Used 2008 Ford Fusion SEL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Not what I expected
By pnoyes

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my fusion new, while trading in my '05 F150 for it to obtain better fuel economy. The biggest thing i can't stand about the car is winter driving. The traction isn't as good as any other front wheel drive cars i've drove, and the windshield wipers rest below where the defrost blows on the windshield (causing them to freeze over when not in action). The 2.3L engine is very underpowered, and doesn't really get the gas mileage that it suppose to. The last problem I have with this car is that the whole "best resale value" is a lie. I can't get out of the fusion into a truck again, even after paying on it for 3 years. All that aside, I have racked up 48k with no major problems.

I do have to say that I love the Sync and bluetooth. The cornering is the top of my list for a car that I didn't expect to handle like it does. For a smaller car it also has great leg room, and the seats are very comfortable (good for the long trips).

The 2.3L needs more power or gas mileage, pick one. I think that the wipers also need to be relocated. The sound system could really use an upgrade.

Never a worry
By ANTHONY WALKER

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Much better than a Chevy or a Foreign car. Dealer could not have been more helpful. I bought this for my wife to use on the highway for work and the fuel economy and performance are world- class.

Fuel economy, SYNC, pretty much everything

No improvements needed

Wxcellent Ford Fusion
By Haydee

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The wisest decision in buying cars is getting Ford Fusion excellent design comparable to Cadillac in the aspect of exterior design and the interior I am very happy having the sync program this is the best car ever for me 6 cd changer heated side mirror and that is excellent also, further it rides good smooth driving in the road good gas mileage maintain city drive to 30 mph and on the expressway from 31 to 34 mph don't know about other people but this magnificent fusion of mine is a gas saver, very roomy cargo space in the trunk and roomy in the back as well I am very proud of my Ford Fusion I always get compliment with my vehicle

sync, heated side mirrors great exterior design, seats are great very comfortable

improvise blindsided on the driver side

don't get a sunroof
By smithpointjava

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love everything about the car but the leaky sunroof that Ford can't seem to fix for the life of them. My car has been in the shop 4 times (soon to be the 5th) for the same leak that comes through the the over head console.

heated seats, sync

sunroof reconstruction

FORD FUSION
By MASS

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We took out ford on vacation last Sept. and drove 3700 miles. At 75 mph we were getting around 29 miles to the gallon. I never got a worry from riding. We use to have a Honda Accord EX and 600 mile trips were hard to handle on comfort. Great car Ford! My wife loves it.

Heated seats, Stero system, comfort when driving.