2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:
ok
By cpletan on 03/26/13 13:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i average 27 both city/highway and its ok to drive. but the temp sensor is screwy throws engine lite.

Economical and Reliable
By dw1234511 on 12/14/12 12:27 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my 2008 fusion for about 2 years, purchased in Sept. 2010 from the dealer at 38k miles. It now has about 60k miles on it. I judge a vehicle based on number of maintenance issues. I have had 0 issues during my time of ownership, therefore the car has met my expectations. It's a very nice sedan and gets about 31 mpg on the highway. I would recommend the Fusion to a prospective buyer.

Nice surprise from US brand auto
By bruceocala on 12/18/11 20:11 PM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car in May. I thought I'd buy Camry again, but got this Fusion w/automatic trans. It was cheaper than Camry and frankly fit me - a big guy - like a glove. So far, smart move. It has some dumb little design annoyances, but the conveniences outweigh them. It's as economical and reliable as a Camry, offering more space in leg room, overhead, front area storage, back seat seating, and a huge trunk. The handling on turns is like a race car, yet the turning radius getting into a parking space is poor; always an extra maneuver for a tight spot.

A College Student's Saving Grace
By Ben on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As a college student, I need something reliable and economic to get me from home to school. A 158K 1999 Explorer wouldn't cut it, so I received the family Fusion after it was replaced by a 2010 Mustang V6. One word really sums up the Fusion: UNEXPECTED. Perhaps it was the change from an SUV to a sedan, but I have been duly impressed. You wouldn't think a 160 HP FWD sedan would really pack a punch, but the Fusion can go in a hurry if you wanted it to. This car has been so much fun to drive, I've been having a hard time maxing out the mileage, which has been as high as 31 HWY/MPG. The 56,000 miles without any repairs has also minimized expenditures, making this Fusion a big win for me.

Growing on ME!
By It's growing on me on 05/14/09 18:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just financed a 08 Ford Fusion S. So far so good. I like my car, it's very roomy and comfortable. I did not do my research like I should've but after reading reviews on camry,accord, and malibu. I think that my car far exceeds the camry and honda in quality. I will probably trade in a year for a malibu because their reviews are great compared to a midsized car. I have had mines for about a month now, and I am overall pleased. There are a few things that need to be improved on but overall Fusion is a great ride, very smooth and if you don't have a need for speed a good driving vehicle. I do have a problem with acceleration, seems like I'm killing the engine to get it to go. Wish I had a V6.

Disappointing Performance
By GingerDay on 03/17/09 09:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have used the car to commute 50 miles to Boston everyday. I anticipated the lack of power from my Olds Intrigue, but nothing like what I have experienced. The car has difficulty shifting our of first gear when it's cold (engine cold, not weather cold). When slowing from 65 miles an hour to negotiate toll boothes, the speed up is jerky and loud. When braking on exit ramps and having to merge, the same performance, it chokes on acceleration. I drove a Mazda 6, also a 4 cyl 5 speed, and its pep and response far outweighs the Fusion. I'm afraid to take the car far from home, it randomly just wont shift out of first gear easily when you need power to move forward from a stop.

Awesome Car!
By Allan on 02/02/09 11:12 AM (PST)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ford has built a great car. I also own a 2005 Honda Accord, and the quality of the fusion is the same or better. You get more standard equipment for the price compared to the competition. Definitely consider the Ford Fusion if you are in the market to purchase a mid-size family car.

Just got it, ove it!
By Deb S. on 08/13/08 08:44 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I went from a Ford F150 pick up truck to the Fusion. I had a loaner Fusion a couple months ago and fell in love with it. This is the first auto in years that has flipped my switch. I love how it looks and how it handles.

Better than I thought
By Troy Shafer on 07/15/08 17:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

We took a trip to Florida on vacation from KY and the car did better than advetised on fuel mileage. I checked it every time I fueled up and got 34 mpg at the best and adveraged 32.5-33 mpg. It is a Fusion S with some options and auto transmission. Simply put I would definitely buy another Ford product. No wonder all the reveiws are excellent for this car. I would rate it better than Toyota, equal with Honda, and far superior to Chevy according to people who i know have the Malibu

Fun to Drive
By jimb on 05/16/08 09:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I recently traded in my 2000 Volvo S70 AWD for the Fusion S with Auto. I have not regretted this purchase. The car is extremely fun, very economical and tons of room. My best friend is 6'2" and has lots of room in the backseat. The trunk is bigger than my wife's 2003 Taurus and my old Volvo. I totally overwhelmed with the comfort and most of all the 24 mpg in town. This is my 4 Ford vehicle and the best I have ever owned. I recommend the Fusion to anyone who is looking for an economical car that has lots of room. Also, everything one could want for options is standard.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.