Used 2008 Ford Fusion S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

ok
By cpletan

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

i average 27 both city/highway and its ok to drive. but the temp sensor is screwy throws engine lite.

fix temp sensor and low tire light needs better sign.

Economical and Reliable
By dw1234511

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I've been driving my 2008 fusion for about 2 years, purchased in Sept. 2010 from the dealer at 38k miles. It now has about 60k miles on it. I judge a vehicle based on number of maintenance issues. I have had 0 issues during my time of ownership, therefore the car has met my expectations. It's a very nice sedan and gets about 31 mpg on the highway. I would recommend the Fusion to a prospective buyer.

Nice surprise from US brand auto
By bruceocala

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car in May. I thought I'd buy Camry again, but got this Fusion w/automatic trans. It was cheaper than Camry and frankly fit me - a big guy - like a glove. So far, smart move. It has some dumb little design annoyances, but the conveniences outweigh them. It's as economical and reliable as a Camry, offering more space in leg room, overhead, front area storage, back seat seating, and a huge trunk. The handling on turns is like a race car, yet the turning radius getting into a parking space is poor; always an extra maneuver for a tight spot.

Even this no frills model has AUX plug inside console box for iPod. It has all the features I wanted. Great AC for me in FL. Like I said above, cornering is just awesome, better than son's Scion tC. Lots of varied and generous storage. I get 25-27mpg in mixed city-highway driving. Once at 5th gear, it sails along with very low RPMs. Highway runs about 30+mpg - great car if you do mostly highway driving. Solid and consistent with no mechanical issues in my 12k miles; now car has almost 50k. At 6'5" 250lbs 55yo, I'm very comfy. I really like this car.

Yes, 4 cyl is underpowered, especially compared to Camry, but I've adapted. I'm sure 6cyl is better but don't make it a requirement. You'll do fine with 4cyl. Yes, it's a bit loud; engine noise and at high speeds. Not that it's a real problem, but you will wish you could get a bit more volume from the stereo sometimes. Yes, it's got a weird left handedness and other quirky designs. I'm used to headlights and wiper control on the column sticks. Not here; only one column stick w/wipers only, plus push forward hi-beams. Headlight dial is on lower left dash. I'm always turning on wipers when I want lights. The complaints are minor. Ford Fusion is aces on the major items.

A College Student's Saving Grace
By Ben

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As a college student, I need something reliable and economic to get me from home to school. A 158K 1999 Explorer wouldn't cut it, so I received the family Fusion after it was replaced by a 2010 Mustang V6. One word really sums up the Fusion: UNEXPECTED. Perhaps it was the change from an SUV to a sedan, but I have been duly impressed. You wouldn't think a 160 HP FWD sedan would really pack a punch, but the Fusion can go in a hurry if you wanted it to. This car has been so much fun to drive, I've been having a hard time maxing out the mileage, which has been as high as 31 HWY/MPG. The 56,000 miles without any repairs has also minimized expenditures, making this Fusion a big win for me.

Black leather seats with red inserts, 18" alloy wheels (this is all with the sports appearance package). Great factory sound system. Throttle response, crisp shifter (5-speed manual), quick pedals. Above all, a fun car to drive!

While the seats are comfortable and stylish, the rest of the interior is covered with PLASTIC! It all LOOKS nice, but after driving for a while, you will hear the plastic pieces rubbing against each other. Very annoying. But, that's what music's for, right?

Growing on ME!
By It's growing on me

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I just financed a 08 Ford Fusion S. So far so good. I like my car, it's very roomy and comfortable. I did not do my research like I should've but after reading reviews on camry,accord, and malibu. I think that my car far exceeds the camry and honda in quality. I will probably trade in a year for a malibu because their reviews are great compared to a midsized car. I have had mines for about a month now, and I am overall pleased. There are a few things that need to be improved on but overall Fusion is a great ride, very smooth and if you don't have a need for speed a good driving vehicle. I do have a problem with acceleration, seems like I'm killing the engine to get it to go. Wish I had a V6.

I have the basis package so coming from a 99 Ford Escort I like the automatic windows, cd player, and stereo system.

Have to get used to the sluggish engine, but from reading reviews, about expected for a 4 cylinder engine. Just a big adjustment for me. Little bit cabin noise, and bad radio reception at time. The rearview is kinda crappy, can't really see over high back, Needs more power and insulation for cabin.