ford! My wife loves it.

I'm loving it!!!
By Rhe on 11/13/09 17:58 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

By far a better value than the Honda/Toyota counterparts! SYNC, heated LEATHER seats, sleek interior/exterior, flat folding front right seat, drives & handles well, I could go on and on. For MORE money Honda & Toyota both offer FEWER features. I loved my Focus and I ADORE my Fusion. At the end of the day I always end up buying Ford and am not disappointed.

Reinstated my faith in American cars.
By hobbie2k on 03/20/09 00:09 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

A true American competitor to the import mid-sizers. And Ford only needed to borrow a Mazda platform to make it happen. The car is roomy, comfortable, has decent material and build quality (though there are a few warts), and is somewhat fun to drive with a manual transmission. It doesn't beg to be driven hard like an Altima, and isn't as refined as the Accord, but still drives good and looks great. SYNC is a brilliant system, but I am having issues using a thumb drive to store music that Ford can't seem to solve. The engine is smooth and revs well, but it feels a little underpowered and is a little bit too noisy at highway speeds. My mileage is 27mpg mixed.

2 Fusions Both Great
By Tom on 01/04/09 17:38 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Fusion first was an 06 SEL I4 5m, now I lease 08 SEL I4 5m with sport package. Both cars are excellent vehicles ride and drive is great, excellent room and storage. I also got the Audiophile stereo and it sounds great. My new car has Sync, this is a great option that I highly recommend. I am a mechanic and I can tell you that this is hands down the best car Ford as built in the 22 years I have been working on them.

Crash test
By kat08 on 09/13/08 09:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After much research 2 months ago we puchased our first new car in 20 years. I loved the car! The features, comfort, gas milage (up to 35. But the the very best we were in a multiple car accident and hit from the rear at 45mph with absolutley no bodily injury or even sore muscles. The vehicle is a total loss but it did it's job we are all OK. I can't talk up the safety enough. Now we get to fight for another one. I really loved the car we test drove the Toyota Camry, Mazada 6, Volkswagen Jetta, Chevy Malibu and Saturn Aura before we decided on the fusion. We used the market value sheet from this website to negotiate the sales price. It worked wonders, they actuallly beat that price.

Great Car for the money!
By Ginny on 08/01/08 20:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded an 02 Ford Windstar van with 100,000 miles. Wish we had started with Ford instead of checking Toyota, Honda, and Nissan...there is no comparison for what you get for the money with the Ford Fusion. We had a great saleman who got us a terrific deal. We have had our Fusion for almost 3 months and have about 4000 miles on it.....my husband and I are semi retired and we are loving this car. We get 25 mpg in city /31 on the highway. Fun to drive, with precise steering and great brakes. Love the look of the car and the comfort. How did we live without sync? Moon and Tune package great and so affordable!.. best car decision we've made. Drive it, you'll love it too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.