Used 2008 Ford Fusion SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion - Consumer Reviews

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

Very impressed so far!!
By benzcrazy1

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently purchased a 2008 Fusion SE with 44k miles from the dealer that I work at. I own 5 cars already so trying to find number 6, I was going to be picky, this was going to be my daily driver but I wanted to have something fun, reliable but efficient. I am completely impressed with everything so far! The gas milage is great! so far its staying right around 25. It is so comfortable and fun and easy to drive as well! Amazing trunk space and such a smooth ride, almost as equal as my Mercedes! I am a huge Ford truck guy but never thought much about their cars, I am definitely converted! Great job Ford!! You definitely reeled me in with this one!

Favorite Features

The reliability, look, comfort, mpg, the list goes on and on!!

Suggested Improvements

The headlight switch is a little too far down on the dash.

Buying at end of lease
By lga2

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I did alot of research when I leased the fusion and the reviews were great. Now I am here for research after driving the car for 3 years and 54,000 miles. It has a new battery and now needs tires but other than that it has not been in the shop except for routine maintenance. It looks and drives like it did when it was new and the gas miliage is still in the high 20's to low 30's. Based on the reviews I read today I understand why my residual value is far below wholesale and retail value. There don't seem to be many used fusions on the lot so I guess most people are keeping them after the lease is done. Kudos Ford, I have never fealt the need to review a car before.

Favorite Features

leather seats, moon roof, sound system, fold down back seats for hauling things you really shouldn't haul in a car.

Suggested Improvements

none

Escape from '97 Taurus to '08 Fusion
By SgtKung

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Won't bother talking about the '97 Taurus...those who have owned one KNOW what sort of car it is, and why I got rid of it. Originally didn't even consider the Fusion - honestly, I didn't think it was in my price range. Once I realized it was, I did the research and discovered it was a very reliable car. We paid $12K for an '08 Fusion SE, 25K miles, balance of the warranty, etc. VERY pleased so far. Not the fastest car out there, but for an I-4 it is actually quite powerful. Interior/exterior styling and comfort are VERY nice and comfortable; plenty of trunk room for the size, etc. I *HIGHLY* recommend it - assuming it stays reliable, we'll drive it until the wheels fall off. :)

Favorite Features

Interior comfort, reliability rating, features for the price ($12K got us backup sensors, auto, power everything, 6-disc MP3 CD changer, cruise, etc.).

Suggested Improvements

Slightly more powerful/less buzzy I-4 (though that may be due to its being an OHV I-4, I think).

Switched from an accord
By Pete

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2006 Accord for this because I needed an automatic transmission (Accord was manual). Enjoying it a lot so far - very comparable to an Accord in feel and handling, quieter road noise, comfortable interior. Highway MPG is great - I was just getting 35 MPG (according to the dashboard) while driving this morning. City MPG is ok, but not great. I haven't tried out the Sync yet, but hopefully it works well. Interior seems a bit roomier than the Accord. I also noticed the poor rear visibility, but it hasn't bothered me too much yet, as I'm comfortable using all my mirrors.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage, decent handling, comfortable seats, quiet on the road, fold down rear seats and passenger seat (great for moving large items)

Suggested Improvements

A bit better acceleration off the line, better rear visibility, more interior storage compartments

A nice surprise
By Kyle

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 08 Fusion pre-owned 6 months ago, due to being in an accident with my old car. I bought a Suede White SE model with the four cylinder, the Sun and Sound package, and the back-up sensors. So far I am very pleased with my purchase. I bought it with 21k on it, and have since put on 15k problem free miles. My only complaint about the car is the trunk line comes very high and makes it difficult to see out the back window (back-up sensors help!!).

Favorite Features

Audiophile sound, exterior styling, interior space, back-up sensors, and how the headlights turn on when you unlock with the fob!

Suggested Improvements

Improve back window, make the 4 cyl a little less sluggish